What's new

Tech - Nimble Reptile Nimble (mostly) Tips And Tricks

Lanqu

Noob
Hey, just want to share some tricks that can be useful while playing reptile. Some of them are universal across variations. Some of them are pure gimmicks but anyway sometimes they can save your life or bring you the win.
For me the most interesting part of the video are midscreen basilisk setups because it allow to convert you pressure game into nice amount of pure damage or build a lot of meter.
ps. English is not my native language but you have what you have)

00:15 - f412, 1212 into forceball setup
00:42 - f412, f4(1) into forceball armor break
01:07 - corner d3 into forceball setup
01:21 - corner f4 (1) into forceball setup
01:36 - Sub's cancels into klone punishers
02:19 - wakeup klone shatter
02:47 - jip into 4 bas setup
02:58 - framedata of 4 bas setup
03:15 - nimble combo of b4
03:22 - nimble combo of 34d4
03:29 - nimble midscreen setup of strings on hit b1d4 and 34
03:47 - nimble corner setup of d4 (as well as other two)

@RM Cossner
@THTB
@G4S J360
@OFIDYAN
@EVB Alright RyRy
@Pig Of The Hut
@DatProStunner
@HoneyBee

Last edited:

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
This is a very nice effort,but the wake up part was something I did not like.
I don't think that someone would risk a bar and a chance of a full combo punish while the acid ball is on it's way,IMO you must respect the acid ball and of course his bf2 on whiff to come close.
Anyway as I said it a very nice vid.

zoofs

bless
This is a very nice effort,but the wake up part was something I did not like.
I don't think that someone would risk a bar and a chance of a full combo punish while the acid ball is on it's way,IMO you must respect the acid ball and of course his bf2 on whiff to come close.
Anyway as I said it a very nice vid.
the point of a bunch of them is because doing meterless forceballs like that is still unsafe and subs ex slide would normally punish it

Lanqu

Noob
Thank guys. I like how versatile is reptile, thats his main strength and weakness in the same time)

the point of a bunch of them is because doing meterless forceballs like that is still unsafe and subs ex slide would normally punish it
not really. First video tech shows that even techroll into ex slide doesnt punish it. Others show that without techroll you even will be able to break the armor or get +15 on block (not really sure about advantage on blocked forceball but it definitely jails). So thats like a trade - you risk eating slide if techroll is done right but in any other case you are at massive advantage

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Hey, just want to share some tricks that can be useful while playing reptile. Some of them are universal across variations. Some of them are pure gimmicks but anyway sometimes they can save your life or bring you the win.
For me the most interesting part of the video are midscreen basilisk setups because it allow to convert you pressure game into nice amount of pure damage or build a lot of meter.
ps. English is not my native language but you have what you have)

00:15 - f412, 1212 into forceball setup
00:42 - f412, f4(1) into forceball armor break
01:07 - corner d3 into forceball setup
01:21 - corner f4 (1) into forceball setup
01:36 - Sub's cancels into klone punishers
02:19 - wakeup klone shatter
02:47 - jip into 4 bas setup
02:58 - framedata of 4 bas setup
03:15 - nimble combo of b4
03:22 - nimble combo of 34d4
03:29 - nimble midscreen setup of strings on hit b1d4 and 34
03:47 - nimble corner setup of d4 (as well as other two)

@RM Cossner
@THTB
@G4S J360
@OFIDYAN
@EVB Alright RyRy
@Pig Of The Hut
@DatProStunner
@HoneyBee
Freaking Delicious. Great stuff

Lanqu

Noob
@Lanqu hey man do you know if these anti wake up setups w the safe ball and stuffing wake ups work vs shinnok?
I suppose if this setups works against 9 frame low profile wake up they should work against shinnok as well, but I can check that.
I think that against shinnok there could be even more setups.
Edit: checked. Slow ass Shinnok's wakeups cant punish reptile's any setup except 14-forceball setup.
For example f412 dash, 21, f412 sfb launches Shinnok for the another full combo if he decides to use ex Scepter on techrolled wakeup.

Last edited: