What's new

Reptile Meter use?

Milk

Snake eyes
What do you guys use your meter for? Going to a tournament and it has 2v2, and I'm figuring out when/if I need to use my meter, or if I can save it for assists if need be. At the moment, I only use ex forceball in a combo if I am really nervous i'll drop my BNB. Besides that, I sometimes to EX Slide, but rarely.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I use it generally to get more damage for a dash elbow punish.

Milk

Snake eyes
As in just doing a clean ex dash elbow for damage, or use it to get closer quicker?

I personally like to save my meter for pretty much just two things:

1) Breakers. Sure, its 2 bars, but being able to save life and give myself some momentum is really helpful.

2) EX Forceballs. I don't really use them all that much, but when the opponent starts to turtle hardcore and doesn't have a teleport, a charged EX Forceball combined with following it with regular dashes or getting in front of it with an Elbow Dash makes for insane high-low mixups (I guess medium-low in MK format? :D)

X-Rays can be useful, and make great punishes for some things that would normally be unpunishable with its armor, but with Reptile's easy BnB dealing 39% and a more advanced one dealing 45%, compared to a raw X-Ray of 33%, generally speaking in my opinion it'd be more efficient use of meter to either simply not use it or use one or two bars for a few extra percent, as opposed to three bars for what could very well be less.
Then again, the practicality of pressing 2 (or 3) buttons to do that much damage may outweigh the meter use, especially in an intense environment like a tournament.

In a 2v2, though, Reptile's assist is godlike.
Fully charged EX Forceball that you can abuse with dashes, teleports, and dashing attacks (like Kabal's run or even various slides)?
Simply amazing.

Are we talking about the same BnB?

Because I'm talking about :fp :bp :bp Fast Forceball :fk :bp Slow Forceball :fk :bp :fp Slide.

Are your by any chance talking about the same combo with a jump-in :fp / :bp and :en Slide?

EDIT:

Oh wait I see now.
:fp :bp :bp Fast Forceball nJ:bp/:fp :fk :bp Slow Forceball :fk :bp :fp Slide

Milk

Snake eyes
I try to use breakers as a super last resort, if I am about to die and think I might be able to run it back.

I try not to use his x ray too much unless I have to, especially now in 2v2 I don't wanna use it since we both have to use the meter, and my assist is godlike. Ermac's is okay(My team mate), but mine is godlike.

Are we talking about the same BnB?

Because I'm talking about :fp :bp :bp Fast Forceball :fk :bp Slow Forceball :fk :bp :fp Slide.

Are your by any chance talking about the same combo with a jump-in :fp / :bp and :en Slide?

EDIT:

Oh wait I see now.
:fp :bp :bp Fast Forceball nJ:bp/:fp :fk :bp Slow Forceball :fk :bp :fp Slide
Bnb I'm talking about is:

3 1 2 elbow nj punch slow fball, 3 2 fast forceball 3 1 2 slide

It depends.

It usually depends on who i'm playing. It's much more situation in Reptile's case i feel. If i'm playing someone who's a ranger, i'll save it for a fullscreen xray punish. If i'm playing someone who isn't playing a teleport character, i'll use it for EX SlowForceBall for pressure, or an EX-Invisibility for buff+confusion. Other than that, i usually end up using it for breaker against better players.

Milk

Snake eyes
It usually depends on who i'm playing. It's much more situation in Reptile's case i feel. If i'm playing someone who's a ranger, i'll save it for a fullscreen xray punish. If i'm playing someone who isn't playing a teleport character, i'll use it for EX SlowForceBall for pressure, or an EX-Invisibility for buff+confusion. Other than that, i usually end up using it for breaker against better players.
Sounds about accurate. I usually dont use ex invis, but the buff is nice.

Bnb I'm talking about is:

3 1 2 elbow nj punch slow fball, 3 2 fast forceball 3 1 2 slide
Wait wat.

That does 45% and, actually, is the slightly more advanced BnB I was talking about (albeit I do
:fk :bp Slow Forceball Fast Forceball :fk :bp:fp Slide after the nJ, its the same thing pretty much).

So I'm a little confused now...

Milk

Snake eyes
Wait wat.

That does 45% and, actually, is the slightly more advanced BnB I was talking about (albeit I do
:fk :bp Slow Forceball Fast Forceball :fk :bp:fp Slide after the nJ, its the same thing pretty much).

So I'm a little confused now...
I didn't know who you were responding to, I was just stating the bnb I was talking about in my OP was that one. Your's is just a bit less damage though, right?

I didn't know who you were responding to, I was just stating the bnb I was talking about in my OP was that one. Your's is just a bit less damage though, right?
Oh pfft, my bad.
Same avatar confused me.
Was responding to THTB. Probably should've quoted.

Yeah, the one I posted is 34%, but is incredibly easy, comparatively speaking. (The added nJ after the first Forceball gives it 5 more %, but I find it to be harder to land than if you were just doing 3 2 1 Dash combo).
But to put the ease into perspective, I've never dropped that one. Ever. Even in terribad online.
It also starts from a jab, making it pretty darn quick.

The variation between 3 2 Forceball Forceball and Forceball 3 2 Forceball doesn't make any difference to damage, though, for the 45%er, if that's what you meant.

So... yeah... gonna have to make sure to read names more often...

Milk

Snake eyes
Oh pfft, my bad.
Same avatar confused me.
Was responding to THTB. Probably should've quoted.

Yeah, the one I posted is 34%, but is incredibly easy, comparatively speaking. (The added nJ after the first Forceball gives it 5 more %, but I find it to be harder to land than if you were just doing 3 2 1 Dash combo).
But to put the ease into perspective, I've never dropped that one. Ever. Even in terribad online.
It also starts from a jab, making it pretty darn quick.

The variation between 3 2 Forceball Forceball and Forceball 3 2 Forceball doesn't make any difference to damage, though, for the 45%er, if that's what you meant.

So... yeah... gonna have to make sure to read names more often...
Haha, no worries man. It is a lot easier, up until you practice it, the elbow nj punch can be tricky to hit consistently. The only timing part of the 45% bnb is the nj punch and the elbow out of the 3 1 2.

Also, you guys need to check the Reptile Videos thread, some guy just posted a 50% meterless corner combo that is sick. BORING to watch, but, if you need the win and got them pinned in a corner, rip it.