What's new

Match Footage - Reptile Reptile Matches

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
So im kinda losing pretty much since yesterday. I came up against pretty good guys imo. I´m not that great at all i guess, but i want to improve as reptile and overall.

Don´t know if you want to see 1 hour of games, but i just let you some links here. Need some criticism please.

(this one is still uploading)

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Not gonna watch all of it but just from the first match:

• Stop jumping
  • Stop putting yourself in the corner
  • Stop letting the enemy out of the corner
  • Don't back dash when you have nothing to get away from
  • Don't wake-up EX Elbow Dash
  • Don't wake-up regular Swipe
  • Don't do B3 xx Slide
  • Learn to hit confirm (or at least as an alternative for online, do EX Swipe)
  • You have NO reason to do F412 xx Leap especially after seeing that F4 hit. That's plenty of time to confirm.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Not gonna watch all of it but just from the first match:

• Stop jumping
  • Stop putting yourself in the corner
  • Stop letting the enemy out of the corner
  • Don't back dash when you have nothing to get away from
  • Don't wake-up EX Elbow Dash
  • Don't wake-up regular Swipe
  • Don't do B3 xx Slide
  • Learn to hit confirm (or at least as an alternative for online, do EX Swipe)
  • You have NO reason to do F412 xx Leap especially after seeing that F4 hit. That's plenty of time to confirm.
Well i don´t know why im jumping so much.
I guess it´s because of the jjip as "combo starter". I kinda learned every combo with jip in MK9.

Also sometimes i think dashing or going to the enemy is pretty unsafe. Maybe i should run more idk?

I always thought the EX Elbow Dash has armor :D.

How can you actually learn "hit conform"?

Also i think the first game was the worst of all :D.

thanks for your help :)

Method

Full Combo Punishable
... and thankfully and we use those for pretty much er'ything. F21 you can confirm drunk and asleep. Wish we had a low confirmable ...

Method

Full Combo Punishable
How can you actually learn "hit conform"?
Certain strings, you can input the first few hits ... pause to confirm that they have NOT been blocked ... then finish inputing the rest of the string. If you are blocked, abandon the rest of the string and/or the special cancel at the end. Learn to hit confirm and you'll be much safer.

F412 for instance, you can pound that out and still have ample time to confirm the hits and decide whether to cancel into something or bail and block to remain safe. You can even do just the F41 and stop there if you need the extra frame.

qspec

Noob
You just need one down input, right? Directional inputs after specials wipe the special input.

That said, I cannot see the life of these OS lasting another patch or two so learn at your own risk.

As a reptile main i dont see u use d+4 at all or f+2,1 wich imo are pretty good normals to use in neutral.
Also d+4 on hit is very plus and neutral on block so u can bait out a move and punish it.other then tht it takes time to get good with reptile.
And a last tip make sure when u hit confirm do the max damage u can since his damage output isnt tht high

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
As a reptile main i dont see u use d+4 at all or f+2,1 wich imo are pretty good normals to use in neutral.
Also d+4 on hit is very plus and neutral on block so u can bait out a move and punish it.other then tht it takes time to get good with reptile.
And a last tip make sure when u hit confirm do the max damage u can since his damage output isnt tht high
can you combo out of f21 with (ex) ffb or (ex) claw?

yea i guess i never use d+4 or f21 (just as ender)

can you combo out of f21 with (ex) ffb or (ex) claw?

yea i guess i never use d+4 or f21 (just as ender)
u can special cancel f+2,1 into anything except exffb tht doesnt work.
D+4 is a good normal to keep distance altho u cant combo with it, and ending ur combo in f+2,1,2+3 is a hard knockdown or u can end it with 1,4 wich is also a hard knockdown.

Also i was planning on streaming some games this weekend u should come and watch i can play both nimble and noxious.
Im not great tho