What's new

Reptile Guide Feedback

Kak

Noob
EDIT: lol disregard stuff in gray, it's incorrect/irrelevent

Unfortunately, 2f31+2 does not work. :(
I'm new to all this so I could be missing something (if so don't be too hard on me :] ), but I think it does work. At the end of the combo RapZiLLa specified, while it doesn't register on the hitcount/damage counter, the last hit does connect and it says "7%" at the bottom of the screen in training mode. But the proof can be seen by watching the health bar, where you can see the health taken away specifically by that last hit. You can compare how much health was taken out of the health bar with and without that last hit to see that its more (you can use a character with a longer name for measurement), or compare that ender to the regular 321slide, which does less. However it usually doesn't work at the end of the big elbowdash/NJP combo due to how low the enemy is by then, but it can work with near perfect timing after the forceball. But on the others it almost always connects. Just as a damage example, if you do land it on an elbowdash/NJP combo, lets say 321-elbow dash, NJP, 32-fastball, slowball, 2f31+2, that does 41%, as opposed to 37% with a 321slide ender. Add a 32-EX slow ball to that and it does 45% (48% with jump in).

Using this as a combo ender (and its registration problem) is actually something I discovered early on, but I completely forgot about it and never thought to put it on the end of the big combos I learned later on. Anyways, all that said, I think for those of us using a (PS3) controller, hitting 2f31+2 combined with the strict timing is very tricky, maybe I (we) just need to practice with a different thumb/finger technique. Otherwise it will be difficult to have it be part of a normal BnB, but you guys could probably have more luck than me with consistency.

On an unrelated note, I was fooling around in training mode and stumbled upon a straightforward combo that is surely known but I don't know if its been mentioned here (if so, disregard): 32-EX fast ball,NJP,32-slow ball,321-slide . The interesting thing about it is that it does 40% with that 1 meter, which is only 1% less than the 1 meter EX ball elbowdash/NJP combo. Snce its arguably easier to do (although its NJP is a little tricky), it maybe almost makes the elbowdash one a little obsolete, or maybe just compliments it. Either way, I think it's a good 1 meter BnB. And that 2f31+2 ender last hit connects much easier with it, so if you start it with a jump in punch you'll get 46% damage with the highest consistency, if your hand can master the 2f31+2 input.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It doesn't work because you can block the 1+2 part of it.

Kak

Noob
Ohhh, okay, I didn't realise that. I misunderstood and I think I should have known better, sorry :p. I did actually turn block mode on auto in training mode when I was testing it and didn't see it blocked, but now testing it with a second controller indeed a second player can block it, I should have tried that first. Oh well. Maybe I can catch a few people online who don't hold block it with it though.

TheCreator, yes you can. After a knock down or whenever it's safe, use regular invisibility. While the opponent has a good idea of where you are from your outline, it masks your hitbox enough for them to miscalculate into an attack, and also masks what type of attack you are doing. Jump/elbowdash in and if they are blocking do the 321 and 1221 strings with differently placed cancels into acid hand and slide, changing up when in the combo the special comes out. Be careful with how unsafe on (low) block the slide is though.