What's new

Reptile GIFs

Anyone have any? I know Dave posted one ages ago of Reptile's Infinite. That's what I'm looking for. GIF Sprites will also work.

I'm also looking for Ermac or Rain as well.

Thanks In advance 8)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Something like this?

It's possible to manually plug in the missing parts of Jax's sprites to get a full shot of it without obvious borders cutting him off, and chop the sides off the optimize it more. I just threw this together from an avi.

ded

Elder God
Shock said:
Something like this?

It's possible to manually plug in the missing parts of Jax's sprites to get a full shot of it without obvious borders cutting him off, and chop the sides off the optimize it more. I just threw this together from an avi.
that looks nice man but why its playing so slow? also i remember you had one really old gif with reptile vs liu on church stage with aahpx2, dash, aahpx2, dash repeat, i think its purpose was to show that if timed correctly it could be like inf (that gif is probably from 2003), although its not it looked really cool

ded_ said:
Shock said:
Something like this?

that looks nice man but why its playing so slow? also i remember you had one really old gif with reptile vs liu on church stage with aahpx2, dash, aahpx2, dash repeat, i think its purpose was to show that if timed correctly it could be like inf (that gif is probably from 2003), although its not it looked really cool
It ain't playing slow for me, it's actually kinda going a bit fast

dreemernj

Ambassador
Different browsers have different ways of handling fast animated gifs.

I find gifs like this look faster on firefox, slower on opera and ie, and are usually just right on safari (ymmv).

I've even encountered times where a I saved an anigif from ie and opened it in an anigif player and what I saved retained the slowdown. So its like the browser is making a new copy to cache with a slower speed.

The slowdown is probably a performance measure to prevent anigifs from tanking the browser. The speed up is probably just bad code.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah it plays very slowly for me as well but I saved the gif at 3hs per frame I believe so when it plays in the gif editor it looks pretty much like game speed.

dreemernj

Ambassador
DAVE101 said:
Firefox plays it perfect
Yeah, the mileage definately varies on it. On my comp it plays blindingly fast in FF (1.5.x and 2.0.x). On an earlier Opera there was this crazy Gif glitch where as you scrolled down if it showed the same animated gif multiple times, every one you scrolled by it would increase the speed of all of them. So if there was a thread with animated avatars and you scrolled by the smae ones a few times they'd end up light speed at the end.

And I also had a version of IE for a while that played them in mega slowmo. It was like if the gif was too fast it reset to ultra slow.

i know, i been tryin to get pics of the head bigger then that, but nobody really wants to practice glitches with me, so thats the biggest I got, that I was able to get a picture of. I've had the head over the health bars before but didn't have a camera.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I still think Shock or ded (or somebody!) should make a new Reptile only video of the biggest and best combos (along with the Rep volley) and other just pure Reptile domination.

And use Static-X's "Reptile" as the soundtrack for it.