What's new

Move List - Reptile Reptile Frame Data

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
So far it appears that Reptile is unsafe on all of his special moves...whether he spends meter or not...that sucks. However, he does have a overhead and a low poke that are both safe...so that's nice.

But ya, if you spend meter on wake up and the opponent blocks you get punished :(

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
So far it appears that Reptile is unsafe on all of his special moves...whether he spends meter or not...that sucks. However, he does have a overhead and a low poke that are both safe...so that's nice.

But ya, if you spend meter on wake up and the opponent blocks you get punished :(
This game's wakeup system is not going to mirror MK9s - you likely shouldn't be spending meter to wake up because wakeups are no longer invincible. This is kind of a non-issue. I kind of like that it forces us to play smart and hit confirm instead of blindly trying to armor unsafe moves at opponents who haven't found the block button.

Also yeah, he definitely has the tools to win. There are likely super good set-ups with forceball, puke, and noxious gas activation that we haven't scratched the surface of yet.

Medina4life

Media Master
Hit confirming is a little hard with his current strings it seems like. His easiest thing to hit confirm is his b2 over head into f2 combo. Not a lot of dmg, short range but you don't have to commit the same way you do with his other stuff.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
This game's wakeup system is not going to mirror MK9s - you likely shouldn't be spending meter to wake up because wakeups are no longer invincible. This is kind of a non-issue. I kind of like that it forces us to play smart and hit confirm instead of blindly trying to armor unsafe moves at opponents who haven't found the block button.

Also yeah, he definitely has the tools to win. There are likely super good set-ups with forceball, puke, and noxious gas activation that we haven't scratched the surface of yet.
Wait but that doesn't make sence. MK 9 had invincible wake up attacks so you should not use the armor there. In MK X there is no invincible wake up attacks so you need the armor to go through your opponents attack...right?

You need armor on wake up in MK X because there is no invincibility on wake up. Either that or just block on wake up.

What I'm saying is if you try to use armor on wake up and it's blocked you get punished. So you either anticipate correctly or just block.

This is for Reptile only not other characters. I haven't tried there wake up moves yet.

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
Wait but that doesn't make sence. MK 9 had invincible wake up attacks so you should not use the armor there. In MK X there is no invincible wake up attacks so you need the armor to go through your opponents attack...right?

You need armor on wake up in MK X because there is no invincibility on wake up. Either that or just block on wake up.

What I'm saying is if you try to use armor on wake up and it's blocked you get punished. So you either anticipate correctly or just block.

This is for Reptile only not other characters. I haven't tried there wake up moves yet.
Right, to clarify: I wasn't talking about specific armored wake-up moves, I meant invincibility on waking up in general as a game mechanic. In MK9 all wakeups, ex or not, had some amount of invincibility (for some characters it wasn't enough to connect before a meaty, but it was there), and all EX moves had wake-up invincibility frames. In MKX, wake-up moves only have armor if they had armor to begin with, so the oki game is going to look VERY different. Wake-ups in general will be used less and more people will be getting up blocking due to the universal changes, which was what I was trying to get across initially. Yes, there will be safe armored wake-ups that cost meter for some characters, but they will be not very present due to outrageous predictability once these characters have been fully fleshed out. If a character has 1 or 2 ex specials that will armor a wake-up, you bet that's part of the MU and you adjust accordingly. Not every character has them, and Reptile doesn't need them IMO. I think this general change of wake-up invincibility will mean MKX might be a lot more offense/momentum oriented on knockdowns.

In short, to respond to "You need armor on wake up in MK X because there is no invincibility on wake up", I think you kind of answered yourself by saying "Either that or just block on wake up". I think that blocking on wake-up will be a pretty common safe thing to do at the competitive level in this game.

Medina4life

Media Master
Let's all take a second to recognize reptile has armour on his slide and his db2 launcher when enhanced. O man, I will not miss the days of MK9 where acid hand and slide (bad hitbox nonetheless) were your wake ups and EX slide being your only armour move. You can argue he doesn't need it, but screw that. Give me more armoured launcher specials!

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Let's all take a second to recognize reptile has armour on his slide and his db2 launcher when enhanced. O man, I will not miss the days of MK9 where acid hand and slide (bad hitbox nonetheless) were your wake ups and EX slide being your only armour move. You can argue he doesn't need it, but screw that. Give me more armoured launcher specials!
Reptile actually had 3 armored moves. The 2 you mentioned above and his EX Pounce also has one hit of armor. Which is great for absorbing a projectile from fullscreen while anti-zoning.

So that's 2 launcher's with armor and one of them an overhead. Thank you.