What's new

Reptile - Frame Data Conclusions - Blocked String Punishment

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
First of all, big credit to Somberness. I used his frame data to draw these conclusions.

This is a rough draft of a chart I made to show all of the frame gaps in Reptile's combo strings. ALL of his combo strings. I wanted to make these charts to see what strings are punishable, and what I can do to punish them. Some strings have large gaps. Some strings have gaps of only 1 or 2 frames. Unfortunately you have to know your own character's frame data to find out what you can punish with, but I plan on making these charts for as many characters as I can.

I want to point out though that just because something has a certain amount of frames in a gap, that doesn't necessarily mean that only moves of that amount of frames or less will win. Moves like mileena's d4 can throw things off due to having such a low hitbox, but this is a rare case.

Like I said earlier, this is a rough draft. If there's any erroneous information or anything that looks like a typo, let me know. If you have any suggestions to make this easier to read, I'm open. If you have any questions let me know.

Why not upload this as a google doc? People would probably be far more inclined to check this out if it wasn't a file from some random hosting site. Not that i distrust you <3

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Because it loses all of the formatting that I used in excel. I'm currently trying to figure out how to make it easier. I could take a screenshot of it and post it as a picture but it's going to be a really big picture and im not sure what the size limitations are on TYM.

EDIT: Ok I fixed it. I just made it a jpeg and inserted the picture.

Somberness

Lights
Cool stuff. Unfortunately all the string gap info is likely wrong as the cancel advantage starts from the cancel frame which I did not list for Reptile. I am switching all the execution numbers so the number isn't needed but have yet to do it for him. :(

Somberness

Lights
3,2 is only 15 execution and 3 has +18 cancel advantage on block so there is no gap there. The gap between 2,3+4 is only 3 frames, 3+4 has 21 startup while 2 has +18 cancel advantage on block.

edit: switched 2,3+4 gap, was looking at wrong number.
edit2: updated the frame data thread.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
3,2 is only 15 execution and 3 has +18 cancel advantage on block so there is no gap there. The gap between 2,3+4 is only 3 frames, 3+4 has 21 startup while 2 has +18 cancel advantage on block.

edit: switched 2,3+4 gap, was looking at wrong number.
edit2: updated the frame data thread.
Alright, now you REALLY confused me.

I still love you and thank you for your great hard job, though. I'd have your babies.

Somberness

Lights
Sorry to do this to you again (lol), but you have to use the execution number to find out what the gap is. I thought you had it down after seeing Raiden's and it was correct. I know I said using the start up was the right way but it doesn't work out for 1 frame gaps. Down 4~acid hand is a 1 frame gap since you can indeed use x-ray to interrupt it.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Sorry to do this to you again (lol), but you have to use the execution number to find out what the gap is. I thought you had it down after seeing Raiden's and it was correct. I know I said using the start up was the right way but it doesn't work out for 1 frame gaps. Down 4~acid hand is a 1 frame gap since you can indeed use x-ray to interrupt it.
Ok I updated it. Can you check it now and tell me if it looks correct to you?

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
He might have meant you can duck and poke between 1 and 2.
This is what I meant. I was just saying that since it can be ducked that it isn't as "easy" to hit with compared to 32. Besides that, 122 is great and I use it often.