What's new

Question - Reptile Reptile fame questions

Hey. Well, after having my ass handed to me rather thoroughly in my first online experience vs a good reptile, I have some questions.

I felt like even though I kept losing over and over I got a little better at reckognizing what to do, but I have a few questions.

What is the frame advantage (both on hit and on block) of D4 and D3?

What is the start up of whatever that far reaching string / combo starter is, the overhead, and B3?

It feels like his pokes jail you into free mixup attempts regardless of whether or not they land, and if they land you barely have enough time to block a combo starter afterwards. I was getting hit with a poke and a follow up combo even while holding block, so I figured I'd ask, since I feel like there's no way my thoughts about his pokes jailing you could be true.

Any info appreciated.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Whatever you thought was frame advantage for reptile, was only online lag.
He is negative on everything, and punishable on almost everything.

Pray you don't fight an Erron Black.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Ok so I'm going to give you all the data for all those moves just to try and help.

d4- Startup 12
Block 0
Hit 25
d3- Startup 9
Block -2
Hit 14
f21- Startup 13
Block -4
Hit 6
b3- Startup 15
Block 0
Hit 13

Last edited:
Hey. Well, after having my ass handed to me rather thoroughly in my first online experience vs a good reptile, I have some questions.

I felt like even though I kept losing over and over I got a little better at reckognizing what to do, but I have a few questions.

What is the frame advantage (both on hit and on block) of D4 and D3?

What is the start up of whatever that far reaching string / combo starter is, the overhead, and B3?

It feels like his pokes jail you into free mixup attempts regardless of whether or not they land, and if they land you barely have enough time to block a combo starter afterwards. I was getting hit with a poke and a follow up combo even while holding block, so I figured I'd ask, since I feel like there's no way my thoughts about his pokes jailing you could be true.

Any info appreciated.
Reptile is safe on some of his moves, namely B3 and B2 - but you can def punish any one who pokes with F2, 1, 1+3..... this is his advancing string.

Most Reptiles will use his F4, 1, 2 string which has an OH in the string, you can punish this I find with a throw.

If you play on XB1 I can give you some games with my Reptile ?

Wetdoba

All too easy...
The step back overhead is neutral on block too and puts him at the perfect range for his advancing string. and keep in mind in this game neutral on block really means plus 1 so yeah no its not just online lag

zaf

professor
Shouldn't all of this be in the game? I don't see the need to ask in a thread for frames when you can go into the lab.....

I mean sure there are some pieces of information that CAN be incorrect, but you can still test to see frame advantage.

To Test frame advantage.
You can use moves that are already known to be neutral or plus on block as a sample test to know what the jump looks like
For example, ermac has his ex air blast at +5 - 6 frames roughly
So I can do this on block then jump and have the AI set to jump, I can gauge roughly how much time/the distance is created when this is blocked and use this as a baseline.

On block
- Set the AI to block whatever normal or blockstring, then have them jump immediately when it is done. You need to jump at the same time.
Test to see who gets to jump first.

On Hit
- Set the AI to not block whatever normal or blockstring, then have them jump immediately when it is done. You need to jump at the same time.

This won't give you a number for how exact the advantage is but it can give you a good idea.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Shouldn't all of this be in the game? I don't see the need to ask in a thread for frames when you can go into the lab.....

I mean sure there are some pieces of information that CAN be incorrect, but you can still test to see frame advantage.

To Test frame advantage.
You can use moves that are already known to be neutral or plus on block as a sample test to know what the jump looks like
For example, ermac has his ex air blast at +5 - 6 frames roughly
So I can do this on block then jump and have the AI set to jump, I can gauge roughly how much time/the distance is created when this is blocked and use this as a baseline.

On block
- Set the AI to block whatever normal or blockstring, then have them jump immediately when it is done. You need to jump at the same time.

On Hit
- Set the AI to not block whatever normal or blockstring, then have them jump immediately when it is done. You need to jump at the same time.

This won't give you a number for how exact the advantage is but it can give you a good idea.
Similarly, for punishes: training mode offers reversals and will do it automatically if there's a hole in a string or at the end of the string. If you get hit, punishable, if not, safe.

If you want the opponent to do a reversal at the end of a string with a hole in it. Do the string first, and after it passed the interruptable part, pause and set the AI to do the reversal of choice.

And lastly, if you want exact numbers, it will be tedious: you can take the fastest move in the game (KL EX Spin?) and see if it punishes the move you're testing, if it does, move on to the next fastest move and repeat until you can't punish the tested move anymore.

Reactions: zaf