What's new

Reptile Elbow Dash Whiff Combo Help

Milk

Snake eyes
I know information about this is scattered all over the place, but it wouldn't hurt to just compile it in one place. I'm sure everyone has a different way or method of doing this, so let's get together all the tips and see which ones help who. This seems to be one of Reptiles best and most damaging assets, along with timing the neutral jump punch out of it, so...

I personally do it like this: (This is the 3 2 1 bnb by the way. The 1 2 2 forceball bnb doesn't need elbow dash whiffs.)

3 2
Back
Forward + 2
From here, you can either commence the neutral jump combos, and, right after you input the elbow dash, you're going to want to hit jump and punch at the same time, basically right when their feet are close to the top of your head, and that would follow such as:

Neutral Jump Punch, Slow Forceball 3 2 fast Forceball 3 2 1 slide. ( Ex Slide puts it at 47% instead of 45%, so not worth wasting the meter.)

Neutral Jump Punch Ex Green Hand Command Dash 3 2 Ex Fast FB 3 2 Ex Slow FB 3 2 slide. (If you're gonna' waste all your meter might as well do it in style. :) )

Neutral Jump Punch slow forceball 3 2 X Ray (Anymore reps of 3 2 will make the X Ray a waste of meter for the damage scaling)

Neutral Jump Punch Ex Green Hand dash 3 2 fast forceball into whatever.
Or, if you're having trouble timing the jump punch, you're not out of luck, you have:

Another rep of 3 2 1 elbow dash (I don't use this much, so, anyone wanna' tell me what's possible after this? I know you can do one more rep of 3 2 1 after the elbow dash, but past that, I don't know.)

Ex Slow Forceball into whatever combo

3 2 slow forceball Fast Forceball 3 2 1 slide. If you want a bit of extra damage you can do 3 2 slow force ball 3 2 ex fast forceball 3 2 1 slide.

1 2 2 ex force ball (Either) into 3 2 1 slide.
Update:

Out of the 45% bnb, with the nj punch, instead of ending with the slide, get your execution down, and end it with another elbow dash whiff or 2. Gives you amazing position, and another opportunity to set up another acid ball. Sacrificing a bit of damage, but, the positioning is more than worth it. Credit to [ADG] Wonder_Chef for that idea.

Thanks Milk. Ill have to try this approach. Im not sure the damage,but going back into the 321 after the dash may be my best bet for now. Options are always good, and it seems Reptile has a slew of em,lol.

Milk

Snake eyes
Thanks Milk. Ill have to try this approach. Im not sure the damage,but going back into the 321 after the dash may be my best bet for now. Options are always good, and it seems Reptile has a slew of em,lol.
I am pretty sure you can get 2 reps of 3 2 1 elbow dash. So what you could do is like 3 2 1 elbow dash 3 2 1 elbow dash ex slow force ball? I'm not sure if they will be high enough to hit 3 2 fast forceball or not. But, I'd say just do 3 2 1 elbow dash 3 2 slow forceball fast forceball 3 2 1 slide. Damage wise, that's the easiest thing that's got comparable damage to his nj punch bnb.

Milk

Snake eyes
Just keep in mind too, you're not gonna' be hitting this every single time when you first try it, it takes practice.

When you end with a whiff you end up right in front of their face. Is that the position you're speaking off?

Milk

Snake eyes
When you end with a whiff you end up right in front of their face. Is that the position you're speaking off?
Indeed it is. At the end of the elbow dash you can ex invis safe as well, or just do it at the end of the combo instead of the elbow dash, whatever your preference.

This video at 1:13 is what I mean completely on why this is a good tactic to use.

Hmm sorry for sounding stupid, it helps with the position advantage, though, I'm sure you didn't mean to get upper cutted out of the EX Invis. Were you trying to do another Combo? Otherwise, you just wasted a meter for nothing.

Milk

Snake eyes
Hmm sorry for sounding stupid, it helps with the position advantage, though, I'm sure you didn't mean to get upper cutted out of the EX Invis. Were you trying to do another Combo? Otherwise, you just wasted a meter for nothing.
I made a bad read. I was expecting him to do a high attack, as to why I slid, or to try to teleport out of the corner, which slide pops him right out of.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
WOW, I was in training mode and suddenly my combos started doing a ton less, apparently the hotfix came out.

Our BnB went from 43% to 36%...

Did they really need to nerf reptile so badly?

Milk

Snake eyes
WOW, I was in training mode and suddenly my combos started doing a ton less, apparently the hotfix came out.

Our BnB went from 43% to 36%...

Did they really need to nerf reptile so badly?
When did this patch happen...? Did PSN get this or is it still down?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Our old BnB is now 37%. New BnB should be:

321 xx dash, NJP, 2 xx fast forceball, 32 xx slow forceball, 321 xx slide.

39% after patch. Was 47%.