What's new

Video/Tutorial - Reptile Reptile Corner Setup and Mixup, Looks at All Wakeup Options and Getup Timings

Not exactly a 50/50, but at least it should be safe against all options except the few stated in the video. I've been looking into post knockdown setups and have been quite fond of using a normal behind a forceball to beat armoured wakeups. Surprised this beats Tempest Kung Lao's EX Spin lol. Also I have a feeling something like this can be done midscreen too. If this setup holds I will probably look into that as well as increasing the overall damage.

Edit: Realized I uploaded the wrong version of this video about 50 mins after the original went up. This one should have slightly more information.

Last edited:

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
But if they block your d3 you're at a disadvantage. It may work once or twice but there isn't really a guessing game after the painfully obvious set up. Smart players will just counter poke the d3

HPHatecraft posted a setup that allows you to invert and blow up every single wake up in the game and still get the 38-39% damage. Imma try and find it maybe

But if they block your d3 you're at a disadvantage. It may work once or twice but there isn't really a guessing game after the painfully obvious set up. Smart players will just counter poke the d3

HPHatecraft posted a setup that allows you to invert and blow up every single wake up in the game and still get the 38-39% damage. Imma try and find it maybe
Yeah I mentioned that in the video, If they are are just going to block low on normal get up you can b2 instead of d3. Its hard to implement a pure a 50/50 mixup while still covering their delayed get up timings and wakeups. The greatest advantage of this imo is that you remain safe on all options while still implementing a decent mixup. The worst, like you said is that you get counter poked, much better then a full punish. Also this setup is just a base that works on most of the cast. The next step is to make it more character/variation specific. There are characters with bad wakeup moves where you can b2 or b3 in place of d3 that will beat their armoured wakeups. Like I said d3 just works well against most of the cast. I'm pretty sure there are characters that you can b2 or b3 and beat their armoured wakeups while still covering their delayed get ups (that the 50/50 you are looking for?). For now though characters with good wakeups will still need to be meatied with d3. But who knows, maybe there are 50/50 setups that can beat wakeups such as Kung Lao spin while still covering delayed get up. Got to put more time In the lab.

I saw that setup and wont comment on it because I am not too familiar with the in and outs of it yet. If it really does beat every wake up in the game then that its impressive. All they said is that it reverses the wakeups though. Did someone confirm that it beats every single wakeup in the game? Also I'm not sure how it deals with delayed get up. I've been meaning to to take that setup to the lab.

Edit: Sorry for the long post

Last edited:
I took this setup to the lab just now for a little bit and I'm not sure what you mean by "blow up every single wake up in the game". Is the point of this setup to reverse your opponents input timings or to cause their wakeup to whiff? Because unless I'm doing something wrong with the few charterers I've tried so far, I don't see how this works. Besides the obvious mashing of Xray with characters such as Kotal Kahn, you can easily still wakeup with almost all character and punish depending on the wakeup. For instance if I'm kung lao and want to wake up with spin, there Is a very simple timing to wake up spin regardless if you run over my body or not. All I have to do is enter df1 bf1 df1 when I see my face hit the ground and no matter what side you are on I am waking up with spin and punishing you if you jump straight up.