What's new

Reptile Combo Video 5: Reptillian Shananigans Part 2 - AntiJosh

XxXAntiJoshXxX

Herpetologist - The Study of The Reptillian

New combo video showing some of the best old and new mix ups for Reptile. Each one is useful in it's own way depending on how your opponent responds to your rush down. Enjoy.

1. Anti-Roll Mixup into Slow Force Ball Block String Setup

2. EX-Slide Mixup into Anti-Wake Up Combo

3. Back Kick Mixup Into Hybrid Crush Reset Into Block String

4. Backwards Jump Mixup Into Invisible Combo Into Triple Elbow Dash Mixup Into Throw.

5. Slide Whiff Mixup Into Corner Combo Into Throw.

6. X Ray Combo Into Invisibility Elbow Dash Mixup Into Throw.

Shout outs to:
THTB
Chris G
Tyler Lantern
Check
Muffin Muggers

(Slide Whiff Mixup Found By Muffin Muggers)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

New combo video showing some of the best old and new mix ups for Reptile. Each one is useful in it's own way depending on how your opponent responds to your rush down. Enjoy.

1. Anti-Roll Mixup into Slow Force Ball Block String Setup

2. EX-Slide Mixup into Anti-Wake Up Combo

3. Back Kick Mixup Into Hybrid Crush Reset Into Block String

4. Backwards Jump Mixup Into Invisible Combo Into Triple Elbow Dash Mixup Into Throw.

5. Slide Whiff Mixup Into Corner Combo Into Throw.

6. X Ray Combo Into Invisibility Elbow Dash Mixup Into Throw.

Shout outs to:
THTB
Chris G
Tyler Lantern
Check
Muffin Muggers

(Slide Whiff Mixup Found By Muffin Muggers)
All of these setups look like they all need the opponent to duck block in order to work, how much have you tested these, because I'm pretty sure you can wake up out of a lot of this. (Not trying to be that guy, just trying to determine the validity)

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
All of these setups look like they all need the opponent to duck block in order to work, how much have you tested these, because I'm pretty sure you can wake up out of a lot of this. (Not trying to be that guy, just trying to determine the validity)
Very good video...nothing is 100% guaranted in MK9(Cyrax is another thing).....and all those work very good, cause of the speed your oponent has difficult time wakeing up and if they block the 32 you can cancel it into invicib. then 122 reset.......very good mind games........nice video again

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Very good video...nothing is 100% guaranted in MK9(Cyrax is another thing).....and all those work very good, cause of the speed your oponent has difficult time wakeing up and if they block the 32 you can cancel it into invicib. then 122 reset.......very good mind games........nice video again
I think you missed my point? Also why would you cancel 32 to Invis when acid hand is safer?

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
I think you missed my point? Also why would you cancel 32 to Invis when acid hand is safer?
Because of the push of the acid hand.....you are neutral after blocked AH and you can't preassure anymore..(i don't mean that is not an option...better to mix it slide AH and invi.) After 32 invi. you can still prassure them(you can be poked out, but you will not eat any combo) it is not risky ,but you can get huge damage ........like after invis. 1,1,1,122 slide/AH/ball .......Don't you use it?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Because of the push of the acid hand.....you are neutral after blocked AH and you can't preassure anymore..(i don't mean that is not an option...better to mix it slide AH and invi.) After 32 invi. you can still prassure them(you can be poked out, but you will not eat any combo) it is not risky ,but you can get huge damage ........like after invis. 1,1,1,122 slide/AH/ball .......Don't you use it?
AH doesn't leave you neutral. Your at enough advantage to do an inescapable elbow dash/ex elbow dash which sets up more pressure. No I don't ever really use invis. I'm not saying it doesn't have its advantages, I just don't see those advantages making any huge difference in a match.

Sent from Gotham City via the Batcomputer

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I still think 32 invis is a gimmick and works much better online than offline. The invis is just a visual que telling you to press d+1 here.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I still think 32 invis is a gimmick and works much better online than offline. The invis is just a visual que telling you to press d+1 here.
lol at people who think invis is gimmick.. obviously everyone is doing 32invis..

ive mixed it up with just jip invis 321 with great success against some great players

also jip 1invis 321...

point is mix it up from 32invis.. that is getting obvious.

and all you have to do is land it once and it will fuck with peoples head and 321 dash will connect a lot more afterwards since they will expect a invis

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
lol at people who think invis is gimmick.. obviously everyone is doing 32invis..

ive mixed it up with just jip invis 321 with great success against some great players

also jip 1invis 321...

point is mix it up from 32invis.. that is getting obvious.

and all you have to do is land it once and it will fuck with peoples head and 321 dash will connect a lot more afterwards since they will expect a invis
I understand the point but anyone with good reactions will just stop your pressure once you try it. If you're playing online then it will work on the best players around.

I understand the point but anyone with good reactions will just stop your pressure once you try it. If you're playing online then it will work on the best players around.
If you mix things up (key words mix things up) it can actually be a pretty good tool. It actually has a really fast recovery so you can continue into more pressure pretty quickly and if you do a good job you can get them to react, but to react late, which is the key, you kind of want a LATE reaction so you can get in a full combo.

Don't get me wrong I understand what you're saying but it's not something to entirely throw away.

DAMNN! YOU COREOGRAPHED MY MIX UPS IN HERE IN A BEAUTIFUL NICE, i LOVE IT,! Your best pal: Muffin Muggers.. and lets work on some more mix ups together, this weekend.!