What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile Bottom 5

Bottom 5 Yeees?

• Yes

Votes: 135 39.0%
  • NO

Votes: 211 61.0%

• Total voters
I'm almost sure you don't think he's bad cause he's the ONLY character you put time into.
That is actually quite accurate. I have made that mistake in other games before, mistaking a low tier as a high/top tier as a result of ONLY playing that character.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
What would be the drawback of anything u asked for? You want his klaw to be overhead..AND safe. Is that not a free special he can do at the end of his strings? Wouldnt it be honest to ask for it to be an overhead..while keeping the punish frames on it he has as of right now?
You honestly think a move that does barely any damage on hit ie b3 claw 10% is broken? His ex should still be full combo punishable.

Also he was not designed to be this way. Maybe this is why I'm more frustrated than anything. Watch the original breakdown of reptile. Klaw was an overhead it was also safe in testing. He used to be able to stop forceballs instantly with meter instead of having to wait to recover. Amongst testers he was considered top 10 and then he got nerfed after the last tester session.

You can watch Arturos breakdown video of reptile where he's showing reptile specials and says something along the line of "klaw replaces acid hand as an overhead...ohh I'm okay it's a mid now umm okay" lol

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Wonderchef was a top Reptile and he thought Reptile lost to Sonya, Cage, Lao, Freddy, Cyrax, etc. There is audio footage of this.

I was also talking about the community as a whole, not a select few.

Also...isn't your statement of people who defend Reptile simply do not lab or understand the character a direct slap to THTB, who came into this very thread and said that Reptile was good?

Hmm. Seems awkward.
Lol again you're talkingr about things you have no idea about. It's true he did lose to those chaeacters.

Also I like thtb but he is not law and final opinion off when it comes to reptile

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Another big problem with reptile is that he supposedly strives on strong oki but in able to set up that game wjth f12 1+2 he has to give up about 4% damage making mb combos due a measly 26%

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
Btw chris G got top 8 at NWM 7 as reptile, so this character is far from fucking bottom 5.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
literally every single reptile main who is good agrees he is bad or lackluster (except thtb).. Chris g and Sabin both dropped him.

The only people that say he is top are those who don't actually main him.. Lol.. I don't even care about buffs because he is still kind of viable but peiple need to keep their opinions to themselves if they have no idea how the character works

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
literally every single reptile main who is good agrees he is bad or lackluster (except thtb).. Chris g and Sabin both dropped him.

The only people that say he is top are those who don't actually main him.. Lol.. I don't even care about buffs because he is still kind of viable but peiple need to keep their opinions to themselves if they have no idea how the character works
Let people voice their misinformed opinions. It'll feel better when they learn harsh, truthful facts

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Every character in this game is totally and completely viable, and only a few characters need changes.

That being said, I find it hard to place any 3 characters below Reptile on the tier list. He's a solid character, but all of variations just play exactly the same. Like noxious is a variation designed for chip damage, but reptile has no frame traps or safe special moves. It just seems like he was made as an afterthought for this game and I don't see why someone would wanna play him over a strong mixup(erron), damage(Johnny cage), zoning(Kenshi), or pressure(Liu kang) character considering how he doesn't excel in any of these categories.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
forceballs need to not have complete garbage recovery and i should be able to freeze them during the recovery of the forceball because all the other characters that can freeze their forceballs have the ability to do that, for no meter. BOOM. those two changes would fix reptile. He has a multitude of tools but excels at none of them. give him good forceballs, up his zoning by making forceballs usable while your opponent is standing

I honestly tried to convince myself that reptile was top 10 material during the early weeks of this game and i really believed that. but i have now realized that reptile is lacking and its a very solid argument that hes a contender for the worst character

oh yeah and reptile is horrible against pressure characters due to his slow moves. and we all know pressure characters are usually, if not, the best characters in the game and reptile has a horrible time against them

Last edited:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Another big problem with reptile is that he supposedly strives on strong oki but in able to set up that game wjth f12 1+2 he has to give up about 4% damage making mb combos due a measly 26%
And it's not like he needs the HKD to set-up his oki lol. A Slide ender does just as well as F21 1+3 or the HORRENDOUS 14 ender that some glorify.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Btw chris G got top 8 at NWM 7 as reptile, so this character is far from fucking bottom 5.
Lack of MU knowledge can also be a factor. Not taking anything away from Chris G because he's a talent individual, but how many people play reptile? How many people know all his gimmicks and flaws and can properly play against him? Exactly.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Damn you guys are good, better than the Kitana downplayers. I'm almost convinced, all I need is to hear it from cossner himself to get my blessing.
Cossner quit Reptile long ago lmfao. We had a long discussion on Reptile on his profile page. I was actually arguing that Reptile is good and he says that he isn't.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
And it's not like he needs the HKD to set-up his oki lol. A Slide ender does just as well as F21 1+3 or the HORRENDOUS 14 ender that some glorify.
His oki with slide is not nearly as good as with the grab hkn. The opponent has many more options.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
What have i said that isn't true in the quoted post? If you agree that he lost to those characters, then i haven't said anything untrue at all?

If you don't believe that Chef said those matches were bad, go back and listen to his KTP episode.

I don't arbitrarily make shit up and pass it off as fact. You know, it's funny, as soon as i broke down the recovery frames and full duration of Kano's b1 and showed that it was considerably less than Johnny Cage's MK9 F3 in both recovery and duration, you went on to shut your fucking trap?

Fascinating. Could you do that again?

Or instead of lording over forums with negativity, how about you show us some footage of how good you are, since you won't shut up about it?

Or contribute something remotely positive to any forum you post in besides shitting on their characters?

Probably not, on all counts, though.
You're so dumb. Comparing the recovery of jc f3 to kanos is completely useless. Do you know why!?? Because they're completely different games! Mk9 did not have anyyy of the 50/50 bull this game has so stagger pressure was actually much more useful than it is in this game. You can now go crawl under the rock you came from. You keep on showing you do not have a deep understating of how nrs fighting games work

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
His oki with slide is not nearly as good as with the grab hkn. The opponent has many more options.
There's nothing to set-up in the advantage that he's given. The advantages of F21 1+3 IMO is the ability to corpse carry or corpse hop for cross-up shenanigans/side-switching.

Slide gives enough advantage to set up offense even if they techroll and gets maximum damage in combos.