Bottom 5 Yeees?

• Yes

Votes: 135 39.0%
  • NO

Votes: 211 61.0%

• Total voters

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
This is pathetic. So glad I dropped him. Feel bad for anyone still maining this character. With all the giro and kitana buffs, you are now looking at the official worst character of mkx

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I don't have the game in front of me atm.

If memory serves, Reptile has a few + strings, right? Were those the ones whose damage was increased?

Did anyone try the 34 Forceball thing PPJ mentioned?

qspec

Noob
@Rude

Here's the frame data of each changed combo:

Slink (121): -6
Deadly Venom (14): -2
Shedding Skin (34D4): -14
Sneaky Snake (B1D4): now +27 with a cancel window of 45 (is that right?!?)
Toxic (F3B4): -12

Edit: Frame data* not Frame damage

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Probably the only buff he actually needed, everything else were luxury buffs™. Going to wait on Chris G results, stay positive.
Lmao, Chris dropped Reptile...

@Rude, just 141 got a slight damage buff and is already + on block (allegedly). Not really game changing, tbh.

Some of the changes give him new combos. The hitbox fixes seem to apply to forceball and 21. 21 hits at really late points in corner juggles now. Forceballs hit off of 34 now (unless that was already possible).

He lost some Nimble damage (literally just 2-3% on all but already-active b2 combos, which now get 49%), but his overall damage is better without meter.

Doesn't make sense why he didn't get anything else, though. I mean, yeah, he needed better damage, but the only things I've found combo-wise come off of punishers. He needs meterless options. Just give his variations buffs to the meterless specials. As it stands, everyone's getting pushed above him and whatnot. He may be the worst now (though I still doubt it, given that we don't really know matchups yet).

is ex puddle worth the bar. I rarely see reptile players, but even rarer is one of them using puddle. Is it because the majority of rep players player prefer his other two variations over noxious?

huh

Noob
Sneaky Snake (B1D4): now +27 with a cancel window of 45 (is that right?!?)
Actually, the cancel is still +25. What they meant is that now the advantage on hit is up 20 frames, which makes the cancel advantage on hit also better. The math:

On hit you are now +27. If you cancel with a special, it comes out 25 frames into the move. Since the move has 39 total frames (sum startup, active and recover), it gives you a cancel advantage of 39-25 = 14 frames, which adds to your hit advantage totaling +41

That's why you can now combo with a forceball that has a startup of 33 + some frames while the ball is in the air before it hits.

On block, the move is still -7, and if you cancel it you are at +7 (14 -7)

Last edited:

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
*Reptile buffs arrive
*Still not as good as Erron Black, Scorpion, Sonya , TG Raiden

LolBuffs

JDM

Noob
Lmao, Chris dropped Reptile...

@Rude, just 141 got a slight damage buff and is already + on block (allegedly). Not really game changing, tbh.

Some of the changes give him new combos. The hitbox fixes seem to apply to forceball and 21. 21 hits at really late points in corner juggles now. Forceballs hit off of 34 now (unless that was already possible).

He lost some Nimble damage (literally just 2-3% on all but already-active b2 combos, which now get 49%), but his overall damage is better without meter.

Doesn't make sense why he didn't get anything else, though. I mean, yeah, he needed better damage, but the only things I've found combo-wise come off of punishers. He needs meterless options. Just give his variations buffs to the meterless specials. As it stands, everyone's getting pushed above him and whatnot. He may be the worst now (though I still doubt it, given that we don't really know matchups yet).
I thought you said reptile was fine a few weeks ago :3333333

But yeah he's easily the worst in the game now, let's be real. His damage buffs on useless strings didn't change him. His d3 being faster was a good start, but they could literally take away all the other buffs and it wouldn't even change anything

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
I thought you said reptile was fine a few weeks ago :3333333

But yeah he's easily the worst in the game now, let's be real. His damage buffs on useless strings didn't change him. His d3 being faster was a good start, but they could literally take away all the other buffs and it wouldn't even change anything
What buffs did he get? I played Reptile the first week mkx came out and dropped him, as i lost a tournament game against an uppercut,minion mix scorpion

//edit nvm just read that a patch came out :D

Last edited:

Bobbyxton_

It's Official
there's really no reptile mains left..
Still here man.

And d3 being 7f is a dream. I was content with Reptile the way he was, but now with a faster poke and (a not necessarily needed) damage buff, he's going to be finishing rounds at an absolutely ridiculous speed.

Israel

Noob
I waited a long time for this patch.... this is it? A d3 & a different way to do a combo?

Turning the game off and going back to sleep.... :coffee:

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
After toying with him with @G4S J360 for like 2 hours in training mode last night here is what we discovered.

Pros
Forceball/NJP combos are back!
34>fb>sb>uppercut> run > f412 slide is the new meterless swag of 34%
b1d4 also combos into reg fb for around 30 or 31%
f412 > dash > NJP > f41 >f412 slide is 34% meterless although super strict.
New EX nimble combo mid screen is 34>fb> late NJP EX nimble > b34 > f41 > f412 > slide I believe was 39-40%? Can't remember. I'm sure this can be done in the corner for more damage.
b2 combos buffed especially in the corner is a welcomed addition.

Its not just about the meterless combos here its about that they actually leave your opponent open for 50/50 in nimble as well.

34 reg Nimble is actually a legit setup, its spacing on hit allows you to counter anything your opponent will do which is huge. 34 EX nimble run in is a free 50/50. This also buffs Noxious because he gets a free string / grab setup when activating Noxious after 34/b1d4 as well. 121 on hit has similar buffs too.

b1d4 Is a big buff IMO. Now he has a low string hit that combos meterless for solid damage. It also has the same properties where a b1d4 ex nimble grants a 50/50 mixup or b1d4 noxious the same. His b1 has very good range as well so this might end up being his best punisher for some specials/strings.

7frame d3 is great.

Cons
Forceball still suck for zoning and EX fb is still full combo punishable....
Spit still does only 5% damage is -16 and doesn't have enough advantage on hit outside of Nimble.
No safe specials or buffs to meter building, granted we just got 2 new meterless starters so this one is kind of a wash?
Damage nerf to Nimble in the corner was pretty severe, his 49% combo now only does 43%.
No variation buffs and most of the damage buffs are mute outside of b2 because they have no combo ability so his highest damaging combo actually got nerfed, not buffed.

Overall Thoughts
These buffs help Reptile but I'm not sure its much to move him up the chart. His 7F d3 now lets him deal with fake fbc pressure he originally couldn't deal with but more importantly forces opponents to have to poke him instead of check him with strings which is huge imo and I'm excited to see how that plays out. Still might be the only character in the game without a safe / + special in the game, he solely relies on option selects which is well boring imo. Nimble and Deceptive still rely too heavily on meter and with the big damage nerf to Nimble I think this without a doubt makes Noxious his #1 variation. Is he still bottom 5? Probably but I can say for certain hes at least fun to play with forceball combos again which matters a lot to me.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Oh god..here we go...

I know d3 improvement seems like such a small thing in the grand scheme of things, but it actually helps reptile tremendously in matchups where he just got pressured for free

haketh

Noob
Going from 49% to 46% sucks but I don't think it's anywhere near enough to make Noxious better than Nimble personally.