What's new

Reptile blocked dash. Post patch

sLeeK

Noob
Good news everyone!!

Official Rep patch notes:

• Reptile whiffed Elbow Dash now builds slightly less meter.
Reptile is held slightly longer after knocking someone down with the Elbow Dash.
• A blocked Reptile Elbow Dash no longer pushes back.
• Reptile's Enhanced Slide (Slime Trail) now has armor on it.
• Reptile can no longer leave an invisible Forceball collision around.
I wouldn't call that good news -__- I understand everything, except whiffed elbow dash builds less meter/reptile is held slightly longer after knocking someone down with elbow dash

If reptile can't use his triple dash mix up(depending if the opponent plays dead etc.) there should be no reduction to building meter for a whiffed elbow dash. My head is about to pop. I have so many question's and no answers..

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I can deal with the reduced meter build and added recovery on elbow hit cuz of armor on EX slide lol.

sLeeK

Noob
I can deal with the reduced meter build and added recovery on elbow hit cuz of armor on EX slide lol.
Lol I agree with you, is there anyway you can test to see if his 3 dash mix up is still viable? It will be GREATLY appreciated. I am driving myself crazy not being able to test this patch :\

Lol I agree with you, is there anyway you can test to see if his 3 dash mix up is still viable? It will be GREATLY appreciated. I am driving myself crazy not being able to test this patch :\
I second this motion. Anyone at all with the patch care to shed some light on the question?

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
It still works, but the timing is a bit more strict. The opponent can do a wakeup attack earlier too because of the elbow dash delay, so you have to be a bit more careful.

sLeeK

Noob
Excellent... =D
Well sir I think you got what you wanted, so I don't want to see you screaming about reptile anymore :D .

I don't agree with everything* they did to reptile, but nonetheless I will not drop this character. I put way to much time and energy into him just to drop him because of a nerf.

Migaluch

Double Dasher
I'm no expert on the games technical stuff, but through online play I can see how helpful armor on ex slide is. Yeah, it's too bad about the nerfs but people shouldn't be complaining.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
So this renders Reptile's "constant dash" not possible/useless now correct with the increased recovery time after dashes?

Hey wonder what happens if Sub-Zero and Reptile both do their ex slides lmao...

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
So this renders Reptile's "constant dash" not possible/useless now correct with the increased recovery time after dashes?

Hey wonder what happens if Sub-Zero and Reptile both do their ex slides lmao...
Nothing they just trade hits but nothing happens. Like every armor move