What's new

Reptile Block String Conditioning

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Most Reptiles I play are easy to predict true. Nobody is taking the time to learn new strings or anything. The best thing you can do Is to be as random as possible in matches
I think this applies for every character online at this point.

And [MENTION=2157]UsedForGlue[/MENTION], now you're maining Cyrax? Out of control. lol. CSZ wants you back.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
[MENTION=8359]Zer0Hundr3d[/MENTION] [MENTION=8934]Temjiin[/MENTION] Both of ya stop complaining I beat you both combined >.<
Maaaaaan.What you saw was like 1/10th of what I could do. If your scrubby @ss finally get the Motaro kompatibility pack I'll show you who owns who.I found new tech with him.Uppercut resets ladies and gentlemen.

Maaaaaan.What you saw was like 1/10th of what I could do. If your scrubby @ss finally get the Motaro kompatibility pack I'll show you who owns who.I found new tech with him.Uppercut resets ladies and gentlemen.
Sorry. I think my Chom Chomp Hiss is somethin you can't handle ;)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm better than all of you guys, and I gotcha beat now by being mod so...

STFU

Jk... <3 you all.

I'm better than all of you guys, and I gotcha beat now by being mod so...

STFU

Jk... <3 you all.
*cough* THTB I thought we've sat and Discussed this. I'm so good that when I beat Curboliscious 10-4 He left the forever clan.. [MENTION=8934]Temjiin[/MENTION] WHAT YA GOT ON ME!? SON!? (btw the curbo story is true lools.)

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
hey foxy. i dont know why, but i feel that you and glue mentioned the same exact situation....hopefully i understood it correctly and thats what both of u meant in some of your sentences lol.

really foxy? so as a result, you will block low strings due to fuzzy guarding? and that it wont make u block low every time?

but at the same time man reptile stoped string and paused one in between, u will Chew reptile up?

-so between the option is mentioned you can punish reptile from all of them?
-yet you can fuzzy guard
3,1~ slide or acid hand
cr+1 or standing 1 ~ invis, slide acid hand
3,2,1~ finisher (whether slide acid hand or invis)
1,2,2 ~ ...etc
1,2~ ....etc
cr+4~ ...etc
and finall f+2

whether they are chained after JIP, or footsies, or in close pressure? will....GL fuzzy guarding his options that EASY and goodluck in chewnig up his multiple options at pressure because "he's too slow" ....(didnt get the staggered part)

>< ..
Slide will be blocked low easily by simply holding down, and the acid hand can be seen coming a mile off, and d4 acid hand really should not work on anyone, this is why reptile has become less effective as of late, his "rundown" (for the lack of a better word) game is nothing to be afraid of anymore, the opponent has no reason to crouch block, not even once.

So if the opponent has no reason to block low, what is he really going to do without using his meter for :en dashes that only grab chip if it isn't scouted afterwards?

This is why I an jarred with reptile right now.

Reptiles Invis after certain strings may not even leave him nuteral, and his jabs are not of a fast enough frame to beat out the likes of, cage, Sonya, cyber, Sektor after the invisibility. Sso what are you going to do if you think the opponent scouts it, dash? After a block string...no way.

Reptile players might rape randomly online, but I think now, in mk competitively currently, he will struggle against good players.

So my personal thing with reptile against good players, is finishing combos with :en Spit, to push certain charters full screen to start his long distance game, (cage, sub, ermac, etc) which is easily his strength, or using :en Invisibility after combos to actually work a different aspect of play, mainly to bait (scorpion, kung, raiden, smoke, nightwolf etc) and grabbing reverse throws at any chance possible. Reptile players need to change up this old hat thing, or they will suffer massively.

It's my observation, take it or leave it folks. :)

UsedForGlue

[MENTION][/MENTION]
122 invis is only -1 on block??? LOL WHAT
Even if it was, you would be dropping an acid hand for invisibility, that if scouted by the opponent (with a 10 frame jab or less) will knock reptile out of invisibility on block, making the effort worthless. Also that would mean, to not get punished, you would have to do your block string (with the intention of deception) and then block...

Not worth it, 122 invisibility on block is rubbish. I wish it wasn't...

UsedForGlue

The best thing you can do Is to be as random as possible in matches
Like I touched on in all my previous posts:

What has the opponent got to fear, even of you were to "be as random as possible"?

Its seems everyone who has replied so far has got the point of my initial post except you. It doesn't stop the fact that reptiles up close game is rubbish against opponents who don't block low.

And "dashing loads" after a combo won't change anything. That's your own risk as the reptile player.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
12b1 into charged forceball is nice. Because although the advantage is slight the usual reaction is to jump out as it is on most of Reptiles strings setups. Or 12b1 into 4 acid hand. Once you've conditioned the opponent to stop jumping is where 12b1 can be more effective.

12b1 is at perfect distance for d4 (finisher of choice)

12b1 into ex dash for more pressure of choice.

Then once they get scared of that you could JIP into string.

124 has to have a purpose that is undiscovered.

THTB

Since Somberness released Reptile's complete FD, it's revealed that 124 has the startup on the 4 as with 122's second 2. But there's pushback on 124, and is even, which can set up some cooky stuff, like abusing the pushback to squeeze out extra block advantage due to distance.

RapZiLLa54

Since Somberness released Reptile's complete FD, it's revealed that 124 has the startup on the 4 as with 122's second 2. But there's pushback on 124, and is even, which can set up some cooky stuff, like abusing the pushback to squeeze out extra block advantage due to distance.
Safe low launcher with a ex ball behind you. Have you tried my reset yet in the "new reptile tech???" Thread

THTB

It's a good tactic to randomly stick in there, for sure.

Red Son

Noob
I don't use Deadly Venom because the first hit can be ducked. Instead of just 3,2,1 acid hand, I like to do 3,2 invisibility and then start all over again 3,2,1 acid hand. When the opponent is conditioned to that string I go back to 3,2,1 acid hand or I make it last longer, with 3,2 invisibility 3,2 invisibility again and the 3,2,1 acid hand. In the most part of the time it works. try to jip do :fp and begin your string with 3,2,1...I noticed that ChrisG do that a lot.

RapZiLLa54

I've been using 12b1 and 12slide to set up the "Chris G" combo and man its been working nicely. People are so conditioned these days to never block low vs Reptile that the b1 catches them and you're at +3. Which gives you a nice array of options like EX dash, back dash slow ball, dash up throw, d4 into X, NJP if expecting a jump out or back dash 2 forceball.

I used to think this string was worthless outside of the corner but I'm having second thoughts.