What's new

REPTILE BEST METER COMBOS

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Just incase people miss these videos in the reptile combo thread, here they are again.

These are his best meter combos.

These are 48% and 50% full meter combos, that do not require a NJP after elbow dash during the juggle, but do require the NJP after the EXSBall, they are the easier high damage combos for reptile.

The first combo uses the Damage Boost Invisibility, I will explain since you can't see it,
JIP, 32 EXSBall, NJP, 32 EXAcidHand, 321 Slide.

You can see the 50% Combo.

This video is using NJP during combos after elbow dashes.

The first combo requires two bars of meter for 47%.

The 2nd combo is a simple one bar bread and butter combo for 42%, the 3rd combo is the exact same but has the damage boost scaling for 46%

The last combo is his most damaging X-Ray combo possible, his X-Ray still majorly scales in juggles, so I recommend using his X-Ray as a counter projectile threat instead of this, but if your looking for a high damage X-Ray, then at least you can do this one.

Hold up during the dash and don't mash the pad, just try one single 2 or 1 hit as soon as you see the jump. I have a 8/10 offline success rate, and almost 10/10 online with the NJP.

this combo that ive posted numerous times should really be the only combo with 1 meter you should be using -->j.p 32exffb n.p 32 sfb 321slide - 43% (only 3% more though for 1 meter isn't good)

reptile shouldnt use meter for his combos though. he can get 37% (no j.p) with no meter. His best use of meter in combos should only be one bar. The exinvincibility is unnessecary and too some new players is looks cool so they will try it online and get knocked out of the invincibility pretty easily. You should use a slow forceball at the end instead of slides to continue pressure. The slide is pretty much a useless combo ender (gets scaled down to about 1%) unless you KNOW it will kill your opponent. Otherwise use the slowforceball, if anything youll get 4-6% (or more sometimes) off of the chip damage alone. Exdash is great when your in the corner (on wake up also in the corner) and can be combod into, Exsfb should be used also. If your using meter in reptiles combos it should be at the end of the match when you need 4% more damage to make sure it will kill the opponent. No need to waste 2 bars of meter on 1 combo just because it looks flashy.

If you do use exinvincibility and happen to face a scrub who cant tell where your at based on the screen zooming in and out then combo them then its pretty situational and should only be used at mid level play. High caliber players would tear this stuff apart lol

just giving you my .02 cents and some practical input.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yeah, Reptile never needs meter for combos. He uses it for EX SFB pressure mostly, but also will use it on occasion for EX slide on wakeup to keep some keepaway characters from going back to zoning once they knock him down.

UsedForGlue

Yeah, Reptile never needs meter for combos. He uses it for EX SFB pressure mostly, but also will use it on occasion for EX slide on wakeup to keep some keepaway characters from going back to zoning once they knock him down.
Yea, I don't recommend burning the whole meter just to get combo damage, you will always make up your damage through out the fight without it.

Your reptile is a beast by the way man, I've been up to date with all your fights over youtube so far, thats where I got nearly all my reptile ideas from.

UsedForGlue

this combo that ive posted numerous times should really be the only combo with 1 meter you should be using -->j.p 32exffb n.p 32 sfb 321slide - 43% (only 3% more though for 1 meter isn't good)

reptile shouldnt use meter for his combos though. he can get 37% (no j.p) with no meter. His best use of meter in combos should only be one bar. The exinvincibility is unnessecary and too some new players is looks cool so they will try it online and get knocked out of the invincibility pretty easily. You should use a slow forceball at the end instead of slides to continue pressure. The slide is pretty much a useless combo ender (gets scaled down to about 1%) unless you KNOW it will kill your opponent. Otherwise use the slowforceball, if anything youll get 4-6% (or more sometimes) off of the chip damage alone. Exdash is great when your in the corner (on wake up also in the corner) and can be combod into, Exsfb should be used also. If your using meter in reptiles combos it should be at the end of the match when you need 4% more damage to make sure it will kill the opponent. No need to waste 2 bars of meter on 1 combo just because it looks flashy.

If you do use exinvincibility and happen to face a scrub who cant tell where your at based on the screen zooming in and out then combo them then its pretty situational and should only be used at mid level play. High caliber players would tear this stuff apart lol

just giving you my .02 cents and some practical input.
I agree with all that, that goes without saying. But these combos are just for damage & exhibition. And yes, the EX Slow ball is great after 321 to add pressure, but it all has its place, just like these combos.

I would not say that the EX Stealth is useless. I have taken 50-60% by using it at the end of a 321 string and quickly dashing and jumping over, taking mad chip and hammering into my opponent. I would say the regular stealth is pretty useless. Its a visual effect, and doesn't do allot to effect his gameplay.

im pretty sure if your on tym you can read inputs..and if you have to look at a controller to do a combo you shouldnt be doing the combos anyways...

also sense your posting this on tym alot of players will rip this stuff apart since they are smart combos, sure they look flashy but people are looking to win matches without trying to look 'flashy'

for your second combo you dont need to waste an ex on a forceball for that combo..

and the third one can be 37% no meter..so 8% for 3 meters is horrible.

everyone knows these combos man. They are not meter efficient :/ is all it boils down too.

otherwise. cool videos!

I say in the videos that the non necessity EX is just for more damge. How is it flashy? They are standard combos.
these arent the standard lol.

37% no meter is the standard.

reptile doesnt need meter in his combos man

he only cranks out about 3-4% per meter for combos which is pretty much a waste of an ex move or part of a breaker.

*for instance, that last combo used 2 uneccessary ex forceballs. and very uneccessary exslide..
that last combo can be 37% no meter..why waste 3 meters for 8%? 2 of those meters could be used for a breaker if your fighting against someone decent who can do combos. I would rather break out of a possible 40% combo then add a measly 8% on to one of mine. its still all about meter efficiency and these combos are meter efficient at all.

The yellow bar on the bottom matters more then the green bar on top! always remember that while playing MK9

(the only reason im saying this is because alot of new players will pick up reptile because of these videos and get murdered just because a combo looked cool and wastes all their meter. These videos arent bad at all, they are actually put together really nicely, i just think they are misleading to alot of inexperienced players who should be conserving their meter better)

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
EX slow forceball and EX invis are Reptile's best uses of meter.

The only combo I feel worth doing online, due to the awful input delay, and making NJP so friggin' difficult to pull off is:
321 elbow dash EX fast FB 32 slow FB 321 slide - 38% - 42% with EX invis.

Online is piss, but what can ya do? I don't even bother using the 321 elbow dash NJP string online, which pisses me off, because it's a fun meterless bnb with high damage but the input delay on the NJP pisses me off to no end. Every time I miss a NJP online I want to throw my controller across the room.

these arent the standard lol.

37% no meter is the standard.

reptile doesnt need meter in his combos man

he only cranks out about 3-4% per meter for combos which is pretty much a waste of an ex move or part of a breaker.

*for instance, that last combo used 2 uneccessary ex forceballs. and very uneccessary exslide..
that last combo can be 37% no meter..why waste 3 meters for 8%? 2 of those meters could be used for a breaker if your fighting against someone decent who can do combos. I would rather break out of a possible 40% combo then add a measly 8% on to one of mine. its still all about meter efficiency and these combos are meter efficient at all.

The yellow bar on the bottom matters more then the green bar on top! always remember that while playing MK9

(the only reason im saying this is because alot of new players will pick up reptile because of these videos and get murdered just because a combo looked cool and wastes all their meter. These videos arent bad at all, they are actually put together really nicely, i just think they are misleading to alot of inexperienced players who should be conserving their meter better)
I specify in the video that its not needed. The point of the video is for max damage potential. If I were to show combos useful for online it would be his high n mid mixup into these combos, not his high high high. I realize its not smart to waste ex, but showing beginners what they have to work with.

sLeeK

Noob
EX slow forceball and EX invis are Reptile's best uses of meter.

The only combo I feel worth doing online, due to the awful input delay, and making NJP so friggin' difficult to pull off is:
321 elbow dash EX fast FB 32 slow FB 321 slide - 38% - 42% with EX invis.

Online is piss, but what can ya do? I don't even bother using the 321 elbow dash NJP string online, which pisses me off, because it's a fun meterless bnb with high damage but the input delay on the NJP pisses me off to no end. Every time I miss a NJP online I want to throw my controller across the room.
Pretty sure everyone and their mother knows you dislike mk online lol.... and I'll disagree with you and say again I have little to NO LAG WHAT SO EVER ONLINE(ever since the netcode fix) IT IS EITHER YOUR INTERNET/YOUR OPPONENTS INTERNET OR YOUR PLAYING PEOPLE ACROSS THE GLOBE PERIOD I use the njp bnb nearly EVERY MATCH.

Majority of your posts are either irrelevant or negative. If you dislike this game that much stop playing or change your attitude because I am sure I am not the only one who is tired of seeing your negative comments.

Pretty sure everyone and their mother knows you dislike mk online lol.... and I'll disagree with you and say again I have little to NO LAG WHAT SO EVER ONLINE(ever since the netcode fix) IT IS EITHER YOUR INTERNET/YOUR OPPONENTS INTERNET OR YOUR PLAYING PEOPLE ACROSS THE GLOBE PERIOD I use the njp bnb nearly EVERY MATCH.

Majority of your posts are either irrelevant or negative. If you dislike this game that much stop playing or change your attitude because I am sure I am not the only one who is tired of seeing your negative comments.
I agree I also don't have any major problems with lag, and if I do it is because I am playing on the X-box in the basement.

My favorite reptile combo is 1,2,2,SB,3,2, FB,3,2,1,slide
Next is 1,2,2,1.ShoulderDash,3,2,SB,3,2.FB,3,2,1,slide (Not very reliable)
And I spam 3,2,SB,32,FB,3,2,1,slide to keep pressure on.

Be wary with reptile I get allott of hate in King of the hill, and people give me low scores haha because they can't beat reptile lol.

You know you have heard it all when your told "you block to much" haha or how many times did he use acid spit that round 10.
Sorry I didn't get the memo that you was only allowed to use your specials X amount of times LMAO. Sorry a little off topic there, I apoligize. Anyways Reptile Rocks.. Gamertag gtucker1219 hit me up....

BTW I never use any EX meter in Reptile combos, I save them for EX slide, EX shoulder dash, EX acid spit to keep them on their toes.

sLeeK

Noob
I agree I also don't have any major problems with lag, and if I do it is because I am playing on the X-box in the basement.

My favorite reptile combo is 1,2,2,SB,3,2, FB,3,2,1,slide
Next is 1,2,2,1.ShoulderDash,3,2,SB,3,2.FB,3,2,1,slide (Not very reliable)
And I spam 3,2,SB,32,FB,3,2,1,slide to keep pressure on.

Be wary with reptile I get allott of hate in King of the hill, and people give me low scores haha because they can't beat reptile lol.

You know you have heard it all when your told "you block to much" haha or how many times did he use acid spit that round 10.
Sorry I didn't get the memo that you was only allowed to use your specials X amount of times LMAO. Sorry a little off topic there, I apoligize. Anyways Reptile Rocks.. Gamertag gtucker1219 hit me up....

BTW I never use any EX meter in Reptile combos, I save them for EX slide, EX shoulder dash, EX acid spit to keep them on their toes.
Yeah I normally use his 321 elbow dash, NJP bnb and 122 ffb 32 sfb 321 slide bnb and use variations of those those combos.

"Be wary with reptile I get allott of hate in King of the hill, and people give me low scores haha because they can't beat reptile lol.
Sorry I didn't get the memo that you was only allowed to use your specials X amount of times LMAO."

I agree with you 110% LOL... I only get high scores if I'm in a koth with good/respectable players, but if their scrubs I will get nothing, but low scores.

Just tonight I beat a guy in a set of 3 who was 200 wins+ and after the match he spams the chat calling me a spamming pussy? Those types of online players that play this game is ridiculous and should go back to playing ms. pacman.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I use mainly EX invisibility on levels where your shadow is easily seen. The EX invisibility removes your shadow from the ground. Thats the real benefit ( in my opinion.) The damage boost is nice but that is just an added bonus. Being completly invisible makes it much harder to guess between a slide or overhead attack. I mainly end my combos with 3,2,1, EX Acid stream just to prevent them from doing a wake up attack. Example: Johnny cage's EX shadow kick, and Raiden's EX electric fly in my opinion are worth using the EX Acid Stream to prevent those characters from using their powerful wake up attacks.

However, to stay on topic my largest combo with meter for reptile is:
Jump in combo punch-3,2,EX Fast forceball-neutral jump punch-3,2,EX Reptilian hand-dash-3,2, EX slow forceball-dash-3,2,1,slide: 51%