What's new

Tech - Reptile Reptile anti-wake ups (i don't know if posted yet)

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
So when using reptile if you end a combo with his F2-1-1+3 string I don't know if that's completely right will recheck but if you use it at the end of your combos it will end with a hard knock down and you can use his B3 into any special best to me would be his Klaw slash with this you will go through wake ups and get full combo's into 50/50's. I tested it against kung jin and some of the best wake ups i seen people talk about and with practice it went through the wake ups every time into a full combo punish hope this actually helps reptile players. thanks for reading and if any comments feel free to let me know anything and I'm open to hear any more tech.

Careful, some attacks have multiple hits of armor like Goro's Fist Flurry or X-Ray attacks. It is also worth noting that all of Reptile's specials are unsafe on block. I've had a lot of success with B3,4 against armored attacks with slow start up frames (on block, it is only -7).

shad0ki11er 27

yeah I had success also but I do see what you mean and I think goro is one character I yet get to test it against but I will today and I'm glad I am not the only one who uses the B3,4 but also do you use the whole B3,4 move to try and beat there wake ups?

It depends on who I'm fighting. Against someone like Kano, if I notice they are using the laser eye for wake up, the B3 part of the B3,4 combo will go under the attack entirely. I've beaten out D'vorah's wake up attacks a lot using B3,4. I try not to use it on someone like Sub Zero's wake up though since his armored slide comes out so fast.

Overall, its a great attack because it does 16% damage, low profile on the first part of the hit, 2nd and 3rd hits come out fast so they can beat out armor sometimes if timed correctly, the 2nd and 3rd parts cover a lot of vertical space so jumping opponents often get caught, and its only -7 on block so only a select few characters can actually punish it. I prefer B3,4 over B3 ~ EX Klaw Slash on the opponent's wake up since it is still *relatively* safe if they block it.

shad0ki11er 27

I got you and yeah i might change up how i use this tech then and try it without the EX Klaw slash then sense B3,4 and thanks for the extra help and all hopefully this helps out other reptiles also

Whiff dash over the downed opponent and have them guess whether its a b3 or b2.. I also like to cross jump back over them and sometimes go for a throw to keep them on they toes

shad0ki11er 27

Whiff dash over the downed opponent and have them guess whether its a b3 or b2.. I also like to cross jump back over them and sometimes go for a throw to keep them on they toes
I always use this just for me I try to get some free slides if they are low on health and not many people block the slide after the whiff run through