What's new

Tech - Reptile Reptile (all) safe combos/resets, and armor wake up breakers by DOOMZDAYTiME

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL

in my combos your acid ball ender is very safe as you can see even SZ ex slide is blocked, it's mean you can use ur specific variation tricks after this acid ball.
Armor wake up breaker work agains 95% of armor attacks

IGNORE after 1:08

Leave comments

Actually, your acid ball ender is not safe but it is very difficult to punish. If the opponent tech rolls, they can actually perform their wake up attack sooner and punish you before the recovery of your acid ball ends (Sub Zero in particularly can just use a regular slide, no meter required).

You can see this for yourself if you set the computer to roll and then do wake up attack. Some characters (like Sonya) can't punish this even with the roll though. (I have a word document with all the characters that can and can't punish)

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Actually, your acid ball ender is not safe but it is very difficult to punish. If the opponent tech rolls, they can actually perform their wake up attack sooner and punish you before the recovery of your acid ball ends (Sub Zero in particularly can just use a regular slide, no meter required).

You can see this for yourself if you set the computer to roll and then do wake up attack. Some characters (like Sonya) can't punish this even with the roll though. (I have a word document with all the characters that can and can't punish)
That's why I have been telling everyone that his f21-1+3 is his best ender because it does good damage and prevents the roll tech. But I guess nobody listens to me :(

That's why I have been telling everyone that his f21-1+3 is his best ender because it does good damage and prevents the roll tech. But I guess nobody listens to me :(
I definitely enjoy his hard knockdown into mix ups myself.

One thing I've been experimenting with though is F4,1,2 ~ Reptilian Dash (whiffs), F4,1 ~ force ball. Against some characters, this is unsafe but I have a list that can't punish this at all. For the characters that can punish it, you can mix up with either EX force ball, use your trait if you have noxious or deception (EX nimble is fine too, but you can't block), or EX Acid Spit. The only character that can punish EX Force Ball is Takeda in Ronin variation assuming he has his sword placed under you and he uses it as a wake up attack after tech rolling (which is extremely unlikely). If you occasionally use those other attacks, the opponent will have a hard time reacting to what you are doing, tech rolling, then doing a wake up attack at the same time.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

Pretty sure that f21 ~ ex ball is a hard knockdown.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
No, I know for a fact that it is a soft knockdown. The opponent can tech roll.

F2,1,1+2 is a hard knockdown, but you won't be able to get a force ball out in time afterwards.
No it's not. Just live-tested
I must've messed up my settings when testing knockdown setups yesterday. I guess I'm mistaken. My b bro's. Either way you can still end in 14 and get the hard knockdown. The setups are still useful.

1,4 is a hard knockdown, but if you throw a force ball out afterwards then you'll be punished.

Overall, I can't think of a situation where 2,1,1+2 doesn't just completely outclass 1,4.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
1,4 is a hard knockdown, but if you throw a force ball out afterwards then you'll be punished.

Overall, I can't think of a situation where 2,1,1+2 doesn't just completely outclass 1,4.
You guys are looking a little too deeply into this honestly guys. Aside from advancing armor moves and teleports, punishing a lot of fb setups still isnt worth what you are risking for it a lot of the time. People will eat the mixup more imes than not because the opportunity cost of punishing fb's for minimal damage is too high, ESPECIALLY when all you have to do is mb the fb to make it safe. (that's off of f412 not really any of the others) Don't get me wrong, most times I'm ending combos in f21 1+3, and i agree it is the optimal combo ender. Also, because I like to have the hard knockdown and the opponent right in front of me. Setting up fb's is still a solid way to keep pressure going this game though. Just because it can be punished in ce r tain scenarios doesn't mean it should be completely overlooked. I end a lot of my combos in f412 ~ ball/ex ball for the fact that it can set up a guaranteed way for me to get back in and mixup without having to worry about the opponent hitting me out of everything. There are a lot of characters who actually can't do anything about it, especially without meter.

Edit: I'd like to add that I really only feel that f412 into fb should be used, after testing the 14 and f21 not so sure they are useful tbh.

Last edited:
Seems to me like its one of those "use it until your opponent figures out what to do" type of deals.

So yeah, again, assuming no tech roll, do these setups work against raiden's wakeups?

Seems to me like its one of those "use it until your opponent figures out what to do" type of deals.

So yeah, again, assuming no tech roll, do these setups work against raiden's wakeups?
I agree with the first part of your post. I'll use it until I notice they know what to do in that situation.

Assuming no tech roll, nothing in the game can punish F4,1 ~ forceball set up or F2,1 ~ force ball set up (assuming opponent was already in the air). The opponent has to tech roll to punish.

Ironically, F4,1,2 ~ force ball is punishable if the opponent does NOT tech roll. Cancelling into EX force ball is safe though.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
WHY DOES NOONE TEST THEIR SETUPS AGAINST TECH ROLL?.. Don't want to come off as a jerk but it's annoying when people post their tech for the quick fame and don't bother to figure out if its foolproof or atleast explain its faults.. This is easily blown up by tech roll..

Force ball enders are actually still really good. You can make the opponent respect them and then go for a mix up once they block them (granting you decent frame advantage).

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
thx for your comments, yes against tech roll is unsafe, i just checked that 1,2,3 ender gives time to ball and slide wake up normally miss in this case.
anyway you can do what you want after F2,1,2+1 hard knockdown, like for example dash over opponent and then maybe even cross over.
against tech roll ex slide, F4,1,2 ender only ex ball is safe

and armor wake up breaker tech works for sure

Harkonis

Noob

I still prefer 2,1,1+2, but 1,4 does allow cancelling into ex-invis in deceptive

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
i think the best ender is reptile dash because you stick always your opponent and can switch sides with dash to surprise opponent and NJ or cross over after. Just try F4,1,2 dash,2,1, F4,1,2 dash. still good meterless damage and then if you dash early you will be behind of your opponent or if you dash late you will be in front of him. after that options you have :
NJ ; cross over, 50/50 ; or B+3, EX claw to break the wake up attack even the ex version and punish into a full combo like i show in 0:38 to 0:49

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
klaw does grant a longer knockdown but i didnt know you could tech roll out of it, interesting
Ya, claw swipe does a delayed knockdown...you can roll tech after a certain amount of time. In the corner it's not an issue because if they roll tech they eat a full combo. However, midscreen...I try to end as many combos as I can in 1,4 or f2,1-1+3.

Last edited:
Was messing around in training. The same wake up attacks that can punish F4,1,2 ~ Reptilian Dash (whiff), F4,1 ~ force ball also punish F4,1,2 ~ Reptilian Dash (whiff), F4,1,2 ~ force ball with the only difference is that for F4,1 ender you must roll while the F4,1,2 ender cannot be rolled if you want to punish. Essentially the F4,1 ender is good against people who don't know about the roll thing or can't do it consistently but you can also mix up the two options to check the opponent's reaction times (one must be rolled to punish, the other cannot be rolled or it won't punish at all).

Cancelling either into EX force ball, EX Acid Spit, Invisibility, or the Noxious thing cannot really be punished by anyone except an extremely specific situation involving Ronin Takeda (which nobody plays).