What's new

Video/Tutorial - Reptile Reptile 50/50 Reset Setup - Beating Armoured Wakeups

Uses two bars of meter so it is quite an expensive setup. Although since reptile normally needs a bar of meter to launch after a low combo starter, you essentially save a bar of meter thanks to the end of basilisk as you are able to combo b3 into a regular fast forceball. Also you can do other combos that you can't do outside of basilisk such as f412xxElbow Dash njp2. So if you are successful in getting the hit it can be thought of as using two bars for two combos.

Still not sure if the damage is worth the meter, but I'm almost certain you can get more damage in these combos. What do you think? Is it worth the meter? Regardless this was just an idea I want to get out there, just to show some stuff he can do whether it is worth it or not.

Also I only tested this on Reptile's wakeups, but since it beat out EX slide I feel confident that it will do well against the rest of the casts' wakeup options.

Initial Combo:
f412xxEX Fast Forceball Ex Basilisk f412xxElbodash 4xxSlow Forceball
Overhead Combo:
f412xxElbow Dash njp 21 f412xxslide
Low Combo:
f4xxslide f211+3

Edit: this setup does not cover tech rolls or delayed getup. This one does.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/reptile-corner-setup-and-mixup-looks-at-all-wakeup-options-and-getup-timings.50818/

Last edited:
Have you tried testing these with tech roll on?
Nope, tbh I completely forgot that tech roll was in these games. You can also delayed wakeup through this setup, but I'm not sure if that helps the opponent get out of the 50/50 as I think you can just go for it as they get up. Not entirely sure though. Just tested this on a few wakeups after tech roll and the outcomes differ on the wakeup. Like for reptile EX slide, you will get hit during the elbow dash but they will get hit by the slow forceball allowing you to combo with wakeup slide. This setup is still primitive and I always planned on expanding on it, but thanks for reminding me that I should end with sweep. I wonder if anything else causes a hard knockdown.

Can you post the inputs
Of Course

Initial Combo
f412xxEX Fast Forceball Ex Basilisk f412xxElbodash 4xxSlow Forceball

Although I still think more is possible with these combos, this is what I did in the video
Overhead Combo
f412xxElbow Dash njp 21 f412xxslide
Low Combo
f4xxslide f211+3

Tech roll
Yup. This is just an early version of this type of setup though. Future versions will incorporate a hard knockdown. So far the string 14 looks promising as it is the only string that causes a hard knockdown and is special cancel-able. Right now I just wanted to show how to beat some of the best armored wakeups.

Also I completely forgot about tech roll.

Was about to say TECH ROLLZ LULZ! Good setup, though, if they don't.
If you change the the 4xxSlow Forceball to 14xxSlowForceball It will cause a hard knockdown and when you elbow dash in, the combination of the forceball and elbow dash will trade with poor armor wakeups and lunch them. I haven't been playing with this setup too much anymore but after a bit of testing there are some characters like Ermac who have no wakeup/armor wakeup option out (besides Xray) but there a some char like Kung Lao who blow it up for free.

Landonio

n00b
Um, I'm kinda confused on the initial combo. That string can't cancel into any EX ball (at least for me). Only a normal ball. And that string nor EX ball won't cancel into EX Basilisk. What am I missing here?

Um, I'm kinda confused on the initial combo. That string can't cancel into any EX ball (at least for me). Only a normal ball. And that string nor EX ball won't cancel into EX Basilisk. What am I missing here?
The string, f412, is cancelable into any of his special or EX special moves. When you are inputting an EX special try pressing the block button before the number. So when inputting EX fast forceball try entering it as df block 3.

In mk you can't cancel specials into specials. For my combo I linked EX Fast Forceball into EX Basilisk then proceeded with the rest of the combo. But I wouldn't worry getting this combo down for now, this was just a primitive setup that showed how to deal with EX wakeup attacks. There are better combos and setups now that also use less meter.