What's new

Reptile 5/20/11 Patch Changes

U-Volt

Noob
Figured I'd go ahead and make the inevitable thread. Here's what I've found so far:

This bnb, the main one I use anyways, has gone from 48% damage down to 40%.

Adding XRay at the end used to net 56%, now it gives 47%.

Looks like they just changed the damage scaling a bit. The old bnb (122xxforceball 32xxforceball 321xxslide) still does 30% which if I'm not mistaken is only a 3% difference. So only large combos got the change, but due to the difference in damage, it's still worth it to use that BNB.

As far as other changes go....it's hard to tell, and I could just be looking for it, but it kind of seems like slide and elbow dash have a bit more recovery on block. I dunno how, but we need confirmation on that.

The floor is yours guys, find anything else, post it below. Overall, I'm not that bummed.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Dude Reptile got killed in the patch!

3, 2, 1 elbow dash njp, 3, 2, slow forceball, 3, 2, EX fast forceball, 3, 2, 1 EX slide

^ this went from 51% to 41%. I never hit this one online, but still 10%? DAMMMMMNNN!

And also

3, 2, 1 elbow dash, 3, 2, EXslow, 3, 2, fast, 3, 2, EXslide

went from doing 45% to 38%. I guess I gotta find new combos to do

EDIT: I just realized you basically had the same combos down without EX. But man that hurts!

CitizenSnips

The most frustrating thing about this, is that from what I have been reading, Raiden hasn't gotten nerfed.

Ermac barely got a damage nerf.

If Reptile is getting a damage nerf that is over 10% on some combos, then how does Ermac only get a slap on the wrist, and how come Raiden isn't getting nerfed at all?

Milk

Snake eyes
Damage boost is whatever on ex invis. I'll test the elbow dash and slide stuff, slide wasn't really safe on block anyways, so it's whatever. But that damage nerf on our bnb just...hurts to look at..:(

Usually good players breaker out of my long combos, so it's not like I'm going to drop Reptile or something, but man. Sad face...:( This was unwarranted, that much damage nerf is ouch...bringing it to like 40% would've been okay.

U-Volt

Noob
Damage boost is whatever on ex invis. I'll test the elbow dash and slide stuff, slide wasn't really safe on block anyways, so it's whatever. But that damage nerf on our bnb just...hurts to look at..:(

Usually good players breaker out of my long combos, so it's not like I'm going to drop Reptile or something, but man. Sad face...:( This was unwarranted, that much damage nerf is ouch...bringing it to like 40% would've been okay.
It's still 40% after a jump in :). But I feel you. I used to feel so good after seeing that 48%....

CitizenSnips

reptile has so many options he does not need a 48% combo.
raiden needs not nerf
The thing is that those combos that got nerfed were his hardest ones and I think his juggling ability is what makes him a threat to Raiden, Kung Lao and others.

Raiden's specials are really fast and his combos are damaging as well. If Reptile is getting a big damage nerf then something should happen to Raiden.

Apparently Ermac didn't get nerfed that badly.

It's like they nerfed Reptile to scale him down to his story mode abilities.....

CitizenSnips

Tom Brady just said on the stream that Reptile's damage was "ridiculous."

I don't really agree with such a big damage nerf, but oh well I guess I'll have to deal with it.

U-Volt

Noob

I don't really agree with such a big damage nerf, but oh well I guess I'll have to deal with it.
Im trying to look at this from an outside perspective, and I can see why his combo damage is nerfed. Reptile really does have a lot of tools, like Riu said, and couple that with the fact he could take away half of your life bar meterless is pretty nuts. Overall, I'm not that upset. Just KEEP it this way....

CitizenSnips

Im trying to look at this from an outside perspective, and I can see why his combo damage is nerfed. Reptile really does have a lot of tools, like Riu said, and couple that with the fact he could take away half of your life bar meterless is pretty nuts. Overall, I'm not that upset. Just KEEP it this way....
Which combo does 50%+ without meter? The 51% combo I do uses 2 meters.

Mickael

Noob
Also the ex invis don't give as much of a damage bouns

Which now makes the move pretty much useless... especially considering the invisibility is only temporary... which always sucked considering it required an EX to be truly invisible.

Raiden needs some nerfing. he probably pisses me off the most online... grr. :throwcomputer:

Mickael

Noob

And yet he said just last week when watching I think it was Floe using him, that it was funny to see him "do all this (combo) work, for such a small amount of damage" considering the work put into it.

Well after this I am definitely no longer playing MK9. Reptile was the only reason I keep playing this game and now that he is definitely mid-low tier I am gonna trade the thing. Maybe if they drastically fix the netcode ill buy it again soon.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Mid-low tier? Nooooo...lots of characters got damage reductions. Hell, Kung Lao got RAPED. His damage is just normal, like pretty much everyone else in the game. Is he mid-low tier? Nah, he's still top. Dash is still sick, forceball is still sick, everything is still sick. Just he hits like the rest of the cast.

Also, Ermac is good, but not top-tier good.

I knew the damage nerfs were coming across the board. They really aren't bad...the ONLY offender atm, is Cyrax cuz of his bomb trap and damage reset.

Zebster

How's my volume?
Well after this I am definitely no longer playing MK9. Reptile was the only reason I keep playing this game and now that he is definitely mid-low tier I am gonna trade the thing. Maybe if they drastically fix the netcode ill buy it again soon.
Overreaction. Reptile is nowhere near mid-low. He's still fighting with the best of them (A+/S tier)

Yeah Reptile is still very good and capable. I just didn't think he needed much of a nerf but its all good. And I understand this isn't the true patch which hopefully will fix the netcode for us online warriors.

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
reptile has so many options he does not need a 48% combo.
raiden needs not nerf
So you basically saying that Raiden has not so many options compared to Reptile? Let’s get further, if Reptile tools warrant a nerf and Raiden tools don’t – it basically means that Reptile is a better character than Raiden?

Ridiculous.

L&S

Noob
I'm a Reptile fan, but I think that a general combo nerfing policy is a good thing.
Players should be encouraged to fight "on the ground", where you can attack/defend reactively, and not floating around hoping in a combo breaker.

On the other hand, some underused move should be enhanced.
"Invisibility" should be more "iconic" for Reptile, maybe with a larger projectile immunity window, and a little damage boost (10%?) even in the normal version, and not run out in the enhanced

Overall now that reptile's combos suck, others ex moves must be improved for general purpose.
Enhanced slide... who cares of the little bonus damage? Make it safer and with a longer range, since Reptile hasn't teleport to close gaps against opponent's projectiles.
Enhanced acid ball should be armoured.

Definitely X-ray is no more a combo ender. Nice policy again.... X-ray should be a surprising move... so boost the "stand alone" damage... let's say by 5%... :)

321 edw NJp being nerfed so hard is really hurting me. I'm almost to the point where it's too much work/risky to pull off now. I think I am just gonna go with the 122 slow forceball bnb now.

McNasty

Moist.
too bad about the nerf. That combo isnt easy to do nor do you get the opportunity to land it all that often with breakers. eh dash is still godlike and i use the 122 starter waay more anyway just gonna take away the WOOOW factor for that awesome combo lol

U-Volt

Noob
Mid-low tier? Nooooo...lots of characters got damage reductions. Hell, Kung Lao got RAPED. His damage is just normal, like pretty much everyone else in the game. Is he mid-low tier? Nah, he's still top. Dash is still sick, forceball is still sick, everything is still sick. Just he hits like the rest of the cast.

Also, Ermac is good, but not top-tier good.

I knew the damage nerfs were coming across the board. They really aren't bad...the ONLY offender atm, is Cyrax cuz of his bomb trap and damage reset.
^TRUTH
/endofthread

And the BnB is not that hard to do once you practice it enough. As mentioned in other threads, try plinking 1/2 when you do the nj. Should help immensely. Either way, this should be your go-to combo if at all possible, even with a damage reduction.