What's new

Reptile 5/20/11 Patch Changes

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Ouch this hurts... hopefully this was maybe a mistake on their end and by the final patch he'll come back up a bit?

RapZiLLa54

Jump in Punch- 122- EXfastball- NJP- 32- slowball- 321- slide went from 44% to 40%... Weird since this is much easier to pull off than combo posted by the OP.

If you can do the NJP without using the ex fastball if you end this with an Xray its 48%.

What I've noticed is never use the EX slide anymore to finish a combo. Its not worth the meter for the extra 1% damage it does now....

All of his easier combos either didn't get touched or barely got nerfed and his expert combos got destroyed...

1221 into Xray now does the same damage as 321 into xray at 38% (down from 44%).

His corner combos seem to have taken a serious hit as well. I'm struggling to get anything into the 40s now.

RapZiLLa54

Corner combo JIP-321-acid hand-321-slowball-321-slide does 41%. If you finish with a xray instead of slide it goes up to 47%.

Of course just when I finally mastered getting a few combos into the 50% range this patch comes out lol. So far haven't found anything that crosses into the 50% range anymore.

I think after the major patch comes in a couple weeks this patch on reptile will even out more. yeah damage reduction on the bnb hurts but it is now on par with most others. Im just scratching my head on raiden and ermac not getting similar nerfs but hay, ill still have reptile is a go to character.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Honestly, I agree with Tom in that his damage was definitely too high. 45% off his best string being hitconfirmed...in a game where hitconfirm barely exists for a number of other characters? PFFFFFFT. I think about it more, and it's just too much damage. 2 mistakes and the round is over basically lol. I don't want MK9 to be like that. So I definitely welccome the damage nerfs for everyone.

So long as Reptile isn't touched otherwise, I'll take 37% as my BnB.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I think after the major patch comes in a couple weeks this patch on reptile will even out more. yeah damage reduction on the bnb hurts but it is now on par with most others. Im just scratching my head on raiden and ermac not getting similar nerfs but hay, ill still have reptile is a go to character.
Yeah I think as long as everyone else gets a damage nerf then it won't be a big deal. I was raging yesterday but I haven't really been losing or anything becasue of the damage reduction. I was just pissed that Reptile got hit the hardest, but I guess it's not too bad if everyone else does around the same damage.

Like some other poster said, I see no point in ending with EX slide anymore. I guess it can be a good thing since now we'll have more chances to break combos and use xray as a punish rather than a combo.

I haven't tried the new bnb yet, probably will get it down after work tonight.

THTB

Actually, I wouldn't call it a new BnB because it's too strict for just a 2% increase. I would just stick with 37%.

CitizenSnips

Which is what exactly >_> I forget wihch one is the 37%?

Is that the 3,2,1 elbow dash jnp, 3, 2, forceball, 3, 2, forceball, 3, 2, 1 slide?

THTB

That one, but a second 32 xx forceball doesn't work, it's just forceball. Either way, 37% is still good.

CitizenSnips

Oh wtf I've always thought the 3,2, forceball worked the second time. I always do it but whiff the forceball so I EX it. If you do all that it does 41%, but subbing in the 3,2 part with just a forceball doesn't require a meter so that's good.

Man I kept wondering how the hell to hit that fast forceball without EX it. I guess it's not possible without EX.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
what is damage on reptile BnB now?
from 50% ish down to respectively 37, 42, and 43% depending on your EX use ....max 43% i beleieve 2EX meter (fireball ex and EX slide)
Example:
jump in 1, 3,2,1~ Dash ~ N.J 1, 3,2~b,b+1, 3,2~b,b+3(EX), 3,2,1~ slide = 43%

Anyone else getting this right now? I just went to practice with reptile and was doing the 321 edw NJp and was getting 45% again. I am logged in to xbox live and had just played a few online matches. Is this a glitch or what?

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I think EX invisibility is actually really useful. I cancel into invis after a blocked 321, it's safe (As far as i've tested, seems to have advantage on block) and keeps me close. From there you can mix up with a ton of shit and have a damage boost while pretty much not being visible. I just started using it and it seems really strong. I really don't think his damage nerfs are that big a deal, he's a strong character.

I really don't think his damage nerfs are that big a deal, he's a strong character.
I think that's actually their logic behind the nerf.
Reptile has a lot going for him: Good zoning, good rushdown, good mixups and mindgames.
So what does he really need a 50% combo for?

Not to say I'm not disappointed in the nerf, but to be fair I'm biased towards Reptile anyway.

From an objective standpoint, comparisons with some other characters' damage notwithstanding, the nerf generally just rounded him off.