What's new

Repping Cyber Sub-Zero at EVO!

Ether

Noob
Hey, guys, I'm a former SSBB tournament veteran, and I'm hoping to do really well going all Cyber Subby at EVO. He isn't the most popular character, but a lot of people still consider him super deadly. I think that a lot of people lack matchup experience against this guy, so by taking advantage of that, some advanced technology and clever mixups, he may be able to get the job done.

There are a few matchups that I'm concerned about; namely KL, Raiden, Kitana, and Kabal. Seems like these characters can either keep CSZ out really well, or have good answers to his rushdown. EVO is only a few days away, so its kinda short notice to try and crack matchups, but I'd love to exchange ideas about this or anything to related to CSZ really.

Anyone attending? If so, it'd be excellent if we could get in some games and figure **** out last minute style. I'll be in Vegas in a few hours, hit me up on Twitter as well, guys.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
dont know much about cyber sub but I wish you luck. Hell if you win it I will be more than happy because Cyber Sub still has his name announced as 'sub zero' so... its partially a win for us SZ players?

Ether

Noob
dont know much about cyber sub but I wish you luck. Hell if you win it I will be more than happy because Cyber Sub still has his name announced as 'sub zero' so... its partially a win for us SZ players?
Lol thanks, I hope I win too, considering my crew and I are traveling 56 hours by bus from NJ to Vegas, and it'd be nice to afford to fly back. We would have been there by now, but one of the bus.drivers drove TWO HOURS in the wrong direction, so we got delayed by four hours. :(

Hey, guys, I'm a former SSBB tournament veteran, and I'm hoping to do really well going all Cyber Subby at EVO. He isn't the most popular character, but a lot of people still consider him super deadly. I think that a lot of people lack matchup experience against this guy, so by taking advantage of that, some advanced technology and clever mixups, he may be able to get the job done.

There are a few matchups that I'm concerned about; namely KL, Raiden, Kitana, and Kabal. Seems like these characters can either keep CSZ out really well, or have good answers to his rushdown. EVO is only a few days away, so its kinda short notice to try and crack matchups, but I'd love to exchange ideas about this or anything to related to CSZ really.

Anyone attending? If so, it'd be excellent if we could get in some games and figure **** out last minute style. I'll be in Vegas in a few hours, hit me up on Twitter as well, guys.
As sad as it is to say, CSZ will never win against a Kung Lao of the same skill level. I think his weakness against Lao is one of the reasons that more people are avoiding him. He struggles against Lao and other top characters (Sub-Zero, Kitana). While those matches are not unwinnable the Kung Lao match almost is.

I wouldn't be too concerned about Raiden. He can never complete a 334 or b.312 string because you can parry the gaps on reaction. Jump in on him, because he lacks anti-airs. If he teleports while you are jumping, do a close dive kick and it will catch him every time (unless it's an EX teleport). Eventually, he will either be burning meter or toning down the number of times he teleports, allowing you to start pressuring him with 21 and 332/34 mix-ups.

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
Yeah i use CSZ and I LOOOOOVE playing Raiden. The guy above me knows what hes talkin about. I also dont mind Kitana much. u can time your teleport vs spamming fans and also ur dive kicks will cut down on distance quite well. She cant really punish ur dive kick either. I seem to have trouble with Johnny Cage, Night Wolf, and Ermac with Cyber Sub. They can easily punish the dive kick and that really changes the game. Without the dive kick Cyber sub is just slightly above average i think. Good Luck and have fun!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

What pool r u in so I can completely prepare for you? :) lol

Jk good luck

Ether

Noob
What pool r u in so I can completely prepare for you? :) lol

Jk good luck
I'm in pool 4. I haven't heard of the people in this pool, so hopefully it won't be too difficult. Thanks for the matchup advice, guys. Against KL, I feel like I have to play a baiting game, because if I rush too hard and get read I'm taking like 40%. Does up+4 work well for punishing his teleport on reaction?

Niflheim

Noob
I wish the best of luck to you. Cyber Sub-Zero needs some high level tournament play and rep, though I'm not sure If I want that because many people don't expect him.
Anyways: The worst matchup for me is Ermac. Kung Lao can be parried easily if some players get too cocky and aggresive. But I haven't played much against Kung Lao, so I don't know. Just watch out for Ermac. Your divekicks are no match for almost all his specials. Just block often and use low strings such as 3, 3, 2 or 3, 4. Block all his teleports and punish him with a combo.

I'm in pool 4. I haven't heard of the people in this pool, so hopefully it won't be too difficult. Thanks for the matchup advice, guys. Against KL, I feel like I have to play a baiting game, because if I rush too hard and get read I'm taking like 40%. Does up+4 work well for punishing his teleport on reaction?
I would say no, concerning u+4 punishing the teleport. You would most likely have to input it actually right before he teleports, so it's more of an anticipatory punish then a punish on reaction. If you run into a Kung Lao (which you will most likely) you have to user the parry to the best of your ability in order to slow him down as much as possible. Don't over-use it, but get him with it just enough so that he uses a bit of caution. Also, learn when your opponent likes to throw low hats and jump them then go into a dive kick, or even Ex dive kick (for 18% which is pretty damn good). As with anyone against Kung Lao, don't jump-in randomly. Stick to your quick dash to close space, block well, and turn on your offense when you need to. If you block a dive kick, make sure you land a full combo and take about 40% from him. Punish a blocked spin with a very quick dash into 2,1,ice ball, combo.

Good luck with everything.

Ether

Noob
I got blown up. Played VERY impatiently and stupidly dropped a secure life lead against a Kitana player with only 15 seconds on the clock. Heartbreaking way to lose. In losers, I got bodied by a sub player who played super defensively. It's a really tough matchup if sub gets the health lead. I believe I went 3-2 overall.

Piggy

City Slicker
I got blown up. Played VERY impatiently and stupidly dropped a secure life lead against a Kitana player with only 15 seconds on the clock. Heartbreaking way to lose. In losers, I got bodied by a sub player who played super defensively. It's a really tough matchup if sub gets the health lead. I believe I went 3-2 overall.
Best way to play against a defensive subbie is either regular or ex bombs. Make him move to you. Also remember to teleport into ice parry. Always works.

Rushdown on kung lao works too. Always expect spin wake up and ice parry.