What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr Report Ferra/Torr patch changes here

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Im pretty sure F2 was -10 on block before the patch, and is now -7, meaning barely punishable.
I'm on PC and we don't have patch yet. Pretty sure it says -7 for me.

F/T has some sick options if you think about it. Some reach, blockstrings that do about 5% and build 6 ticks of meter, almost safe mixup game (with option to make it safe), meterless damage. This character should be there with TG Raiden somewhere, or at least close.

unicorn

Noob
F/T has some sick options if you think about it. Some reach, blockstrings that do about 5% and build 6 ticks of meter, almost safe mixup game (with option to make it safe), meterless damage. This character should be there with TG Raiden somewhere, or at least close.
Problem is FTorr is not as straightforward as most other characters. You need to put some actual work into this duo, over researching max damage combos only ;)
Also the design of FTorr is not exactly all-round appealing ;)

ThaJyesta

Ferra does the rhyme, all the time
She is under legal age man!!! :p
Nah. I like Big/Boss design personally, but I can easily see why many people dislike this character design by default.
Their loss. The second I saw Ferra/Torr I was in L-O-V-E. Doesn't hurt that Ferra's voiced by the amazing Tara Strong. :)

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Was gonna write this yesterday but had to wait for my account to be verified.

Im pretty sure F2 was -10 on block before the patch, and is now -7, meaning barely punishable.

Also 4 and 4,2+4 are now +2 on block. I didnt see anyone else mention those.
And 111, and b1,2,1,2 are both -6, when Im certain they were more punishable earlier. Sub zeroes were definately punishing 1,1,1 with slide before.
4 and 4, 2+4 plus 2 on block?? HNNNGgg. People are gonna regret sleeping on these two if they keep slipping these by. Really hope these are true because Im on Xbone and still dont have the patch yet

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
It was kinda a universal thing. Almost all 0 on block moves across the cast were made either -1 or 2 or +1 or 2. I kow 4, 2+4 was 0, but I cant remember if 4 was 0.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
42+4 being slightly positive isn't that sick in R/V considering you're stuck without some of your important moves after that.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Umm, I dont know how I missed it, but Vicious just got a huge damage nerf.
Boss toss is 3 hits. 9%, and then 1%, 2% and 4%. The last three hits used to not scale in combos and now they do. This cuts 3-6% off of the end of our combos. I noticed this 10 mins ago in a match when my 34% did 29.

MK Led

Umbasa
He's right :( Vicious' max damage meterless without a jump in is now 34%

Oh and spending a bar will net you 1% more, ONE PERCENT.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Its still manageable, but thats a pretty big hit to vicious.

Vicious is now sitting with reptile in the 'fuck all damage' corner.

Ferra still makes his damage decent, since most of the time after I end a combo, chuck either ferra toss or bowl girl and 70% of the time one of em hits, netting another +10 to the combo, or another 2% if blocked.

The good news is: F2~4xxBoss Toss was meant to be only 2% less.

I've already updated the FerraTory with the increased scaling on Boss Toss. Look at these midscreen combos:

F2~4xxBoss Toss | 30% – now it's 28%
F2~F3~4xxBoss Toss | 33% – post-hotfix: 32%
F2~F3~1,1~4xxBoss Toss | 36% – post-hotfix: 33%
F2~F3~B1,2xxBoss Toss | 31% – post-hotfix: 29%

B2,3,2+4~JI2~walk/run, B1,2xxBoss Toss | 29% → 25%
B2,3,2+4~walk/run, F2~F3~B1,2xxBoss Toss | 34% → 30%
B2,3,2+4~walk/run, F2~F3~4xxBoss Toss | 35% → 32%

B2,3,2+4~walk/run, F3~F2~4xxBoss Toss | 35% → 32%
B2,3,2+4~walk/run, F3~F2~F3~4xxBoss Toss | 38% → 34%

NJP~Dash~F3~F2~4xxBoss Toss | 34% → 32%
NJP~Dash~F3~F2~F3~4xxBoss Toss | 37% → 34%

Last edited:

Parnak

Fight me as you will yet you can never hope to win
Daamn, if NRS wants us to use Ruthless more, they way to go should be like buff its buff recovery, not nerf Vicious damage output :mad:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
All that damage scaling stuff wasn't from the patch it was a hotfix today

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Latest-Updates/Hotfix-5-20-15/ba-p/513275

But the patch did have some changes for us. Since I am XB1 and just now got the patch I had time to write down some basic frame data for all our stuff to see if they snuck any changes by us and it turns out they did.

S1 went from 0 on block to +1
S4 went from -8 on block to +2
B121 went from 0 on block to -3 (B12 still 0 though)
4 2+4 went from 0 on block to +2

(forgot to mention these are in Ruthless that I compared these)

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
A tester I know from NRS studios says it was nerfed at launch because they thought it was op.
All jumping attacks are mids on the way up and overheads on the way down, so you have to wait til we are falling back down to press the NJP and get it to be overhead which is just a very small window

All jumping attacks are mids on the way up and overheads on the way down, so you have to wait til we are falling back down to press the NJP and get it to be overhead which is just a very small window
I know

What im saying is the window was alot larger before. So they nerfed it

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Well, now I reckon I should finally learn ruthless, since i wont feel like im missing 10% off my combos.