What's new

REO Swept All MK Games @NEC

Sorry im not good enough to win with low tiers and only win due to the characters I play. Good thing I didnt get to fight one Kabal in MK9 or one Mileena in Mk2. Lucky me. Anyway thanks to the players who actially think I have some form of skill.
I think me and mortal jason screwed our old school mk2 buddies by running all those long sets with you prior to this tourney. lol. Seriously tho, good shit REO.

RiverHB

Noob
Reo wins because his incredible skill complements his dedication. It's obvious even from someone who doesn't know him personally but follows his channel and the stream. It's not luck or by accident. And please get over this OP character nonsense. It's like saying Peyton Manning "abuses" or "spams" the pass or some garbage like nobody else can use the same character or tactics. I'm tired of reading "x" thing or character is fucking broken. Other people use Kabal or that yellow robot and don't win. This guy deserves props.

coolwhip

Noob
You know what's most amazing about REO? Despite being the best MK9 player in the world (LBSH, he is), he can still get better. Obviously who am I to critique his game, but I noticed it when he was playing Jr. He wasn't stopping cross ups or Kung Lao's tele 3 with ex Dash. Obviously, in the heat of the battle and against a player like Jr this is easier said than done, but it's scary to think there is room for improvement.

Congrats REO, you're inhuman.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Using the best character is simply part of REO's mindset. He's not going to do anything to lower his chance of winning, so he plays the best character. When you take a player of his caliber and arm him with that kind of weapon the result is a nearly unstoppable force. He isn't restrained by the limits of his character at all, but rather he can play to the limit of his own execution and reads without running into situations where there is nothing he could do. You can give a poor driver the best car in a race and he will still lose, and you can a great driver a poor car and he will take the vehicle to its limits but he may not win due to the limitations of what he has to work with. Give that great driver a great vehicle and he will also take it to the limit of its capabilities. That's what we have here. A great player pushing a great weapon to the highest level. Kabal doesn't make REO and if anyone actually thinks that they're foolish. Kabal is just a weapon, and at this point it should be clear that REO is the master of that weapon. No other Kabal player delivers like that on a consistant basis. They play well and place well, but they don't dominate at the highest level of competition. REO does, and that should be enough for anyone with average reasoning abilities to see it's REO, not Kabal, that wins these tournaments.

kronspik

Noob
If REO didn't use Kabal, he would still run into other Kabals and end up at a disadvantage. There is no reason why he shouldn't use him.