What's new

Match Footage - Buzz Saw REO (Sun God Kotal Kahn) vs F0xy (Bill Saw Kung Lao) analysing f0xy

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

This is for analysis purposes and such, great set overall from @YOMI REO vs @A F0xy Grampa, really enjoyable.

The difference in ping may or not affect both players performance, i can't talk much about REO here, but hope he continue to record these sets, they're pretty fun and help watching MU from different perspectives.

So what i've noticed on F0xy's
Great defense overall, not sure how much the ping latency affected the game, considering f0xy avoided to punish jump ins with spin most of the time in the first half.

Low hat forced REO to jump forward so many times, getting him anti-aired with B1. I always though B1 was too fast to aa, so i preffer using s1 instead, not sure if due the ping latency that could be f0xy's choice, he measures the range of his tools pretty well.

B1 staggering is so deceptive, something we all should use more, specially hat trick players

B2~hat game in the corner pretty nice, seems kinda annoying to deal with specially due the 2nd overhead that can be replaced by the low hat instead. I ask myself, isn't straight hat just as safe on block? So what is the risk of doing B22~straight hat midscreen or in between those mixes ? considering its dive kick convertible midscreen and good damage in the corner compared to low hat? What Lao loses if the hat gets blocked?

Lots of throws, like A LOT from both players.

B12 is such a great tool, lots of whiff punishing midscreen, anti airs and stagger.

Buzz Saw has probably the best damage conversion off dive kick 26% respectable damage, Hat Trick gets 23% meterless.

Ex Hat game from f0xy to control space in dire situations is kinda scary, those b4 conversions, damn.

few weakness that can possibly be exploited:
Foxy plays a lot in defense and he can balance his offense pretty well, but sometimes while he is defending it seems its also where some of his weakness are, he prefers to block everything and find a more reliable open rather than challenging opponents with hard reads on a few things making his type of play very clean, its not that he is doubting his own reads, i guess i'm not the only one who hates how the d1 game works in mkx and prefer to answer with a string instead of poking back.

No trip guard punishes with B1 either on front jumps or crossups, maybe is due the ping latency maybe us due Kotal's normals in the air, if that is not the case, f0xy probably doesn't like to predict jump arc trajectories possibilities, which definitely would give him some clean punishes.

What to not underestimate
His counter game, not sure if due the KL nature, but it seems that is how foxy plays lao, even in MK9, he can make bold reads and he adjust pretty fast, and when the clutch moment comes the control over his own decisions seems to rise making his counter game even stronger where ppl would just go crazy and do random shit with little life.

Such an interesting player.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
With the latest patch changes, BS has legit shades of Guile. That is what I really like a side from the b2/b22 low hat mixups. It is really entertaining to watch this variation now. It seems like REO is exploring SUN GOD now :)