What's new

Reminder: Kombat Cup Season 2 Finale Tonight!

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
This is just a reminder that Season 2 of the Kombat Cup is coming to an end tonight.

The 8 players, who have accumulated the most points over the course of the season, will be competing in a double elimination bracket for cash prizes.

Be sure to tune in to the usual place at 6 PM EST:
https://www.stream.me/kombatcup

You can see the bracket for the event below:

The cash prizes for the night break down as follows:

First Place: $1,500
Second Place: $1,000
Third Place: $700
Fourth Place: $400
Fifth Place Tie: $100 for each player

So, who are you rooting for? What are your predictions for the night? Discuss below.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Interesting facts going into the finale:
  • SonicFox and Semiij are tied in first for the number of Kombat Cup week wins in season 2 (3 each)
  • Revetleafing and iLuusions are the only 2 players out of the top 8 to not win a week of Kombat Cup Season 2
  • Dragon and Yungmonster each have 2 Kombat Cup week victories, Tweedy and Rewind each have 1

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Good luck to all players involved. Hope to see Rewind going with his Noxious Reptile, or at least Illusions going with Nimble Reptile, that will be good too LOL. If either one of them takes the whole thing I will be happy.

Roy Arkon

Let's go.

Amazing journey the cup was, the level of the game is extremely high. Is this MKX swan song? i hope it isn't.
I'm positive that it isn't. MKX got more support then any NRS game before that, and some people still wanna play it.

Roy Arkon

Holly Shit first game of the tourney and we got a match extend AND an awesome clutch finish. Hype AF. Also the offline-online Main Switcheroo was just crazy.

Illusions-Sonic was just awesome, loved to see a Reptile player beat the Fox. Granted he did it with both Reptile and Quan, but he got the final win with Reptile.

Was kinda sad to see both Reptile players (Illusions and Rewind) go at it so early, and then they had to face each other again. I had to stay (in the) neutral for these LOL. Happy that both guys made it to Top 3 though.

Sonic Vs. Dragon was another awesome set. Dragon's backdash to Shoulder Charge to escape the Missile was just GODLIKE, he deserved to win that one.

Congratiolations to Semij for the victory, this guy is an amazing player.

Oh and @Mr Aquaman and @Big D your commentary was just as awesome and just as hype, kudos

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Holly Shit first game of the tourney and we got a match extend AND an awesome clutch finish. Hype AF. Also the offline-online Main Switcheroo was just crazy.

Illusions-Sonic was just awesome, loved to see a Reptile player beat the Fox. Granted he did it with both Reptile and Quan, but he got the final win with Reptile.

Was kinda sad to see both Reptile players (Illusions and Rewind) go at it so early, and then they had to face each other again. I had to stay (in the) neutral for these LOL. Happy that both guys made it to Top 3 though.

Sonic Vs. Dragon was another awesome set. Dragon's backdash to Shoulder Charge to escape the Missile was just GODLIKE, he deserved to win that one.

Congratiolations to Semij for the victory, this guy is an amazing player.

Oh and @Mr Aquaman and @Big D your commentary was just as awesome and just as hype, kudos
It was a hell of a night, thats for sure! Thank you for the kind words.

We'll be seeing you all on May 20th for War of the Gods!

So who won?

Damn, missed the part where the post says who won sorry. Why didn't they post something about the winner though? Nothing? I smell trickery with these admins. :DOGE

Last edited:
wow semii j got so lucky in some moments like wow lotto winners luck, he stole game 1 he stole game 2, nice tournament, well thats all for MKX, see you all in 2 years for MK11