What's new

REMINDER: Apex Series approaching fast (Jan. 17th - 19th) w/ $500 INJUSTICE: Gods Among Us Pot Bonus

STORMS

Co-founder
Administrator
In just four short days in Somerset, New Jersey the Apex Series will return once again. Apex is known for its impressive Super Smash Brothers turn-out as it is known to be the biggest Smash event there is. Along with Super Smash Bros there will also be several other popular fighting games including INJUSTICE: Gods Among Us. Sporting a hefty pot bonus of $500 INJUSTICE is surely to rock the Northeast with the greatest players New York, New Jersey and surrounding states have to offer.

Below, check out the trailer followed by the complete event stream schedule!

apex14.png

apexfriday.jpg

apexsaturday.jpg

apexsunday.jpg

Source: https://www.apex-series.com/

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'm trying to figure out that stream schedule.. So Bifuteki is streaming multiple overlapping games simultaneously?

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I'm trying to figure out that stream schedule.. So Bifuteki is streaming multiple overlapping games simultaneously?
I mentioned this earlier today. I'm not sure how that works out, but if it comes down to choice chances are they are going to stream SSF4.

I hope not though, DTN pools were hype.

Also apparently pools might get posted in the next two days. Sorting Smash brackets takes a long time.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
It seems like BIFU is streaming Injustice Somewhere along with like 5 other games. And Finals of Injustice is going to be On Spookies Stream.

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
I'd take the schedule with a lot of salt.
No idea what turn-out is going to be, but running the entire Street Fighter tournament in 4 hours (+2 more for finals) is pretty ambitious.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
a bro-tip: when your opponent's health is about to end, try hit confirming a F3 with another F3, cool?
doesnt work with DS. F3 B3 does though but its a pretty tight window to do it. i should have just did walk up sword flip to chip him out the easy way

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
doesnt work with DS. F3 B3 does though but its a pretty tight window to do it. i should have just did walk up sword flip to chip him out the easy way
i got a job for you w ds

90% of wakeups in this game are COMPLETELY COMBO STUFFABLE

I want you to be the one to do it first on everyone, so do this.

Load up practice mode, hard knockdown w ds, dash up and practice blowing up Doomsday's venom w this then after you aster your setup and combo enders with this go thru every wake up in the game

again 90% wake ups in game are fully combo stuffable w true 50/50 b1/b2

Good luck at apex

@AVN|jonnitti

other wakeups of ease to test this on are catwoman wake up dash, any of ravens, any of aquaman

Dont waste your time on the following, all are unstuffable and some of these can be blown up w mb b3

mmh push
sinestro arachnid
lex corp charge
catwoman trait wake up
batman slide
flash (period)
Joker flower
Teleports in the game

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
i got a job for you w ds

90% of wakeups in this game are COMPLETELY COMBO STUFFABLE

I want you to be the one to do it first on everyone, so do this.

Load up practice mode, hard knockdown w ds, dash up and practice blowing up Doomsday's venom w this then after you aster your setup and combo enders with this go thru every wake up in the game

again 90% wake ups in game are fully combo stuffable w true 50/50 b1/b2

Good luck at apex

@AVN|jonnitti

other wakeups of ease to test this on are catwoman wake up dash, any of ravens, any of aquaman

Dont waste your time on the following, all are unstuffable and some of these can be blown up w mb b3

mmh push
sinestro arachnid
lex corp charge
catwoman trait wake up
batman slide
flash (period)
Joker flower
Teleports in the game

does this also work with DS flip and spin? i7 is pretty damn fast for a wakeup

Pig Of The Hut

@AVN|jonnitti @Laos_boy @haketh I dont know DS combos, I dont know his hard knockdowns

All i know is how to do this perfectly w zod everytime but 2-3mins in practice mode this is what i came up with against one of the harder wakeup moves to stuff, that i stuff w a 35% combo w zod all the time including trident rush

Seriously go work on all your setups and figure out today how to end your combos to perfectly set this stuff up

Hope this helps :)

I HIGHLY SUGGEST you start first against DD Venom, catwoman cat dash, and rave wake ups to get the hang of it before moving on to harder ones like Aquaman. If you can stuff aqua you can stuff all stuffable wakeups at will and everyone and their mother will be scared to get up

This is why FLASH will end up top 2-3 (@Zyphox )

When flash players figure this shit out only then will you hear the true tears, believe me. We have one in atl who can 100%

But this is also why DS will end up higher on tier list than most (full invincible wakeups and some of the best 50 50 stuffers into full combos that will allow you to redo the whole setup)

Last edited:

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
@AVN|jonnitti @Laos_boy @haketh I dont know DS combos, I dont know his hard knockdowns

All i know is how to do this perfectly w zod everytime but 2-3mins in practice mode this is what i came up with against one of the harder wakeup moves to stuff, that i stuff w a 35% combo w zod all the time including trident rush

Seriously go work on all your setups and figure out today how to end your combos to perfectly set this stuff up

I HIGHLY SUGGEST you start first against DD Venom, catwoman cat dash, and rave wake ups to get the hang of it before moving on to harder ones like Aquaman. If you can stuff aqua you can stuff all stuffable wakeups at will and everyone and their mother will be scared to get up

When flash players figure this shit out only then will you hear the true tears, believe me. We have on in atl who can 100%

But this is also why DS will end up higher on tier list than most (full invincible wakeups and some of the best 50 50 stuffers into full combos that will allow you to redo the whole setup)

This is interesting actually. Also i may i found something like this with Shazam. But i need to test it out more when i get the chance. Good Shit Pig

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.

When flash players figure this shit out only then will you hear the true tears, believe me. We have on in atl who can 100%

since NEC i have discovered a way to stuff every wake up with meaty b22 by timing a dash after a LC ender into b2 or a little later for a d1, but i don't need to differentiate for f2 or b22, so characters like raven and batman must block a d1d2 from flash 100% they can't backdash, they can't jump, and all their wake ups get stuffed 100% of the time, also with DD the only that beats a meaty b2 with my set up off hard knockdown is super nova, but only bad DD players use supernova........lol i've been experimenting with all this since before NEC but never got to put it to use since my new job, i will be attending apex though to see what i can do.

also don't you remember my f3 tech in the corner to stuff sinestro's wake up attack? that same f3 beats out about 85% of wake up attacks in this game, and destroys DD on wake up.

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
since NEC i have discovered a way to stuff every wake up with meaty b22 by timing a dash after a LC ender into b2 or a little later for a d1, but i don't need to differentiate for f2 or b22, so characters like raven and batman must block a d1d2 from flash 100% they can't backdash, they can't jump, and all their wake ups get stuffed 100% of the time, also with DD the only that beats a meaty b2 with my set up off hard knockdown is super nova, but only bad DD players use supernova........lol i've been experimenting with all this since before NEC but never got to put it to use since my new job, i will be attending apex though to see what i can do.

also don't you remember my f3 tech in the corner to stuff sinestro's wake up attack? that same f3 beats out about 85% of wake up attacks in this game, and destroys DD on wake up.
Sounds like some good shit man, I'm picking the Flash back up since I'm taking the game more seriously again, and Scorpion is shit lol. I gotta test this stuff out. Also I don't wanna derail this thread but how do you deal with Batman lol? I can't do shit against him but it could just be my rustiness with the character.

Pig Of The Hut

Why not just stuff wakeups w either d12 or f2?

Pig Of The Hut

What's the preferred hard knockdowns w flash into these setups? Ending w 32?

Zyphox

Sounds like some good shit man, I'm picking the Flash back up since I'm taking the game more seriously again, and Scorpion is shit lol. I gotta test this stuff out. Also I don't wanna derail this thread but how do you deal with Batman lol? I can't do shit against him but it could just be my rustiness with the character.
"don't get up" is my gameplan against him, or i should say never let him get up, ever for free. there is not a thing he can do if you practice your timing off hard knockdowns with a d1, now you have to get the timing down pact because d1 doesn't have many active frames so d1d2 is a real good option off every knock down. you also can't let him jump and rush you down with ease. push block him when he has bats out, when he jumps you have to be on top of it and anti air that fool with d2 or dash forward out, b22 MB sonic pound crosses batman up on block anywhere on screen b22f3 sonic pound can cross up if you do far version or regular version, but good batman players know about that and parry it. read or react to his back dash's. he seems to have a very quick and far back dash so don't let him back dash for free. i think flash loses 4 -6 to batman IMO if batarangs were punishable (which they should be its so dumb that they are safe) on block it would be 5 -5 because then the only way batman is zoning you is with MB batarangs or with bats.

Zyphox

Why not just stuff wakeups w either d12 or f2?
well d1d2 has a weird active window to do this with and requires real good timing against some wake ups that low crush like some of DD's wake ups or NW front flip, but will get beat out by b22 RMS cancel. f2 i also use in the same situation as b2, d1d2 works as well just different timing and am still testing what i can do with it, just don't have the time to.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog

When flash players figure this shit out only then will you hear the true tears, believe me. We have one in atl who can 100%

god damn i didnt know meatys like this existed in injustice. i always feel like i have to think of this game more like its own thing than most fighting games