What's new

Remember when Capcom brought back 2d fighting with SF4, and how "revolutionary" it was?

Louisiana Shark

Louie Shark
I'd like to see NRS do that again. Maybe it could happen if there's a Death Cargo x Mortal Kombat. The game should be called Kombat Cargo. I really want to see another MK game with the digi sprites.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
It wasn't revolutionary, it revived the the fgc. Death Cargo is digitized sprites? I was kinda hoping they would of finished the game because it looked..interesting to say the least. Fish gun and all.

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
Yeah I remember a lot of people flipping out because Street Fighter 4 was "bringing back" the 2d fighting game genre in a time where everyone, even nrs or midway or whatever, had changed formats to 3d.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I hate everything about this thread. I really do.

I know, I know. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all. But what the fuck?

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
"Sprites" meaning the way they used to look in like MK3/UMK3/Trilogy? If so, then fuck yes. That's why I loved MK...they looked "real" or something.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
The hair looks weird. It is still amazing. Whether is made by NRS or by fans, i would still play the crap out of that

Edit:

That looks so much better than any other version of Baraka we've had since MKII, or at least it's the most faithfull to the original. I don't know what it is exactly, but i've never felt like they got him right in any of the other games.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
How many heads would it turn if NRS went back to digitized sprites. It would look so awesome these days. If even a rinky dink company like Necrostorm can make them look awesome I would love to see what NRS could do.
I thourht about this on many occasions but after seeing bikini karate babes, I said no...

doomfarmer

unorthodox
SF4 revitalized fighting games and brought in a new audience. Using digitized sprites in a new MK would be a huge step backwards. What an awful idea. No.

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
Using digitized sprites would be no more of a step backwards than going back to 2d in a time when everyone was converting their games to 3d, and bikini karate babes sucks for so many more reasons than the choice to use digitized sprites. I don't your logic.

Flagg

Noob
Sometimes I wonder why they don't make 3d models like with goro and kintaro with everyone and digitize those.

Look how awesome Baraka looks for example above.