What's new

ReLaunch

FILER

Noob
I'm a newer player, True Skill around 24-27 depending on the week, I have noticed that Kabal, one of the main characters I use along with Reptile and Smoke, can relaunch some characters...I've looked at the list of available characters to relaunch, watched match video from this site of a Kabal relaunch and I tried over and over to do the relaunch last night but I can't do it. Is there a secret to doing this, or any hint that someone can give me....or I guess even better, someone that can add me as a friend and help me out in a player match? Any help would be great.

Reptile can relaumch sheeva and it's really difficult.

For Kabal, he can easily relaunch the cyber ninjas and sheeva so practice on them. When you're doing the pop-up combo, hold forward+up so you jump at the first frame possible. When you both are getting close to the ground do what you normally do for a Jump punch starter combo. HP, HP, HP, D+HP.

dreemernj

Ambassador
The first times I tried relaunches, it felt unnatural to time them because you are hitting the first HP before your opponent is on the ground and it looks like it should juggle them, not link to a ground combo.

FILER

Noob
Thank you, also I forgot to ask in my first post, is there a limit to relaunches, or can you do so on an opponent over and over until dead? I know this is probably a dumb question, but the videos that I saw of Kabal had him doing the HP starter, 5 hit combo, then the relaunch combo once, followed by the JK and eye laser. I assume that if it was possible to relaunch more than once the player would have done so and finished the fight.

I had no idea Reptile could relaunch Sheeva, just assumed it wasn't possible after reading his character guide. Thanks for the speedy responses.

dreemernj

Ambassador
filer82985 said:
Thank you, also I forgot to ask in my first post, is there a limit to relaunches, or can you do so on an opponent over and over until dead? I know this is probably a dumb question, but the videos that I saw of Kabal had him doing the HP starter, 5 hit combo, then the relaunch combo once, followed by the JK and eye laser. I assume that if it was possible to relaunch more than once the player would have done so and finished the fight.

I had no idea Reptile could relaunch Sheeva, just assumed it wasn't possible after reading his character guide. Thanks for the speedy responses.
Yeah, no limits. In combo vids the relaunches get kind of boring looking. And, also they are kind of hard to get repeatedly so it's sometimes good to only plan on getting 1 or 2 relaunches and be ready to do big damage with just that.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I have wondered if there's a way to get a corner cross up relaunch, but I don't think so.

Derek

Noob
Shock said:
I have wondered if there's a way to get a corner cross up relaunch, but I don't think so.
If Kung Lao had a pop-up you could whiff his dive-kick onto the other side.

Anyhow practice relaunching the Robots as they're probably the easiest sprites to relaunch next to Sheeva. I had to learn Kabal's relaunch before I could do with anyone else. Now I can relaunch the Robots with everyone and I can do they male ninjas but I mess up all the time. I want to be able to consistently relaunch the male ninjas because they're the most commonly picked characters sans R. Smoke on XBL.

Derek

Noob
black album said:
My first re-launch was acually yesterday :roll: be kabal and do it against cyrax. Super easy
They probably weren't blocking. You can do blockable relaunches that still combo.

Ermac can relaunch everyone. Use him. Also, I noticed when relaunching the cyber ninjas, you need to pause before jumping, otherwise you will just punch them while they are in the air.

Kazlaz

Noob
whats crazy is i got a friend comming over friday to play mk2 on his super nintendo
and on febuary 24th is my b day in viting 3 frinds 4 controlers xbla umk3 will be destroyed : ) were going to have fun