What's new

Reiko main coming in peace

okhuskerfan

PSN: B1G-Husker
Always labbing and trying new tech and I'm wondering if you all can help me with understanding the Electromagnetic storm? Recently I've run into a number of Raidens canceling on really any poke into this storm. Are there gaps in it? Can it be flawless blocked? The Kameos I've seen paired with it have been Goro, Cyrax and Sareena. I'd love to figure this out so I don't keep dying from massive chip damage lol.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
From my limited testing, you can always flawless block the storm, no matter if canceled from a normal attack or string. You cannot armor because of the multiple hits. If I recall correctly, the storm is also -12 on block, but when paired with Cyrax, the helicopter jails after the storm and makes the sequence plus on block. Afterwards, Raiden players usually check you with d+4 or another storm, after which they cannot call Cyrax again, fortunately.

I am surprised that more people are not playing Raiden/Cyrax in ranked. The team seems more toxic than Baraka/Cyrax. Raiden is really good in the game, especially with Cyrax and Jax.

okhuskerfan

PSN: B1G-Husker
From my limited testing, you can always flawless block the storm, no matter if canceled from a normal attack or string. You cannot armor because of the multiple hits. If I recall correctly, the storm is also -12 on block, but when paired with Cyrax, the helicopter jails after the storm and makes the sequence plus on block. Afterwards, Raiden players usually check you with d+4 or another storm, after which they cannot call Cyrax again, fortunately.

I am surprised that more people are not playing Raiden/Cyrax in ranked. The team seems more toxic than Baraka/Cyrax. Raiden is really good in the game, especially with Cyrax and Jax.
Thanks for the reply and insight.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Raiden is absolutely ass in the neutral game and has a TERRIBLE time getting up in the oki game. He also is dependent upon Cyrax for chip, which is annoying to deal with as an opponent, but he really has no way to open you up. Raiden can also be zoned pretty easily. I've mained Raiden, Cage, and Baraka and I can say Raiden seems to be the weakest. Stormcell is -12 and full combo punishable. F224 has a gap and is negative on block, and his F34 is pretty easy to crossover JIP/JIK.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
Raiden is absolutely ass in the neutral game and has a TERRIBLE time getting up in the oki game. He also is dependent upon Cyrax for chip, which is annoying to deal with as an opponent, but he really has no way to open you up. Raiden can also be zoned pretty easily. I've mained Raiden, Cage, and Baraka and I can say Raiden seems to be the weakest. Stormcell is -12 and full combo punishable. F224 has a gap and is negative on block, and his F34 is pretty easy to crossover JIP/JIK.
No I've definitely seen Raidens sit full screen stand still and jump constantly to bait you to throw a projectile and thunderfly don't downplay please

Fractured_Shadow

No I've definitely seen Raidens sit full screen stand still and jump constantly to bait you to throw a projectile and thunderfly don't downplay please
1st of all, that has absolutely nothing to do with storm cell + Cyrax chip. Second of all, if Raiden is jumping up and down at full screen and you can't figure out what to do then I can't really help you...

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
This is some master class downplaying. Teach me please

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
He needs buffs. Make exDF2 plus on block and have armor. He needs it when Cyrax gets nerfed into oblivion.
Mind giving me a hit of what you're smoking my dude?

Real talk: why does EX DF2 need to become a plus on block armored launcher? Wouldn't that be a move you can throw out at any point, risk free into 30-50%?

Fractured_Shadow

Mind giving me a hit of what you're smoking my dude?

Real talk: why does EX DF2 need to become a plus on block armored launcher? Wouldn't that be a move you can throw out at any point, risk free into 30-50%?
I can see that sarcasm is something you both are not familiar with...

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Man... You're one of those people that rages about things posted by The Onion huh...
Bro you're asking for unnecessary stuff Raiden is pretty much safe on everything and if something isn't that's what kameos are for. You're not going to be able to put a kameo after everything because that's not how the game works. I can't understand why you're insulting everyone when what you're asking for and complaining about is normal how about you play Shao and see if you'll keep complaining about raiden

Fractured_Shadow

Bro you're asking for unnecessary stuff Raiden is pretty much safe on everything and if something isn't that's what kameos are for. You're not going to be able to put a kameo after everything because that's not how the game works. I can't understand why you're insulting everyone when what you're asking for and complaining about is normal how about you play Shao and see if you'll keep complaining about raiden
Omfg. I was being sarcastic. Absolutely none of my posts were supposed to be taken seriously. I thought that was pretty clear. Raiden is undeniably a top tier character. He gets enormous damage off of pretty much everything he does and, as it stands now, gets completely safe chip damage with Cyrax. A simple d4~db3~Cyrax kameo is about 13% chip that also builds 3/4 of a bar. If storm cell hits he converts for about 23%. He is a defensive monster that has a tool to beat almost every character in the game and, when playing the lame game, wins against most. As it stands now he is undeniably a top 3 character with some laughably one sided MUs.

All jokes aside, once Cyrax is nerfed he will still be a very very very good character but he won't be as oppressive as he currently is. He really does lack a good rush down game and his strings are meh. Low blocking him is the way to go, and when he is playing from behind he can struggle without cyrax against characters that CAN rush down but are running away (Cage, Lao, Ashara w/subby). I'm going to bow out now and go back to playing my actual main, Lao, with his fully safe armored combo starter that everyone keeps telling is not an S tier character lol.

Last edited:

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Omfg. I was being sarcastic. Absolutely none of my posts were supposed to be taken seriously. I thought that was pretty clear. Raiden is undeniably a top tier character. He gets enormous damage off of pretty much everything he does and, as it stands now, gets completely safe chip damage with Cyrax. A simple d4~db3~Cyrax kameo is about 13% chip that also builds 3/4 of a bar. If storm cell hits he converts for about 23%. He is a defensive monster that has a tool to beat almost every character in the game and, when playing the lame game, wins against most. As it stands now he is undeniably a top 3 character with some laughably one sided MUs.

All jokes aside, once Cyrax is nerfed he will still be a very very very good character but he won't be as oppressive as he currently is. He really does lack a good rush down game and his strings are meh. Low blocking him is the way to go, and when he is playing from behind he can struggle without cyrax against characters that CAN rush down but are running away (Cage, Lao, Ashara w/subby). I'm going to bow out now and go back to playing my actual main, Lao, with his fully safe armored combo starter that everyone keeps telling is not an S tier character lol.
Also I didn't hear the tone or delivery in your text my bad, I'll admit if I feel when I'm wrong no biggie

Hot_DNA

Noob
You wrote a awful lot for it to be sarcasm

Fractured_Shadow

You wrote a awful lot for it to be sarcasm
Ugh... I swear to God satire is lost on some of y'all. If you're referring to my first post lemme spell it out for you... Raiden has one of the strongest wake up games. ExDF2 wins against a TON of high/overheads from a delayed wake up and bop you just lost 39%. He also has an armored move. Not to mention he can wake up with a block, poke ~db3, cyrax and boom out of pressure and you lost 13%. Raiden cannot be zoned by like 9/10ths of the cast and he also can't be corner trapped so he can literally get a lead and run plus counter zone all day.... Literally everything I was saying was the exact opposite of reality... I.E satire... Man...