What's new

Reiko Kombos

M2Dave

Zoning Master
After any cancelable one hit attack or string...
  • b,f+3~u, 3 into HCF+1 (no meter)
  • b,f+3~u, 3,4 into b,f+3 (no meter)
  • b,f+3~u, 3,4 into EN b,f+3, 3 into HCF+1 (one bar)
The "Rewind Reset" with Stryker as the kameo:
  • b,f+3~u, 3,4 into EN b,f+3, 3 into kuffed
After kuffed, micro walk b+2, which is +8 on block, appears to jail. Follow up with mix ups afterwards.

Technically, you get the most damage with Sareena, but the 5% damage increase is not worth giving up a great ambush such as Sektor's missile and Stryker's low grenade toss., which complement Reiko's assassin stars and charging pain very well.

Personally, I have been using Reiko & Sektor, but I watched Rewind (Reiko & Stryker) fight Hayatei's Ashrah last night, and he was doing very well. The kuffed reset seems strong.

ConeOnBricks

Borderline Decent (Sometimes)
You can also get a meterless 270 off his f124 string. You can substitute cuffed for command grab for 226 damage and reset instead.
F124 dash 3 bf3 (knee version) d1 command grab

skcuf

Noob
Half Circle Forward... it is a Street Fighter style annotation. D,F would be how most people would write the same thing in MK.
Yeah, I figured it out. It's actually dbf for the command grab. I play on keyboard so a circle doesn't even register as a shape.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Typeo.. lol HCF is Half Circle Forward so B,D,F lol... I can not edit my OP to not look a fool, as you quoted me ahaha DF is QCF (quarter circle forward)

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
yeah... MK dose not have diagonal inputs, most people do it the same way as you.

skcuf

Noob
Either way, I've been playing around with some meterless extensions off the combos M2Dave posted earlier. I've found it's pretty reliable to remove the bar usage on b,f+3~u, 3,4 into EN b,f+3, 3 into HCF+1 (one bar) If you use Jax grab or Kano knives. If you're looking to use the bar on command grabs or something, this could be an option.

miti_mumway

Casual Lab Monster

Hello Reiko friends. I was experimenting with setups using Kung Lao kameo and thought I would share. I'm sure a player with better execution can take the idea and run with it! I tried to setup with various hard knockdowns like f4 and 123 string. I also included some Lao launchers off 12 without using b,f+3u because my old fingers hate that move, haha.

Rewind just showed off that if you land the command grab, and hold back (so same side, whiffs otherwise) you can call Darrious spin kick and combo from it for ABSURD damage.

Looks like its just not scaling since its a command grab that "ends" so it treats the darrious kick as the starter. Max dmaage was something like 60-70% for 3 bars and a fatal (EX grab starter, 70% is if you punish an upblock).

It's still a boatload of damage if you don't have all the meter/fatal, so worth trying out for sure.

Edit-

Looks like 40% for no bars and he's landingg the 60% vs UNJUST in MFSlayer's finals so shits real.

Last edited:

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
Rewind just showed off that if you land the command grab, and hold back (so same side, whiffs otherwise) you can call Darrious spin kick and combo from it for ABSURD damage.

Looks like its just not scaling since its a command grab that "ends" so it treats the darrious kick as the starter. Max dmaage was something like 60-70% for 3 bars and a fatal (EX grab starter, 70% is if you punish an upblock).

It's still a boatload of damage if you don't have all the meter/fatal, so worth trying out for sure.

Edit-

Looks like 40% for no bars and he's landingg the 60% vs UNJUST in MFSlayer's finals so shits real.
I can't recreate what he did after the cmd grab is he hitting neutral assist before he grabs? Did anyone else try this? Darrius keeps wiffing.

I am holding back during the cmd grab

Edit-

Its interesting but its also very expensive. Even Rewind admits he prefers Stryker because of what he adds overall.

Its interesting but its also very expensive. Even Rewind admits he prefers Stryker because of what he adds overall.
I think it's a pretty big reason to dig into darrius more. The setup is absolutely real, and from what I saw Rewind was fishing for it heavily. I could still see stryker being better overall, but with the setups darrius can give normally it's worth looking into.

You can also get a meterless 270 off his f124 string. You can substitute cuffed for command grab for 226 damage and reset instead.
F124 dash 3 bf3 (knee version) d1 command grab
this also works with any string into bf3+u,only you have to do standig 1 into another knee and then d1 into command grab or into regular slide and after slide you can continue with something like a jax or cyrax kameo into his air string for 34 or 36% meterless,its a very fun conversion especially for the jab punish situation

Reiko mavado 424

F12xxbf3up,3xxbf3up mavado nindrop,3xxbf3EX,3xxbf3up mavado nindrop,3xxcommand grab

All the usual jax conversions works the same with mavado but a bit more flexible routes and slightly more damage.

Edit:it appears that in offline mode mavado scaling is different,this combo does 411 when connected to the server

Last edited: