What's new

Reiko General Discussion

How do you guys deal with Smoke or punish the vapors? He gives he so much trouble
im a smoke and reiko, dont zone almost at all reiko out rushdowns smoke, i beg reikos to throw something so i can phase through on reaction full screen. 12 knee combo, d1, or armor tackle through if hes cancelling, if he lets vapors rock its a full punish. Reiko has it 6-4 imo Smoke is all gimmicks

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Any string, charging knee, 3,4, d,b+3, ambush Aftershock back kameo (must be timed and input as forward kameo), 3, EX slide, 3, d,b+3 works and does around 41.

You can omit the EX slide and finish with 3, d,b+3 or DDP and still do around 37%.

Because you can do combos after d,b+3, Reiko now has an armored launcher.

EX d,b+3, ambush Aftershock back kameo, 3,4, d,b+3 works.

Obviously, ambushes are expensive with Tremor, but if you manage your kameo meter well, you will be able to use three ambushes in a round on average.

I like Reiko, but I have never been good with command grab characters. However, if you are, this character is definitely for you.

Reiko/Tremor could be S tier.

I am really curious to see what Rewind can do with this team.

Tremor is better for Reiko then Darrius due to the 10 seconds faster cooldown and extensions off of both pale rider and tactical takedown.

But I don't think it fixes the problem where Reiko could periodically call out an assist in neutral to help with other aspects of his game. 20 seconds is still pretty long enough that you would want to conserve kameo meter for the extensions.

Sorry if this was asked before. How the heck do you do tremor's low hit after the command grab but STAY on the same side. I see it in videos a lot but I can't get it....

Tremor is better for Reiko then Darrius due to the 10 seconds faster cooldown and extensions off of both pale rider and tactical takedown.

But I don't think it fixes the problem where Reiko could periodically call out an assist in neutral to help with other aspects of his game. 20 seconds is still pretty long enough that you would want to conserve kameo meter for the extensions.
This might help, I watch the top players use a character to get an idea how they manage the Kameo meter and what they use it for:

Sorry if this was asked before. How the heck do you do tremor's low hit after the command grab but STAY on the same side. I see it in videos a lot but I can't get it....
Look for visual cues and stick with it.

For me when Reiko and the opponent are in the air, press R1 to call Tremor out and then hold back. When the opponent head hits the ground and their body is completely vertical to the ground(one leg is sticking straight up) press forward + R1. Tremor will do the ground pound using the reverse input instead of the forward punch coming out. Reiko does a back roll in the process which leads to the opponent being sandwich between them.

This might help, I watch the top players use a character to get an idea how they manage the Kameo meter and what they use it for:

Rewind just started playing the new team but he looks a bit rusty here. I don't think he knows that tactical takedown can lead to an extension too. Biohazard show this out in one of his new videos.

Look for visual cues and stick with it.

For me when Reiko and the opponent are in the air, press R1 to call Tremor out and then hold back. When the opponent head hits the ground and their body is completely vertical to the ground(one leg is sticking straight up) press forward + R1. Tremor will do the ground pound using the reverse input instead of the forward punch coming out. Reiko does a back roll in the process which leads to the opponent being sandwich between them.

Rewind just started playing the new team but he looks a bit rusty here. I don't think he knows that tactical takedown can lead to an extension too. Biohazard show this out in one of his new videos.
Rewind knows he's used Tremor for a week and used both. He's considered the best Reiko. Honeybee said that his brother Bio was struggling with MK1 and wasn't placing like the top 1%ers but it does look like Bio is getting better and hopefully will start to enter Online Semi-Majors like Kolosseum, Champions Of The Realms, and R1ps Arena cuz they paying $3k-4k each for a top 16 tournament.
Also look into X-Azeez he's a well known Lab Monsters and pretty good he dominated a stacked tournament at R1ps Arena using Reiko a couple weeks ago. He was mainly zoning and using neutral footage to take them out. These where all great players from their respective countries and he dominated them with calculated zoning/space control

Last edited:
I've come across a weird issue and I was hoping someone could help shed some light on what's going on.

For whatever reason I cannot get Tremor to do his ground pound move after tactical takedown online, but I can do it offline. I'm on steam. It's weird. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I've come across a weird issue and I was hoping someone could help shed some light on what's going on.

For whatever reason I cannot get Tremor to do his ground pound move after tactical takedown online, but I can do it offline. I'm on steam. It's weird. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
Just a reminder that the input for the ground pound is reversed after the tactical takedown so you have to press forward + kameo.

Just a reminder that the input for the ground pound is reversed after the tactical takedown so you have to press forward + kameo.

Thank you. I’m aware of this. Even if I was doing a direction input error, his other move should come out instead. My Tremor just comes out and does nothing, then disappears. However during offline, it works as expected.

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Karma, karma, karma, Khameleon... :rolleyes:

Reiko/Khameleon is interesting.

You can combo from the command throw using Kitana's lift.

Command throw, f+kameo, jumping 2, 3,4, EX slide, standing 3, tackle.

The damage highly scales. On the bright side, though, Khameleon always disguises as Mileena after this combo, which means that you have access to the 18 frame overhead. 3,4, EX slide, jumping 2,1,4 works after the overhead for 30% of damage.

Khameleon now disguises as Jade who improves your zoning with the glaive.

Ideally, you want to be Kitana and Mileena up close because of the launching command throw and un-reactable overhead, respectively. You want to be Jade from far away because of the glaive and glow. However, sometimes the rotation is off, and I am struggling to "switch", for the lack of a better verb, to the appropriate disguise. Perhaps such is the nature of Khameleon or perhaps I need to do a better job alternating between the three disguises.

NRS did a really good job with this kameo. I initially thought that she was going to be as bad as Shujinko. "Random buffs" and "per chance" designs tend to be unviable in fighting games. Top tier or not, she is fun to use and explore.

Speaking of top tier, Reiko/Tremor still appears the way to go because of the damage output, extra health, and consistency.