What's new

Registration for EVO is Officially Open

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian

Yeahhhh buddy, you read that right. With 6 months until EVO 2018, registration has finally opened. What that means is you have 6 months to get in shape and 6 months to build up a plan to dethrone the current EVO Champion ALG Dragon.

Remember, there is a reason why registration opens up so early: it's in Las Vegas, which means a lot of hotel rooms will go quick. If you plan on going, make sure you register early. Don't be that guy who shows up late to pools looking a mess because you had to sleep in the back of your car. EVO has actually partnered with the Mandalay Bay Events Center this year to help make it easier to find lodging. Looking at the prices on the cheaper rooms (available right now, don't yell at me if you see this article in 5 months) you are looking at around $486 minimum if you book for a three day weekend.

You are looking at $40 to get a badge and $10 per game you want to enter. If you want to go the extra mile, you can get a special EVO badge with your name and handle on it for another $15. Besides the swag factor, this will also let you jump into the VIP line to speed up registration at the venue. THAT, plus the hotel, is on top of whatever it will cost for you to get to Vegas, so make sure you understand the costs of doing all this before you sign up. If you are ready, you can follow the link down below to get going. Let us know if you sign up, here's hoping for a great Injustice 2 run!

http://evo.shoryuken.com

I could theoretically see one more, but more about bug fixes, like the TMNT Turtling thing. Unless they are doing a "FP4" we are in MK11 territory
I agree. I could see one after combo breaker depending on how appealing nrs thinks the gameplay is looking but I do think the mentality of most involved is starting to look at mk11 which kinda sucks, feel like none of the nrs games get a solid competitive lifetime

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I agree. I could see one after combo breaker depending on how appealing nrs thinks the gameplay is looking but I do think the mentality of most involved is starting to look at mk11 which kinda sucks, feel like none of the nrs games get a solid competitive lifetime
I only say we are in MK11 territory because that's just the NRS cycle. We will probably see a trailer at the next E3 with a release date for May-June next year. It is a shame though, but I think some of it has to do with there being 1 thing that just turns people off competitively at a major event. Injustice 1 had F23man just dominating the EVO GFs, MKX probably had a thing (I wasn't in the FGC for most of that), Injustice 2 had D1xxTrident Rush man at the EVO GFs and 5 Deadshots mirroring in the (IPS finals?). That kind of stuff puts a bad look on the game, and DBZF has taken drained away a lot of players from every scene. With that said, I'm looking forward to EVO this year, I think the TMNT have brought a lot of life back into the game.

Before anyone jumps on my case, I'm not saying anyone did anything wrong by using a strong character. I'm just saying those events weren't a good look for the respective games, especially considering these were the most viewed events out of anything.