What's new

Reggie Fils-Aime (President of Nintendo America) is retiring

Gamer68

Fujin!
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190221005804/en/

Reggie has been at Nintendo of America for more than 15 years, almost 13 of which he was the President. This year, he will be retiring and Doug Bowser will be taking his place in April.

I know Nintendo doesn't really have much going on in regards to Mortal Kombat and NRS games in general (with the exception of MK11 being an MK game to make it on to a Nintendo console in forever), but I feel like this is still a pretty big deal when it comes to gaming in general. Reggie has been around for quite a while, so it's odd seeing that he won't be around anymore.

Goodbye, Regginator.

Slymind

Noob
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190221005804/en/

Reggie has been at Nintendo of America for more than 15 years, almost 13 of which he was the President. This year, he will be retiring and Doug Bowser will be taking his place in April.

I know Nintendo doesn't really have much going on in regards to Mortal Kombat and NRS games in general (with the exception of MK11 being an MK game to make it on to a Nintendo console in forever), but I feel like this is still a pretty big deal when it comes to gaming in general. Reggie has been around for quite a while, so it's odd seeing that he won't be around anymore.

Goodbye, Regginator.

That name...

Anyway, while i wasn't crazy about Reggie, i will sure miss the guy, he is a very known face in this industry and i feel he is a very passionate man when it comes to games.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Reggie is up there with Boon on Gaming PR prominence. Going to be odd to not see him at each new nintendo conference and presentation, but I'm sure he'll pop up again in the future.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Reggie is a legend in the industry, kind sucks to hear this news. He's literally one of the faces of Nintendo. He'll probably show up on guest appearances.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Reggie didn't run Nin into the ground, what? lol Nintendo has made mistakes like Sony and M$ in the past, moved past it and delivered. Nintendo will never die lol.

Anyway, I want to see Reggie vs Ed Boon in Smash and MK, loser has to shave their eyebrows.