What's new

Players to pick for suggestions for the next patch?

A representative for each character, all having reasonable minds for working together. Keeping tabs on each others' suggestions as they pave the way towards a better game, one that still has flaws, but will continue to survive!

I can be the Kratos Representative....if Kratos matters at all.

A representative for each character, all having reasonable minds for working together. Keeping tabs on each others' suggestions as they pave the way towards a better game, one that still has flaws, but will continue to survive!

I can be the Kratos Representative....
Come on, he needs love too!
You mean 32 players? sounds complicated to me. :)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
No but seriously though, I think if this were to happen that one or two people for each character should give their reccomendations and discuss them with everyone else to make sure that it's the right move. I think I'm of sound enough mind to help though for realsies. ;__; pls lemme halp.

You mean 32 players? sounds complicated to me. :)
A thread can be created in each characters' sub-forum and discussed between the most knowledgeable of players for that respective character.
Once they have finalized their suggestions, their information can be put in a general thread for easy access. Maybe there is not much of a need for collaboration, but it would be nice.

A thread need not be created in Kratos' sub-forum, because I am the only Kratos player.....besides Insuperable, but Soupie is a tournament player, and maining Kratos wouldn't be of good benefit due to the Ghost of Sparta's ban from tourney-play.

NKZero

Noob
A thread can be created in each characters' sub-forum and discussed between the most knowledgeable of players for that respective character.
Once they have finalized their suggestions, their information can be put in a general thread for easy access. Maybe there is not much of a need for collaboration, but it would be nice.

A thread need not be created in Kratos' sub-forum, because I am the only Kratos player.....besides Insuperable, but Soupie is a tournament player, and maining Kratos wouldn't be of good benefit due to the Ghost of Sparta's ban from tourney-play.
yeah and then final thoughts are put into my thread. as it is my thread is getting a little mixed up so individual character threads with designated representatives are better. my thread can be locked for now i don't mind. i'll happily be responsible for the sektor one.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Stop stop stop

No one will agree on
Players
Changes
Anything

Pointless and in the end won't have any weight
They actually did the same thing for the new Street Fighter 4 coming out. SRK asked players for suggestions, I don't see why competent players can't make reasonable suggestions for the character they play. I mean who thought of all the patch ideas before anyway? I'm sure their approval would be needed for anything a player suggest to go through anyway right?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
you know a guy called combofiend?
Yes

They actually did the same thing for the new Street Fighter 4 coming out. SRK asked players for suggestions, I don't see why competent players can't make reasonable suggestions for the character they play. I mean who thought of all the patch ideas before anyway? I'm sure their approval would be needed for anything a player suggest to go through anyway right?
Yes but this won't be determined by the online TYm community if it were

That'd be a large fail

yeah and then final thoughts are put into my thread. as it is my thread is getting a little mixed up so individual character threads with designated representatives are better. my thread can be locked for now i don't mind. i'll happily be responsible for the sektor one.
Alrighty then.
There has to be a specific format for all to follow, so it won't get too out of hand for the rest of us and for NRS. How about three-to-five priority changes, with one-to-three low-priority/optional changes?
Stop stop stop

No one will agree on
Players
Changes
Anything

Pointless and in the end won't have any weight
Perhaps we don't need each others' opinion when it comes to inter-character agreements. (e.g. Smoke players agreeing with Reptile players' changes)
We may all be divided, but from within each characters' sub-forum, with their own select few people, agreements will be much more easily made between them.

Pig Of The Hut

Alrighty then.
There has to be a specific format for all to follow, so it won't get too out of hand for the rest of us and for NRS. How about three-to-five priority changes, with one-to-three low-priority/optional changes?

Perhaps we don't need each others' opinion when it comes to inter-character agreements. (e.g. Smoke players agreeing with Reptile players' changes)
We may all be divided, but from within each characters' sub-forum, with their own select few people, agreements will be much more easily made between them.
You would w proud

We had two team tourneys where Kratos was used and allowed lol

U were mentioned

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yes

Yes but this won't be determined by the online TYm community if it were

That'd be a large fail
There are of course suggestions you aren't going to take into consideration at all. I think NRS has the common sense to be able to weed out good suggestions for the final patch for MK9 as compared to bad ones. Can we all get a little bit of credit here? I think if you put the right community members in the right environment to to discuss legitimate and fair changes it could easily be done. For example with Reptile get me Tyler, MIT, THTB, Cossner, Showtime and all the big boys together to talk about reasonable changes for the character. I don't see why we couldn't come to an agreement.

Pig Of The Hut

There are of course suggestions you aren't going to take into consideration at all. I think NRS has the common sense to be able to weed out good suggestions for the final patch for MK9 as compared to bad ones. Can we all get a little bit of credit here? I think if you put the right community members in the right environment to to discuss legitimate and fair changes it could easily be done. For example with Reptile get me Tyler, MIT, THTB, Cossner, Showtime and all the big boys together to talk about reasonable changes for the character. I don't see why we couldn't come to an agreement.
Too many cooks in the kitchen

6 people to discuss reptile? So 6 people possibly to discuss each character?

All I see is no unified agreement further causing issues

Ok so then the 6 of u release what u guys want then each other characters six representatives start arguing and debating what u guys want

There needs to be 3-5 max for all and they shouldn't be known who

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

Ok so then the 6 of u release what u guys want then each other characters six representatives start arguing and debating what u guys want

I phrased that badly, not all of us need to be there I was just throwing out some names. I'm just saying it's not unreasonable, and I know everyone in the Reptile community at least is very knowledgable and is always willing to discuss differences in opinion and work out a solution. I don't think I've ever talked MU's or tier placement with THTB or anyone there for that matter and not felt like I was having a very calm discussion.

They can all come to an agreement eventually, if they take things slow, calmly, and orderly. Part of why I suggested having "reasonable minds" working together.
Not what their own players want, but what is best for their character, while also making sure it is for the betterment of the game and not its breaking.

NKZero

Noob
Alrighty then.

yeah 3-5 priority changes with 1-3 priority is fine.

we have to elect representatives imo and one player can get a max of two characters e.g. if people think that Pig can do both Cyber Sub and Kenshi for example (although only in scenarios where character representation is scarce). As I said earlier, I'm happy to do Sektor and put Sub Zero on the side for other players.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I think it's pretty common knowledge amongst the veteran players what general issues characters have. The games been played on this final patch for a while now, which is good because the game didn't change on a monthly basis. That is usually how it's done in other games.

People are thinking about this way too much. Nobody needs representatives or anything like that. Make a sub forum thread for each character where changes can be discussed. Nothing has to be set in stone, it could just be something for the devs to see.

Pig Of The Hut

They can all come to an agreement eventually, if they take things slow, calmly, and orderly. Part of why I suggested having "reasonable minds" working together.
Not what their own players want, but what is best for their character, while also making sure it is for the betterment of the game and not its breaking.
Real talk

When has the TYM online community ever come to an agreement w anything

Where has a topic in debate ever ended w "so we agree now and have worked out our opinions?" "Yes"

Link?

NKZero

Noob
Real talk

When has the TYM online community ever come to an agreement w anything

Where has a topic in debate ever ended w "so we agree now and have worked out our opinions?" "Yes"

Link?
that's why we have to restrict patch conversion to top players, or players who give good input and don't argue like idiots and players who are knowledgeable with their characters. just ignore the trolls, people looking for arguments. if we elect representatives we take their final decisions once discussion for the characters has finished.