What's new

Regarding New GGPO MKX Netcode: Bold Statements from Top Players

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
What if you got quotes from non-nrs players/testers? Not that they're wrong, netcode is perfect, just people from other communities probably have doubts that such a miracle for nrs games could happen based on past experience/stereotypes. Other FG communities would be more interested if they're tournament players said the same things.
There's quite a few of those. For example Paul B just tweeted today that MKX netcode feels like KI. I know Valle praised it at some point too, just off the top of my head.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
There's quite a few of those. For example Paul B just tweeted today that MKX netcode feels like KI. I know Valle praised it at some point too, just off the top of my head.
Oh I know I gave him the code. He's one of my favorite KI players and to see him now enjoying mkx with netcode would speak more to me than an NRS top player, if I didn't already experience it myself.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
The new netcode idea so good, I'm currently stealing my WiFi from next door until next Tuesday, at about 50% strength connection, upload in the kilobytes.... And it still felt like offline. Now obviously sometimes there were hiccups, but not as many as i would have thought. I tried playing regular online and it's unplayable for me.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
These cats need to remember, when the masses hit this netcode, it could change things. Just saying.

And PL's post about "no need to travel" is ridiculous.
Well, to be fair, fighting games aren't played on a server like Call of Duty. It's p2p(as I'm sure you know). There won't be a server overload or anything. I'm just hoping they continue to give the option to decline matches with high ping.

As far as PL's post, he has a point in a way, but there are negative consequences. If you look at the Killer Instinct community, there are players that qualified for the KI cup by simply playing online, but they shown up. If everyone stops going to offline events there will be nothing to work towards at all, so yea it was stupid, but you can legit get practice now.

Onto my views about the beta; I think its way better. I can consistently punish, finish my bnb's, and counter poke, but there is still input lag. I can feel it and I'm sure everyone else does. It's not perfect, but for once we have a netkode that can help level us up

All in all. It's like KI, which is as good as its going to get for online play.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
I heard people saying the netcode was still bad/laggy. No amount of godlevel netcode can fix a terrible connection. Get wired, stop streaming services (Netflix, Twitch, etc.) during it, don't download/upload during heavy sessions.

Basically limit problems on your end when it comes to online play, every bit matters.
I've played the current beta on wired and wireless. When the beta was first released it was really good but it did have some hiccups. From my understanding, they tested the game on the maximum amount of rollback possible which is why players experienced their opponents "teleporting" or some lagginess. That has since been fixed, and even folks with high pings in the 200+ range aren't a problem. I don't think doing other things online while playing during the new netcode will be a problem.

The current netcode in mkx relies more on how good your connection is and how close / far you are that will result in a better experience for both players. The new netcode really is awesome and not everything is tied to the end-user.

It's absolutely phenomenal. Nearly perfect. I had a ~250+ ping match with someone from the UK and 90 percent of the games were flawless. There was barely any skipping even at that high of a ping.
How do you know they were from the UK?

The new netcode is an Elder godsend.

Also, is it just me or is the average skill level of players in the beta like a bajillion times higher than regular online. I've played approx 50-60 matches and pretty much every single opponent knew what they were doing and none of my wins came easy. Seems like a noob free zone at the moment.
^this. I've been having some extremely good matches with some very talented players as of late and it has me a little concerned lol. Sometimes I'll get paired with someone who has 2 wins and 1 loss, yet my chances of winning are in the low 30s lol. I'm like WTF is this? When I fight they are REALLY good. The other night I could barely take any matches off a player and it was a hard pill to swallow.

Do you know what else is good? Playing the NA Region from London on ps4. It's sooooo smooth
How do you know you're playing against NA?

Still wanna see what it's like in the real world when the servers are actually full of users
I do hope everything works just as great as it is now. There may be some initial hiccups with possibly the servers but that can be easily remedied.

Lots of promise from the new improvements. Again, it only saddens me that any practice I put into MKX from here on forward is almost irrelevant in any context out of the PC platform. I'm sure all of you are tired of hearing about this but a competitive game like MKX gets better when the player base increases. PC MKX is still nearly useless for online play, and now with these changes and PC being excluded from it, the players suffer, and the game suffers.

Lots of promise from the new improvements. Again, it only saddens me that any practice I put into MKX from here on forward is almost irrelevant in any context out of the PC platform. I'm sure all of you are tired of hearing about this but a competitive game like MKX gets better when the player base increases. PC MKX is still nearly useless for online play, and now with these changes and PC being excluded from it, the players suffer, and the game suffers.
RIP PC. You were never allowed to live.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Ok... I am from a third world country. I have been able to play Tekken and other games online with no issues. I don't have a beta code. If when I try this netcode I can play fine, EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY PERFECTLY FINE. I am really hoping this netcode thing works. With the existing net code it was impossible for me to ever play online :(.
What country are u from bro?

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
This netcode is godlike,lagless matches are for real,Hell yeah.
Now can I have a code please.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I don't have the greatest network at my own place atm and usually go to my friends house to Play fighters...but at my own place this netcode has been really good. I'd say 95% of my matches I could barely tell the difference.