What's new

Regarding Animal Man, Batwing and Swamp Thing

Which pair do you think will be in?

• Total voters

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Everyone should read Animal Man and Swamp Thing. Best reads I've had since Irredeemable first came out.

Ceflapod

Noob
I agree with everyone praising the Animal Man and Swamp Thing comics, they're incredible.

Obviously I want Swamp Thing and Animal Man in, but lately I've been thinking that all 3 will be in.

What I'm thinking is that Swamp Thing and Animal Man are both critically loved and popular new series, not to mention they'd offer variety in terms of gameplay, so one they stand a pretty good chance. In the story, Animal Man could be convinced to join Superman (he's all about justice) and Swamp Thing could be convinced to join against the regime if they're building prisons on forests or whatever. I don't know how they'd be integrated exactly, but I think (and hope) their chances are high.

Now Batwing is a totally new character and I find it almost impossible that DC wouldn't jump on this game to market a new character. Batwing is the only one to get his own spin off after Batman Incorporated, DC obviously has plans for him. Story wise, we can assume that the main villain will be Ares which would make this a global conflict. In the New 52 Ares is stationed where the war at, in Africa. Batwing could get his scent and holler at Batman warning him of this. His role in the story would be going to check it out, fighting villain after villain and then getting killed by Ares and setting the second-act in motion

Nillcox

Batman of Zur-En-Arrh
I agree with everyone praising the Animal Man and Swamp Thing comics, they're incredible.

Obviously I want Swamp Thing and Animal Man in, but lately I've been thinking that all 3 will be in.

What I'm thinking is that Swamp Thing and Animal Man are both critically loved and popular new series, not to mention they'd offer variety in terms of gameplay, so one they stand a pretty good chance. In the story, Animal Man could be convinced to join Superman (he's all about justice) and Swamp Thing could be convinced to join against the regime if they're building prisons on forests or whatever. I don't know how they'd be integrated exactly, but I think (and hope) their chances are high.
They're inclusion would also explain Grundy's role, as he represents The Grey/The Rot, while Animal is The Red and Swamp Thing is The Green. I'm not entirely certain how that would fit in to this overall story but it does fit.

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
this is kinda off topic but if i were to buy a swamp thing trade to read witch should i buy first, alan moore or the new 52?
and i haven't read any SW yet.

Ceflapod

Noob
They're inclusion would also explain Grundy's role, as he represents The Grey/The Rot, while Animal is The Red and Swamp Thing is The Green. I'm not entirely certain how that would fit in to this overall story but it does fit.
I doubt they'd get into the Rot, Red, Green conflict in the main story, it's too complicated. It would have to be its own thing like Red Son. Hopefully they're not DLC though

Reedoms

Noob
Now Batwing is a totally new character and I find it almost impossible that DC wouldn't jump on this game to market a new character. Batwing is the only one to get his own spin off after Batman Incorporated, DC obviously has plans for him.
You'd think that but it's not. Sales are extremely lacking so he's gonna be next on the chopping block. I guarantee it.

Solomon Grundy is part of the green. It was revealed in Rick Veitchs run of ST.

Reedoms

Noob
Solomon Grundy is part of the green. It was revealed in Rick Veitchs run of ST.
It's sorta a 50/50. Part of him is swamp and the other is death. He's more belonging to the fungi group (which I think is grey in older books) than either rot or green.