What's new

Reflect Combos vs. Reptile

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
Here are some nice combos I did earlier that involve reflecting Reptile's Force Balls.
Some are the same as normal BnBs, some are a bit different.

All these are performed after the Force Ball connects and launches Reptile in the air.
The corresponding position is where Nightwolf is AFTER the ball connects. You can get closer by dashing towards Reptile while his ball is flying back towards him for better positioning.

Reptile's Force Balls launch longer than NW's :en Lightning and Reflect recovers really fast, giving you more time to react, and enabling you to perform full combos from fullscreen.

So for the rare occasions where Reptile gets hit by his own green goo:

FULLSCREEN:

Arrow, :r:r :en Shoulder = 19%
:r:r, :r:r :fp, :r:r :fp, :r:r :fp, :r:r :fp, :r:r :fp, :r:r :fp:bp:bp Shoulder = 23%

Corner only:
:r:r, :r:r :fp, :r:r :fp, :r:r :fp, :fp, :fp, :fp, :fp, :fp:bp:bp Shoulder = 25%
3/4 SCREEN:

Arrow, Shoulder = 16%
:r:r, :l:bp Hatchet, :r:r :fp, :r:r :fp, :r:r :fp:bp:bp Shoulder = 28%

Corner only:
:r:r, :l:bp Hatchet, :r:r :fp, :fp, :fp, :fp, :fp:bp:bp Shoulder = 30%
1/2 SCREEN:

:r:r, :l:bp Hatchet, :r:r :fp, :r:r :fp, :r:r :fp:bp:bp Shoulder = 28%

Corner only:
:r:r, :l:bp Hatchet, :r:fk:fp:bp, :fp:fp:bp Shoulder = 35%
I'll add more combos soon including meter ones. I've been trying NJP stuff but I can't get some things to connect. It might just be my timing tho.

Mosp

Noob
I definitely feel like in this matchup there is no need for NW to follow up his reflects with a lightning since it can be baited and full combo punished by reptile. So these combos are definitely the way to go if you can get the force balls to actually hit. Great informative post :top:

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
Sometimes after launching a Force Ball a Reptile player will use Elbow Dash to get closer while you are pressured by the incoming projectile. This is when he eats it in the face if he doesn't expect a reflect. This will probably only happen against Reptile players that don't have a lot of NW matchup experience (which should be most of em since no one plays NW apparently.)

aw yeah!
last days i was raped by some reptiles and i was thinking about an counterpic, because force ball-dash pressure is 2 good!
i was thinking on nitewolf or kenshi because of reflect.

i would love 2 see reptile players eating his own green shit and get launched xD

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
IMO Reptile still has the upper hand in this battle. These combos do however allow you to capitalize on his mistakes, but a good Reptile player will do few mistakes against NW if he has good matchup experience. Apparently Mileena is a good counterpick for Reptile. Don't ask me why tho, I don't play her. LOTF would probably know since he plays against POTH a lot.