What's new

Red Hood General Discussion

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Cause it's was mistake to show him in the game in the first place. They never intended to show him until he was released at least this is what I'm assuming and the fact that it showed the other character outlines was something they didn't want.

TRVP6GXD

Noob
Cause it's was mistake to show him in the game in the first place. They never intended to show him until he was released at least this is what I'm assuming and the fact that it showed the other character outlines was something they didn't want.
Ahh okay, that makes sense then. Thought my game was fucked. Thanks man.

P3irce

Noob
those buttons look promising . Im lost at the trait but i love a character with depth.. wasnt really excited but now i am

R3VERSE

Noob
Unless I'm missing something, 2 of the cooler moves from Red Hood's gameplay trailer will be added abilities and not part of his base move list.

The move from the trailer where he throws the empty gun and then shoots as well as the dive into capture throw I can't find. They appear at :32 and 1:08 respectively in the Gamespot version of the gameplay trailer on Youtube.

I hope that's not the case, but will be a little disappointing if it is.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Unless I'm missing something, 2 of the cooler moves from Red Hood's gameplay trailer will be added abilities and not part of his base move list.

The move from the trailer where he throws the empty gun and then shoots as well as the dive into capture throw I can't find. They appear at :32 and 1:08 respectively in the Gamespot version of the gameplay trailer on Youtube.

Could be a meter burn on his parry

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
From what that movelist showed I'm not sure what his best strings would be. Lot of negative frames and only one starter with a start up of 10 frames, everything else is slower. Plus I don't see a special to cancel into to make his strings safe. All from a leaked video of course but just initial thoughts. His trait is WACKY I have NO idea how to make sense of that. Activate trait and get different strings? Electric Hammers, looks interesting. Wish they were his All Blades(maybe those will be an epic gear piece)

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
From what that movelist showed I'm not sure what his best strings would be. Lot of negative frames and only one starter with a start up of 10 frames, everything else is slower. Plus I don't see a special to cancel into to make his strings safe. All from a leaked video of course but just initial thoughts. His trait is WACKY I have NO idea how to make sense of that. Activate trait and get different strings? Electric Hammers, looks interesting. Wish they were his All Blades(maybe those will be an epic gear piece)
I reassess this and learned that he has an advancing high that is plus on block.

I feel he's going to be a mid range character. I feel that though his combo strings are short his trait will make up for it and don't quote me on this I think you can ex his trait to full combo.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Usually the first non pre-order DLC character is a bill but I'm feeling positive about Jason

If the move where he throws the gun isn't part of a regular move or the other one you're talking about then what's the point? That's what got me interested in the first place.

G11OST

Noob
Can anyone verify how his trait works? Looking at the multiverse game play videos, to me it seems like a sort of recka (not sure it that's how you spell it). Seems that once u initiate it you have a certain amount of frames to follow up into trait-unque strings, cancel, or quick shot. Can someone verify this or correct me on this? If not I guess I'll find out at 3.

R3VERSE

Noob
Could be a meter burn on his parry
No, the meter burn on his parry just adds some additional gunshots to it and looks to push the opponent to full screen in the mid.

Can anyone verify how his trait works? Looking at the multiverse game play videos, to me it seems like a sort of recka (not sure it that's how you spell it). Seems that once u initiate it you have a certain amount of frames to follow up into trait-unque strings, cancel, or quick shot. Can someone verify this or correct me on this? If not I guess I'll find out at 3.
As for his trait, there is no cooldown or build up for it. It is always available, but once activated you can't move. It also doesn't seem to cancel out on its own so you can stay in that stance indefinitely. You either have to perform a move or cancel out of it. There 5 sub heading under his Character Power and 4 of those contain strings. The first 4 strings listed in these are the same. The last string in each is the only one that's different and even they all begin with 332 and a unique ender. For the most part, it looks like his trait is intended to help zone a little as he has a pretty quick gunshot out of it or simply to extend/finish combos as his trait can be canceled into quickly. For example:

F23, 4, 332 MB is an 11 hit 1-bar combo. The MB of the 332 is an actual string called Bullet Storm from his trait.

I know a lot of this information can be gained by just looking at the video showing his move list, but hopefully this adds some information you guys were looking for prior to the stream.

Last edited:

R3VERSE

Noob
If the move where he throws the gun isn't part of a regular move or the other one you're talking about then what's the point? That's what got me interested in the first place.
I agree. I'm hoping they are available as part of his base move set on his release, but as it stands right now they are not.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Thrown empty gun confirmed as gear move but if that's all you wanted then the character may have never been for you honestly. Give him a try it's only one move *shrug*

Thrown empty gun confirmed as gear move but if that's all you wanted then the character may have never been for you honestly. Give him a try it's only one move *shrug*
Well, I'm not the type to tier whore or to pick a character because I believe would make it easier to beat people, I pick a character who's moveset I like, who's fun to play. I don't compete so I don't worry about tiers too much, but if I see a character that I like how a move looks then find out it's not a regular but a "gear" (damn I hate this shit they did) then yea it's a bit disappointing.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
I reassess this and learned that he has an advancing high that is plus on block.

I feel he's going to be a mid range character. I feel that though his combo strings are short his trait will make up for it and don't quote me on this I think you can ex his trait to full combo.
Watching the stream yeah he has a high advancing string but definitely can be poked out of and just blocked low. How do you know it's safe?

Definitely a Batman-esque archetype(mid range with projectiles) but his Trait grants more strings and attack options other than a safe get-in tool