What's new

Recommend me some cool "casual" games. (Shrumps, RouigeLites, Puzzle, Platform etc etc)

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I have recently been taking a break from MK1 (after finishing the latest season) and playing Sky Force : Reloaded and Rouge Legacy 2

I've REALLY enjoyed these games, particularly Sky Force. So I was wondering what your top smaller games might be... anything indie, light.. level based. I really enjoy that Skyforce takes about 3-5 mins to play a level and then you can go do something else or play again.

I am not fond of Metrovania games though. I mean I like Platforms, but I just find all the back tracking and stuff tedious.

Thanks!

molambo

(X ౪ X )
Rogue Legacy1, The Bug Butcher, Enter the Gungeon, Binding of isaac, Spelunky, Glass Masquerade2

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
It's an older game from 2016, but I really liked Unravel.
When I think of "older" games I think stuff from the 80s. lol

I'll check out unravel.

Rogue Legacy1, The Bug Butcher, Enter the Gungeon, Binding of isaac, Spelunky, Glass Masquerade2
I'll check them out.. I actually know "The Bug Butcher" and that is 100% the type of game I am thinking of. Great pick.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
If you are on PC:
Crab Champions

Multi-plat:
Fights in Tight Spaces (card game)
Enter the Gungeon (top down shooter, like smash TV, rogue like)

Plop

Noob
I was just gonna leave a flippant comment suggesting Tetris or something, but I have to second Unravel. It's really good.

LEGEND

YES!
All great Rogue-likes:

Enter The Gungeon
Nuclear Throne
Wizard of Legend
Binding of Isaac

honorable mention to Dead Cells and Vampire Survivors.

perfect casual games to eat up 30-40 minutes.

if anyone has recommendations for similar games please share. Haven't found a new one in years. Co-op is a bonus.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I have one that's actually one of those old flash games from the 2000's: Karoshi Suicide Salaryman. It's around 50 levels where your main objective is to end yourself - sometimes it is as simple as walking into some spikes, or shooting a gun into a bouncing bed, or pressing a button and having a crate fall into you, but as the levels progress, things get very intricate, as in you might have to use your mouse cursor as a platform to stand on, or just touch the end of the level-bound box and discover that you get teleported to the other side.

Despite the grim name and implications, it's a silly lighthearted pixel puzzle, perfect time killer, and quite intelligently designed, despite its simplicity.

There are 2 sequels as well, both of them equally as good as the first one. If you are bored at work, I cannot recommend this game enough.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I know it's not part of your genre, but if you can find a good Sega Genesis emulator, and a good rom copy, try out Starflight. Originally a computer game, got sent to Sega Genesis in 1991. Space adventure/combat/RPG game way ahead of it's time.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
hmmm....you may like this one...it was on PSN as a free game. it's called Starwhal. It's very pick up and play and really need graphics. It's also on steam and xbox. Definitely worth checking out vidz of on Youtube. You can get it around $12 as well.