What's new

Reasons why cyrax is NOT OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spletty

Grandmaster
My roommate SumptuaryPiano7 refuses to fight me because he says cyrax is the clear best character. Can you guys please list every reason he is NOT overpowered? He won't believe me.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
If he didnt have those stupid resets he would be just fine. Even without them though he is still top 5 material in my book.

Spletty

Grandmaster
pick up kabal. bet he changes his mind about the best character really fast.
I tried but my kabal looks kano tier :(

I just hate that when I play fighting games my local friends think its unfair when I'm good with my main. His sub isn't terrible.. but he just rarely comes on here to learn anything. I have to teach him everything myself, and I fuckin suck. I wish he could see cyrax isn't op (yes rev0lver I agree he's broken lol).

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Cyrax is a fun character though, I like him. I dunno, I've always felt a 50% 1 bar off a net paired with his 30% meterless bomb trap shenanigans were sufficient. Resets are just lazy imo. Play the full character, he's dirty as fuck.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
He has unsafe projectiles and also with no chip without meter and once he gets touched he has a hard time getting out of pressure. He may have good pokes, but not much after them. He also has a really bad xray and needs meter for damage. His teleport is completely aweful. You can sit at jumping range and right as he opens his chest you jip and get full combo. You can tech the command grab on the command grab trap so he can never hit a command grab after another command grab. He also has a bad makeup game as buzzsaw and ragdoll are slow while teleport and lunge up thingy are both punishable on wakeup. his net is punishable. if hes throwing out bombs you can go in between them and the bombs will wiff. He also doesn't have a low or high combo starter that can't be blocked on reaction, because b2 is slow. He is still a very good character with the best comeback factor in the game. But he is not even top tier now, but really close. If you play a good Kabal you will never think that cyrax is best in game ever again

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
He is a good, character. Great, maybe. I would put him near the 10th spot, all things considered. He is def. not in the top 5, having at least 4 losing matchups (Kabal, Raiden, Sektor, Sonya) and possibly more...Kung Lao, Smoke, Jax and Kitana also beat him in my opinion, but those are debatable. Trust me, I'm a nice guy and I play Cyrax (not an oxymoron)!

-Pete

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
He has unsafe projectiles and also with no chip without meter and once he gets touched he has a hard time getting out of pressure. He may have good pokes, but not much after them. He also has a really bad xray and needs meter for damage. His teleport is completely aweful. You can sit at jumping range and right as he opens his chest you jip and get full combo. You can tech the command grab on the command grab trap so he can never hit a command grab after another command grab. He also has a bad makeup game as buzzsaw and ragdoll are slow while teleport and lunge up thingy are both punishable on wakeup. his net is punishable. if hes throwing out bombs you can go in between them and the bombs will wiff. He also doesn't have a low or high combo starter that can't be blocked on reaction, because b2 is slow. He is still a very good character with the best comeback factor in the game. But he is not even top tier now, but really close. If you play a good Kabal you will never think that cyrax is best in game ever again
His teleport is not at all awful if you play Cyblax.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Still better than jade. Command grab + good jabs + throws + d4 + d3 + d1 + antiair = awesome.

I think that the main reason we don't see a lot of Cyrax players go nuts with the character is because of the reset: we don't ever get to see their full potential as players, but rather we see huge damaging combos.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Yeah Glue is right on this one. Cyrax isn't bad. My chaarcter has a field day with him. Im' finally starting to not fall into every reset he does and play smarter. I also suggest getting him in a corner because he has trouble getting out of a corner. Keep Cryax from the middle part of the stage is your best bet. The middle is where he needs to start his reset.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
how am I wrong
His X-Ray is amazing. You can bring the damage up all the way into the mid-40's with a simple dash 1, 2, 1 after it (and you can probably do more). It's an X-Ray, so it has super armor and instant start-up so it can't be poked out of (even though pokes duck under it), and its hitbox is all the way around so it can't be crossed over either. You can also dash 1, 2 Net and keep them standing for some command grab/mid-bomb reset setups.

And he doesn't NEED meter to do damage. Yeah, it's hard to argue against using an EX-Bomb to take 80%+, but personally, I never use meter except on the odd EX-Ragdoll or EX-Net to drain their meter. But he has PLENTY of meterless set-ups and mix-ups that won't necessarily do the massive combo damage, but it all adds up.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
His X-Ray is amazing. You can bring the damage up all the way into the mid-40's with a simple dash 1, 2, 1 after it (and you can probably do more). It's an X-Ray, so it has super armor and instant start-up so it can't be poked out of (even though pokes duck under it), and its hitbox is all the way around so it can't be crossed over either. You can also dash 1, 2 Net and keep them standing for some command grab/mid-bomb reset setups.

And he doesn't NEED meter to do damage. Yeah, it's hard to argue against using an EX-Bomb to take 80%+, but personally, I never use meter except on the odd EX-Ragdoll or EX-Net to drain their meter. But he has PLENTY of meterless set-ups and mix-ups that won't necessarily do the massive combo damage, but it all adds up.
His xray has retardedly retardedly bad hitbox that you can just duck under. And why would you use it when he gets more damage with just one bar. It can be a little useful to kill people and armor out as you can get 56%, but he just doesn't need it cuz of his high damaging one meter combos

Status
Not open for further replies.