What's new

Reasons we LOVE Mortal Kombat XL

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
If favors too much scrubbyness. Full screen advancing strings, impossible to anti air attacks, impossible to whiff punish strings, everything safe on block. Dumb pokes etc. to be considered a great game.
Tf?

What string is full screen advancing? Did someone get a stealth buff? :confused:

Since when was it impossible to AA? Yea I'll admit jumpins were a bit too powerful PRE PATCH, but even then, people were still using normals to AA. Its super easy to AA now after the nerf to jumpins. Also, almost everyone has armor. You can AA with specials too you know lol ;)

Impossible to whiff punish strings? Is Takeda not in the game? He whiffs anything and he's dead. Same with kitana, mileena, Kung Lao and idk, all the other characters maybe?:rolleyes:

Everything safe on block huh? So I guess Kung Laos spin, ermacs's everything, mileena's everything and just about every other character in the game is safe :eek:

I do agree with dumb pokes. Smoke has a worthless d4 and bad pokes in general. Some other characters have bad pokes too. BUT if you mean they have dumb pokes as in super good, you can just block and start your pressure. WORKS AGAINST EVERYONE :)

Not saying the game is perfect, because its not, but it's pretty damn good. It held us here for a year and it's super strong in the tourney scene. That sounds like a great game to me.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but yours was pretty whack lol

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
Getting to play as one of my favorite Sub bosses was a treat and he actually fits my playstyle to boot!

Character specific intro dialogues: brilliant, funny, so much lore, history and references included.

Punch walk and Krush brutalities <3.

Zoning people out with Kitana.

The fact that my two mains are built around chip, stagger pressure and are somewhat meta breakers in their own right.

Sound effects: Triborg's metal clanging, Goro's flame breath, Kitana's fans, etc.

The environmental effects are superb. Seeing your characters get covered in dirt, rain etc is just tight and very engrossing.

Gorgeous level designs: The Kove, Kuatan Jungle, The Pit, Outworld Market Place, Refugee Kamp.

Character background customizations are fun and a great carry over from Injustice.

Goro and Kitana have awesome aesthetics and are very pleasing to look at and exquisitely design. Alt color green Goro plus alt color primary Assassin Kitana is love/life.

Continued support: DLC, pot bonuses, improved online.

One of the top three best rosters of an MK game (MK9 & Trilogy tho).

That NRS finally made Kitana's masked, fan tossing variation viable.

Goro consistently got changes to complete the character fully.

The balance in general although not perfect is pretty solid. I think it's fair to say that every character has at least one viable variation.

Depth of stamina meter.

Fast pace makes it more rewarding when you're good enough to slow it down.

Fun and ground breaking story for LGBT and female populations + nice to see generational progression and growth.

Great new cast in D'vorah, Takeda, Cassie, Kotal and others.