What's new

Question Realistice Bane Buffs, Yes or No?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
As in if you hit someone with it in tournament you automatically win
If I ever get the balls money to go to a tournament, it will be a win for me if I can shout YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH in my opponent's ear while winning off a total YOLO super venom level 3

the ultimate 50/50 of life/death and awesomeness or humiliation

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Makes me sad that only RYX tags me to Bane relevant content :(

To that note, the buffs aren't bad. Remove the post-charge flex and you have a deal.

Aside from what everyone has mentioned, I think some of his MB needs work. Practically everyone in the cast can extend combos with meter, but Bane.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Aside from what everyone has mentioned, I think some of his MB needs work. Practically everyone in the cast can extend combos with meter, but Bane.
Bane isn't a combo character, fool.
Also who needs MB when you have that super *_*

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
His mixups and limited combos are fine damage wise when combined with venom anyway.
Fine if you can do them in a 6 second or less window. Actually if your venom runs out mid combo you lose that damage and actually get less than normal so you need to do them is less time than that. Who else sufers that along with all the other nerative effects?

LSBS that's not ideal when you get a massive debuff with all things considered in gameplay as well. He needs to lose the damage & speed debuffs, plain & simple. Most of the cast can start combos with MB moves or extend basic comboss with them, we can not. Grant it we have "other advantages * at times" but still we're on the proverbial short end of the stick overall as there are plenty of things agianst us. Main Bane for a couple weeks and you'll see.

Hey I'm not disagreeing about the debuffs: they need to GTFO pronto. I just don't think the venom cool down time between rounds is such a big deal if you manage venom properly. Also I've mained Bane since launch and I refuse to give him up lol.

Elmo

Noob
I would like to point out that Bane doesn't even receive any negative side effects from using Venom (makes him stronger and smarter) until he overdoses (level 3) which then causes him to lose all sense and burn through all of the Venom in his veins, leaving him nearly comatose. And besides, if this shit was intended to be canon, or at the very least make some sense in regards to the comics, Lobo would literally murder the entire cast in seconds and not even break a sweat. That fucker is immortal and far, far more overpowered than Supes.
Keep this shit up, boys. Good to see some logical arguments in favor of sensible buffs.

Brahma

Noob
F.2 is cancellable by forward and back dash.
I think you mean f3, unless there's some sort of command that I don't know about.

Actually, I really wish f2 was his b3. That would be pretty sick.

Also his dash needs to be better. Like Grundy better.

Because Bane can do the same or close to the same damage as Grundy without MB using venom. As much as I'd dance a jig at the prospect of doing 60-70% MB BNB combos, it'd be kind of crazy.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Because Bane can do the same or close to the same damage as Grundy without MB using venom. As much as I'd dance a jig at the prospect of doing 60-70% MB BNB combos, it'd be kind of crazy.
At level three Venom, and he still doesn't catch up to Grundy who does like 55% for one bar and has resets from what I've heard.

:16Bit

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I find you have to pretty much catch someone taking a lengthy nap to pull those off. You see we have a 6 seconds window to get those combos, then suffer withdrawal, both things no one else has to contend with. While it's possible the risk is simply too high for the likelyhood of actually getting it.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
It's really not that Bane is so bad, cause he's not. It's the fact DD/Grundy have answers for everybody and we don't. It's not just DD, it's not just Grundy, but both chars. Bane feels like he was just thrown in there at the last minute. He has GREAT tools once he is in, but getting in is his major problem. If you play like a cockroach, it's very hard for a bane player to beat you

RYX

BIG PUSHER
It's really not that Bane is so bad, cause he's not. It's the fact DD/Grundy have answers for everybody and we don't. It's not just DD, it's not just Grundy, but both chars. Bane feels like he was just thrown in there at the last minute. He has GREAT tools once he is in, but getting in is his major problem. If you play like a cockroach, it's very hard for a bane player to beat you
He's also slower than doomsday but Grundy has ways to make up for that.

;_;

Grundy without power chain does 63% 1 bar with an ez reset :)
:(

It's really not that Bane is so bad, cause he's not. It's the fact DD/Grundy have answers for everybody and we don't. It's not just DD, it's not just Grundy, but both chars.
This. When I fight my buddy's Grundy I often ask myself why the frig I even bother with Bane when Grundy/DD are pretty much better versions of Bane. The answer is because I fuckin love Bane.