What's new

General/Other - Spec Ops Realist modifications for Spec Ops future patch

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Yes but if you guess right on the 50/50 then all you have to do is crouch block for a full combo punish. It's more viable NOT to use AW because the recovery is way more negative than either 50/50 on block.

Yes, it's annoying, but manageable.

Thanks to the long startup/recovery you can zone pretty effectively.

(1:21:20)

Any armored launching move can be used to full punish rockets.

(1:07:39)

As I said, AW is all about knowing how to block it. She has weak midscreen damage so those errant rocket hits won't net you the 30 meterless that most of the cast his.

She doesn't need nerfs but she could do with some help. She has some big weaknesses that can be exposed. I played @HoneyBee at Winter Brawl, he knows the Spec Ops matchup and it was a disgusting set. I couldn't do anything against the guy, setup anything, it was so bad.

Ugh, hell no, I'd never pick Spec Ops in that matchup.
So basically if the Cassie player does DF1xxAmerican Way, I have to block low, then quickly high, then quickly neutral duck. That is a major pain in the ass lol. At least there's *some* way around it I suppose, if only a hard one.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
So basically if the Cassie player does DF1xxAmerican Way, I have to block low, then quickly high, then quickly neutral duck. That is a major pain in the ass lol. At least there's *some* way around it I suppose, if only a hard one.

Yeah, it's a pain, but it's worth it for a full combo and it's not quickly blocking low since American Way has a gap and pretty meh startup/cancel advantage off both 50/50s. You block low, the quickly high, then leisurely low.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Yeah, it's a pain, but it's worth it for a full combo and it's not quickly blocking low since American Way has a gap and pretty meh startup/cancel advantage off both 50/50s. You block low, the quickly high, then leisurely low.
It sounds like to me that all you're doing is essentially holding the down button, letting it go then pushing it again. Doesn't seem very hard/painful to me lmao

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
It sounds like to me that all you're doing is essentially holding the down button, letting it go then pushing it again. Doesn't seem very hard/painful to me lmao

It's really the speed of it, my training partner faced the Magician's Cassie at.....Summer Jam last year I think and she kept letting go of or hitting buttons too quickly so she kept getting hit with the mixups. She knows how to block Cassie (she blocks D+F1xxAW with an EX Rocket on top of it) but nerves made her do things way too fast.