What's new

Real Actors for Mortal Kombat

LeoMK29

Noob
I think modeling the characters after the actors would be easier, and they could obviously do the voice overs. This would probably cost too much money though.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
It would probably look like ass butt..this essentially do the same thing with mocap

Your first thought for who would play mileena is kendell jenner? Thats kinda fucking weird man

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I don't see where the hurdles are. All the motion capturing does is record what the animations look like whilst making them look realistic and saves a lot of time for the animation team. All the NRS team has to do is apply the Hitbox to the model, then program in whether the move hits low or high or mid or overhead and asign it to a button. If they want to change it they can. I think in one of the live streams they did talk about this, not the process of it in detail but it would be interesting of they did something on it. Maybe try tweeting at some of the NRS team and asking for more information would be beneficial for you :)
I mean for things like giving characters new moves and to me it just seems easier to reanimate something or create a new one entirely if you dont have to go through the process of motion capture. You could just draw it up

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I mean for things like giving characters new moves and to me it just seems easier to reanimate something or create a new one entirely if you dont have to go through the process of motion capture. You could just draw it up
I get what you mean but I just think motion capture would be easier to make something like this, and drawing doesn't give the human like feel or look to it. But neither of us actually do this stuff and we know basically nothing of the actual process itself so this is kind of pointless haha lol.

mattnin

Noob
Back when they made MK1 in the early 90's, it was jerky because they had little memory to work with so there were very few frames per move. I wonder if it could be done now since memory is so cheap and plentiful.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I get what you mean but I just think motion capture would be easier to make something like this, and drawing doesn't give the human like feel or look to it. But neither of us actually do this stuff and we know basically nothing of the actual process itself so this is kind of pointless haha lol.
Yeah but it's fun to speculate on the process. Do you know any of the twitter handles for people at NRS?

skater11

The saltiest
It would look like something made for the indie games section on Xbox 360. It wouldn't be all that good.

mattnin

Noob
It would look like something made for the indie games section on Xbox 360. It wouldn't be all that good.
If it could be done well, I think it would be pretty sweet. Could you imagine the gore? If NRS wants to make major news headlines and be controversial, I bet you'd agree that this would be the way to do it.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Yeah but it's fun to speculate on the process. Do you know any of the twitter handles for people at NRS?
Nah I mean arguing about what the best/most efficient way to do it, when we don't know how they actually do it. It is fun though.
Ed Boon is @Noobde
Dan Forden is @dforden
John Edwards is @ApathyJones
Jonathan Andersen is @Standardsen
Some guy is @_DaanishSyed
Tyler Lansdown is @tylerlansdown
Derek Kirtzic is @DKirtzic
And of course NR themselves is @NetherRealm

That's all I remember. If you go to the Kombat Kast archives on the NetherRealm twitch at http://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm you can find all of the guests from the studio's twitter on the screen. :)

EDIT: SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN TO TAG PEOPLE. APOLOGIES.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Nah I mean arguing about what the best/most efficient way to do it, when we don't know how they actually do it. It is fun though.
Ed Boon is @Noobde
Dan Forden is @dforden
John Edwards is @ApathyJones
Jonathan Andersen is @Standardsen
Some guy is @_DaanishSyed
Tyler Lansdown is @tylerlansdown
Derek Kirtzic is @DKirtzic
And of course NR themselves is @NetherRealm

That's all I remember. If you go to the Kombat Kast archives on the NetherRealm twitch at http://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm you can find all of the guests from the studio's twitter on the screen. :)

EDIT: SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN TO TAG PEOPLE. APOLOGIES.
Thanks for the twitter handles