What's new

Match Footage Raven Video Thread

I need a little assistance on something, I have a friend that plays copy cat a lot. What is throwing me off is what tools raven has from 3/4 screen and out in this mu. I do well enough blocking g.l's tools when he is in for obvious reasons, but as weird as it sounds it almost feels like that 7/8-3/4 screen g.l out zones regular raven. Is it worth going into dark raven with jump trait, when That is enough time for him to do a mb oa. Its gotten to the point to where he plays more slowly whenever he has a bar, and projectile counter is worthless on mb. When I am in dark raven he does the smart thing of just shutting down and dashing back and forth between pillars from full screen. As weird as it sounds, I think I should try to push him to the corner some with dark raven if he is that conservative. What you think? Cause patient g.l is a very new style I am not used to others doing.

I need a little assistance on something, I have a friend that plays copy cat a lot. What is throwing me off is what tools raven has from 3/4 screen and out in this mu. I do well enough blocking g.l's tools when he is in for obvious reasons, but as weird as it sounds it almost feels like that 7/8-3/4 screen g.l out zones regular raven. Is it worth going into dark raven with jump trait, when That is enough time for him to do a mb oa. Its gotten to the point to where he plays more slowly whenever he has a bar, and projectile counter is worthless on mb. When I am in dark raven he does the smart thing of just shutting down and dashing back and forth between pillars from full screen. As weird as it sounds, I think I should try to push him to the corner some with dark raven if he is that conservative. What you think? Cause patient g.l is a very new style I am not used to others doing.

You can soul crush him if he tries to dash in right after a blocked pillar. Don't try to reflect his rockets, just absorb them or block/jump/duck. If he keeps jumping and shooting rockets hit him with pillars. If he tries to do that move where he propels himself with a rocket a well timed soul crush or singularity will grab him. He doesn't outzone Raven, it can just be a little tricky to outzone him. You don't want him up close because he will fuck your shit up.

Edit: Just look at Blind_Man's video. Notice how once he goes into demon stance and zones GL he starts whooping ass.

Sami

Noob
Just going to put this here because it isn't in the thread and it wasn't streamed so I'm not sure how many people actually saw this. I hope this shows the GL Raven match up a little better too.

Ending of the first match was hilarious :p

When GL was doing the intense pressure close-up Raven could hardly do a thing, but the moment you got some distance GL was locked down. Nice job in the 2nd match - "I got blown up" pretty much summed it up lol.

very dominant play in 2nd match and good reads on the dashes. sabin didnt have a clue lol. i remember asking him about raven in the testing phase of the game and he was like : "cheap. very cheap.". im not surprised he fell victim to one :p.

You can soul crush him if he tries to dash in right after a blocked pillar. Don't try to reflect his rockets, just absorb them or block/jump/duck. If he keeps jumping and shooting rockets hit him with pillars. If he tries to do that move where he propels himself with a rocket a well timed soul crush or singularity will grab him. He doesn't outzone Raven, it can just be a little tricky to outzone him. You don't want him up close because he will fuck your shit up.

Edit: Just look at Blind_Man's video. Notice how once he goes into demon stance and zones GL he starts whooping ass.
Match 2 had some stuff I can take from it, but honestly Sabin was doing so much worthless risk in that first match to where I know for a fact that I wouldn't be able to hit with any kind of her strings against someone who knows them. And I never said he out zones raven, I said from that one range length I need an answer. Also two things I noticed, first match, he did f3, when b3 would have easily killed and easier to connect at the end, also once he had a full bar lead, and raven in the corner, that was an easy take 1 pace back and crouch block, and blind ducky would have been forced to take a very noticeable risk to get out of the corner.
I can beat my friend all day with dark raven from chip alone, the problem is making the hit to safely go into dark raven, and the fact that he stays out of soul crush range when I am in dark raven and doesn't put himself in the corner.
He is basically using my approach to the matchup against me to an extinct, except no where near as good at confirming on hit. I can beat him easily in mirror but only going for 45% wins against someone I am better than is a problem.
It is annoying as mess, and was hoping blind ducky had a blow him up answer for it, since he has seen it pretty much in play, with the exception of jump checks during dark raven. His raven is better than mine was was looking for advice when playing that specific g.l type
I do appreciate the input though, thank you

I can beat my friend all day with dark raven from chip alone, the problem is making the hit to safely go into dark raven

Ending a combo with b2,3 puts them at fullscreen and allows you to get into trait for free. And like you said, if he's outside soul crush range just chip the shit out of him with demon stance pillars. If he gets close you just have to play smart and use what's available. There's no single strategy I use to get him off of me. Pushblock helps a lot though, and d1~db2 is the greatest thing ever when someone gets really close to you.

Thanks I am usually afraid to commit to d1 lift, and I end my combos in b23 since it leads to 14% chip. I just need to elevate my game with her to getting that hit in. I want to control his meter gain while zoning him, but it is hard against a good g.l. if I see he has no meter, I know I can freely air trait on him, the problem I was having was finding my places to trait. I may just have to acknowledge that me playing g.l will be better than my raven, and just roll with it, but she is fun to play with. Guess I shouldn't expect to blow up a person in a 5/5 mu.
You seem to know a lot about how to approach the matchup, mind playing a few games on psn sometime, I can be the g.l for the matches, just want to play copycat on the ways you blow it up, I am too reliant on the stages right now to punish him.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
MILE_HIGH_CLUB came up with this; I just recorded it for him in HD. Overall the combos/resets are bad ass, especially those against Bane were the game actually says 101% (1014% with transaction). Let me know what you guys think

Previous video (some Raven)

MILE_HIGH_CLUB
TONY-T

Last edited:

Sami

Noob
New vid, 1:50. Can this be tech-rolled out of? As far as I know f2 isn't a hard knockdown so HG should be able to roll and then dash/evade/etc.

edit: f2233 resets look back-dashable (which would also make them wake-up-able) too.