What's new

Raven Soul Crush punish setup

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Watch and learn:

**MODS: How do I put the [TECH] tag in the title? It used to have a selection where I can choose it, but it wasn't there when I created this thread.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Keep in mind that this is a 2 bar punish to put them into the standing reset. Probably still worth it though since its good damage anyways and makes them think a bit before mashing out the soul crush over and over.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Keep in mind that this is a 2 bar punish to put them into the standing reset. Probably still worth it though since its good damage anyways and makes them think a bit before mashing out the soul crush over and over.
2-bars yes... but you can end it with Iceberg and now you are close to her. Full combo punish from fullscreen is a good thing.

RiBBz22

2-bars yes... but you can end it with Iceberg and now you are close to her. Full combo punish from fullscreen is a good thing.
I agree, I am just saying to keep in mind that to max punish like that u need more than one bar which u may or may not have at the time.

RiBBz22

I think my comments are totally being misconstrued in this thread lol.

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
How can you go for a MB reset if you do not have meter? Please answer that riddle.
Regardless if you have the meter for the reset, landing MB Iceberg > Slide > U+3 > U+3 > 2,2 xx Iceberg does a fuckton of damage.

Maybe we just have a failure to communicate here.

In short, this is never a bad idea unless the Raven doesn't throw out Soul Crush in this situation. :S

RiBBz22

Regardless if you have the meter for the reset, landing MB Iceberg > Slide > U+3 > U+3 > 2,2 xx Iceberg does a fuckton of damage.

Maybe we just have a failure to communicate here.

In short, this is never a bad idea unless the Raven doesn't throw out Soul Crush in this situation. :S
lol, every response I get makes it sound like I am challenging the setup. I think this is a great setup, and I just simply stated to keep in mind that it is two bars for a full punish and 1 bar to get in. It was more of a FYI type thing and for some reason everyone in the thread is reading into it the wrong way like I am saying it isn't worth the meter when I actually think it is.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I know why you posted what you did and I am happy you did as I did not say how much meter it takes to do this setup even though it is painfully obvious.

Sorry you feel you are being trolled lol :joker:

RiBBz22

I know why you posted what you did and I am happy you did as I did not say how much meter it takes to do this setup even though it is painfully obvious.

Sorry you feel you are being trolled lol :joker:
lmao just stahp, too funny

Sami

Noob
So this relies on the Raven player not knowing the range of Soul Crush? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything here as I plan on maining Raven :p

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
So this relies on the Raven player not knowing the range of Soul Crush? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything here as I plan on maining Raven :p
Yes, and if Raven's trait is active she can punish Iceberg from ANYWHERE!

Sami

Noob
Yes, and if Raven's trait is active she can punish Iceberg from ANYWHERE!
Good to know. While throwing the Iceberg out at full screen vs. Raven won't (shouldn't!) work against good players (Demon Stance not active of course), using Iceberg just at the edge of Soul Crush's range may bait a few players into trying to punish it and getting punished in return.

Demon Stance shuts down pretty much every unsafe move from point blank to full-screen anyway :)

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Good to know. While throwing the Iceberg out at full screen vs. Raven won't (shouldn't!) work against good players (Demon Stance not active of course), using Iceberg just at the edge of Soul Crush's range may bait a few players into trying to punish it and getting punished in return.

Demon Stance shuts down pretty much every unsafe move from point blank to full-screen anyway :)
Thats sounds very valid tatctics against a more experienced player.

RiBBz22: If you find yourself a full screen away from Raven, you are outside the SC range and if you have no meter you can also just try to zone with Ice Daggers until you have at least that one bar to execute the lesser punish to get you in her face. At least that is what I'm thinking, I'lle test it out for sure sometime.

There is a flaw in this trick, but it is a good tool for your bag of tricks.

RiBBz22

Thats sounds very valid tatctics against a more experienced player.

RiBBz22: If you find yourself a full screen away from Raven, you are outside the SC range and if you have no meter you can also just try to zone with Ice Daggers until you have at least that one bar to execute the lesser punish to get you in her face. At least that is what I'm thinking, I'lle test it out for sure sometime.

There is a flaw in this trick, but it is a good tool for your bag of tricks.
yeah, at the very least blocking the SC gives you a free iceberg punish and if you wanted to dash in and slide after MB iceberg you still get good damage.

TheSpore

yeah, at the very least blocking the SC gives you a free iceberg punish and if you wanted to dash in and slide after MB iceberg you still get good damage.
I'm gonna be spending a good amount of time in the lab with KF, I just picked her up last week and didn't even think about the dash slide idea or the IB dash slide. It seems very useful and I am sure gonna try to master executing it. I think one character that can be some issues for her is HG, I played a pretty experienced player using HG last night and I found it hard to AA her especially at a full screen distance it got tricky getting in and I had to eat a few Mace Throws to get there.

RiBBz22

I'm gonna be spending a good amount of time in the lab with KF, I just picked her up last week and didn't even think about the dash slide idea or the IB dash slide. It seems very useful and I am sure gonna try to master executing it. I think one character that can be some issues for her is HG, I played a pretty experienced player using HG last night and I found it hard to AA her especially at a full screen distance it got tricky getting in and I had to eat a few Mace Throws to get there.
Yeah the iceberg MB dash slide punish is really really good and everyone who plays Frost needs to get this down. I normally will just MB iceberg into another iceberg for safe damage and go back into dagger pressure and see what they try to do in order to deal with it before I start looking for stronger punishes like iceberg MB dash slide ~ ender.

TheSpore

Yeah the iceberg MB dash slide punish is really really good and everyone who plays Frost needs to get this down. I normally will just MB iceberg into another iceberg for safe damage and go back into dagger pressure and see what they try to do in order to deal with it before I start looking for stronger punishes like iceberg MB dash slide ~ ender.
Yeah this dash slide trick is possibly what was keeping me out when I was facing HG, I would prolly hav eaten a lot less Maces. Right now I'm trying to get her executions down she has some of the most flashy combos and can control space like no tomorrow. I'lle be taking many suggestions off these threads. Right now I have issues trying to conect an U3,U3,F112 string, it just has some weird timing in it.