What's new

General/Other Raven 2.0?

Is it me or is Zatanna made to become Raven 2.0? After watching the trailer, it looks like she's basically demon raven with a touch of MK9 Quan Chi.

You know, zatanna has about 4 threads of people discussing her. Her specials , playstyle, even looks. I don't see a real reason for this threads existence

Maybe I need to see it again, but I just figured between teleport and the trance move that behaves kinda like Ravens Demon mode MB db2, (long distance vaccum move that leads to a combo), they appeared to have similar tools to one another.

You know, zatanna has about 4 threads of people discussing her. Her specials , playstyle, even looks. I don't see a real reason for this threads existence
If the mods feel the need to close it, it's fine by me. I was just curious if anyone else thought the same thing.

Maybe I need to see it again, but I just figured between teleport and the trance move that behaves kinda like Ravens Demon mode MB db2, (long distance vaccum move that leads to a combo), they appeared to have similar tools to one another.

If the mods feel the need to close it, it's fine by me. I was just curious if anyone else thought the same thing.
I don't see a problem with it. It's not like the raven forum ever have anything going on anyways. It literally looks the same as it did a couple of months ago.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I don't see a problem with it. It's not like the raven forum ever have anything going on anyways. It literally looks the same as it did a couple of months ago.
Except that new thread I made and the thousands more posts in the MU and general discussion thread.

Also Zatanna looks completelly different.

I feel like zatanna makes raven obsolete. Although I could be very very wrong

You are very very wrong. Zatanna seems really good for about the first hour of playing around with her, but once you leave practice mode you will get your shit wrecked. Her normals are sooo bad. They are very slow and have terrrrible range. Her combo damage is below average, her specials aren't that great, and her trait prevents her from jumping, crouching, and if she blocks she gets knocked out of her trait. She needs a shit ton of meter to do anything.

zaf

professor
You are very very wrong. Zatanna seems really good for about the first hour of playing around with her, but once you leave practice mode you will get your shit wrecked. Her normals are sooo bad. They are very slow and have terrrrible range. Her combo damage is below average, her specials aren't that great, and her trait prevents her from jumping, crouching, and if she blocks she gets knocked out of her trait. She needs a shit ton of meter to do anything.
she is a week old.

zaf

professor
But she is also nothing like Raven lol.
doesnt have to be 100% identical to make her obsolete.
has zoning options, a teleport and a parry.
although like i said she is a week old.
so if i am wrong, i dont care and if i am right i dont care.
it was just an observation.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
there are definitely similarities, i guess you could say Zatanna is a better version of Raven

she is a week old.

I understand that, but even then I find it really hard to imagine her getting much better. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've put some time into her and while she seems great in practice mode she struggles big time against actual human opponents. I've never had such trouble picking up a new character. And even then it's hard to see her getting much better even with a lot of practice. I may be being harsh, but I had high hopes for her. I wasn't expecting her to be easy and dominate, but she seems to be at such a huge disadvantage compared to the rest of the cast. Even those who are dedicated to her are saying that. I will gladly eat my words if I get proven wrong.

there are definitely similarities, i guess you could say Zatanna is a better version of Raven

Definitely not. It may look that way from her gameplay reveal and all those videos of people doing stuff with her in practice mode. But against actual opponents she struggles really really badly.

zaf

professor
I understand that, but even then I find it really hard to imagine her getting much better. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've put some time into her and while she seems great in practice mode she struggles big time against actual human opponents. I've never had such trouble picking up a new character. And even then it's hard to see her getting much better even with a lot of practice. I may be being harsh, but I had high hopes for her. I wasn't expecting her to be easy and dominate, but she seems to be at such a huge disadvantage compared to the rest of the cast. Even those who are dedicated to her are saying that. I will gladly eat my words if I get proven wrong.
zatanna, just like zod and mmh are characters that require a lot more thinking then most of the cast.
i would not disagree that you might not see what makes her good right now. she is a week old.
she will be one of the characters that will really need to be looked into and fleshed out.
batman for example,we all knew was good when we started to play him.
i think she will take a lot more work then most characters, so it will make sense to have no idea what to do with her right now.

zatanna, just like zod and mmh are characters that require a lot more thinking then most of the cast.
i would not disagree that you might not see what makes her good right now. she is a week old.
she will be one of the characters that will really need to be looked into and fleshed out.
batman for example,we all knew was good when we started to play him.
i think she will take a lot more work then most characters, so it will make sense to have no idea what to do with her right now.

Agree to disagree. Just out of curiosity have you used her? And against real opponents? I'm not trying to sound like a dick btw.

ZalliX

Noob
Zatanna is a pretty weak fighter compared to Raven. The only thing Zatanna can do better than Raven is teleport away and..... Turn into three people...

Zatanna is a pretty weak fighter compared to Raven. The only thing Zatanna can do better than Raven is teleport away and..... Turn into three people...

And she has a hat...

But seriously, Zatanna cannot touch Raven. She can't zone her because of empty void, teleport, and the fact that Raven is way better at it. Zatanna's trait is a death sentence against Raven. Her normals are so short and slow and Raven has one of the fastest walk speeds in the game and can easily get out of the range of Zatanna's normals. The only way I can see Zatanna doing any damage to Raven is by catching her pressing buttons with a MB puppet master or MB teleport.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson

How can you determine this without playing Zatanna for more than 3 months?

I hate when people expect to pick things up in 2-3 days. It takes time to skill something, it's never instant.

How can you determine this without playing Zatanna for more than 3 months?

I hate when people expect to pick things up in 2-3 days. It takes time to skill something, it's never instant.

Since I posted that comment I've changed my stance. I think she does have a lot of potential now, she's just really tricky to be good with. So yeah, I was wrong. Sorry :(