What's new

Ranking Poll to gauge interest in each character Pre-release.

Mikotto

Boon Pls.
Hey guys, first post, sorry if I mess anything up. I was interested in seeing how interested people were in each character in the few weeks prior to release. Ideally it would be done when we know as much about each character as we can before the game releases, but I wanted a larger sample size on pre-release characters, so getting too close to release was risky. Anyway, the poll can be found here: http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/zkykfx/character-interest

I'll post back in a few days with graphs and shit

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Voted.. And I stand by my optional comment- from now until the end of the current gen systems

Fuck Ermac, and Shinnok

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Highly surprised at the tally thus far. Didn't realize there was so much interest in Jacqui! And the low interest in Ermac has me concerned. As in, "okay, Jacqui is meh, let's open up Ermac" kinda way..

Mikotto

Boon Pls.
Highly surprised at the tally thus far. Didn't realize there was so much interest in Jacqui! And the low interest in Ermac has me concerned. As in, "okay, Jacqui is meh, let's open up Ermac" kinda way..
Not sure if you were being sarcastic but, the numbers are the characters average rating, Jacqui is by far the least popular character.

I'm surprised D'vorah is so low. I think she looks like she'll be interesting; fairly excited to try her out at least.

Personal list + reasons for reference-
Ermac - A main since UMK3

Quan - Always want to like him, but he never quite works. Hoping this version of him is awesome

Shinnok - Ditto for shang, and since shinnok is shang 2.0 I'm hoping he's fun.

Sub-Zero- I love his corner trap playstyle from 9 and hope they can do more with it.

Scorp- Just fun

Kotal Khan- really liking the totem mechanic and the quasi grappler.

D'vorah- Sinestro

Erron- Has some potential and is new. I suspect I won't like him in the end, but he might be fun.

Kano- Really liking grappler potential and how his new looks/moves flow.

Johnny- I love the chip for days MK9 style, and stunt double looks stylish as hell.

Raiden- Displacer and lightning traps

Goro- Curious to see what they do.

Reptile- somewhat boring since I feel he's the biggest clone from MK9, but I do like his Mk9 version.

Mileena- I really want to see what I can do with her forward and backward teleport.

Liu- if it weren't for evil ball form he wouldn't be anywhere near here, but thankfully that looks cool.

Takeda- He's awkward in my eyes for some reason, but I'll admit i'm curious to see how he plays.

Ferra/Tor- Again grappler/brusier mechanic.

Kung Lao- meh. He's cool, i like what they did, I just don't enjoy him.

Sonya- I didn't love her in MK9, but she does seem cooler from what little we've seen.

Jax- Only this low because I've seen nothing so far. Could potentially be above reptile. Really liked his MK9 style.

Kenshi- I've always preferred ermac for my mind slamming fun. Unless he's got a really cool style he's staying down here. That said I used him a lot for placement of the cast as I still enjoy playing kenshi, so those below I really don't like.

Kun Jin- he just seemed so damn boring. Like I get what he's doing and why it's neat, but everything about him is just...generic, and movewise it's nothing we haven't seen before, even if it is well done.

Cassie- I get why people like her, I just don't. And it's not really hate, but just looking at her already i feel she's not someone i'm going to play.

Jaqui- Nothing known so i'm lumping her in with cassie mostly for being another generic loudmouth personality wise. Could wind up anywhere.

Kitana- I just....meh. Maybe i'll change my mind and move her up, but I feel she looks werid as hell, and it hurts her. Being more fair in hindsight she should maybe be just under kenshi, because I do like her styles, but meh.

Thoughts on main list-

Top 4 is basically what I would've guessed. Or if not guessed I certainly wasn't surprised.

Erron as the top newcommer surprises me a little. I guess it helps that he's the most "generic" of the new group and appeals to a larger group, while others are much more niche.

Liu is way higher up than I thought.

Quan is much much lower than I thought.

D'vorah is surprisingly low as well.

Macdaddy

STEAM: Bloodychaos2 XBOX: Macdaddy256969
Kinda unfair for the characters that havnt been shown yet. No matter scorp and sub and ermac always gonna be most popular especially if theyre easy like ermac in mk9

Maasik

Noob
Surprised DLC isn't on the list, since even some of the main cast hasn't been shown but still made it on the list.

Mikotto

Boon Pls.
Surprised DLC isn't on the list, since even some of the main cast hasn't been shown but still made it on the list.
Yeah, I wanted to get everybody's hype for the starting roster. So I didn't want to include DLC that wasn't Goro.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Heh my list was almost the opposite of the results... Just 2 characters different by 3 places.... This makes me happy... .

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Not sure if you were being sarcastic but, the numbers are the characters average rating, Jacqui is by far the least popular character.

I'm surprised D'vorah is so low. I think she looks like she'll be interesting; fairly excited to try her out at least.
I stand corrected, I was..... Inverted , thanks for clearing that up!

While not a fan of Jaxette at all.. I love your enthusiasm and loyalty.. Stick to your guns man, don't let then shake you down.
Lol thanks. I wouldn't have mind her getting if she at least had her gameplay revealed, just don't like that she is getting it without enough of her being shown yet.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
There's going to be a lot of people including myself "showing interest" in the unreleased characters because they are still a mystery playstyle-wise.

Who really knows how Jax, Sonya, Kenshi, and especially Jacqui will play.

Mikotto

Boon Pls.
There's going to be a lot of people including myself "showing interest" in the unreleased characters because they are still a mystery playstyle-wise.

Who really knows how Jax, Sonya, Kenshi, and especially Jacqui will play.
While new and unannounced characters certainly are more exciting, am I the only one who pick a main who not only has a suitable playstyle, but also an appealing aesthetic? From what I've seen from Sonya and Jacqui, they both look pretty bland just from a character model standpoint. I hope I change my mind barring some insanely badass moves but right now I doubt it.