What's new

Ranked - switching characters on game 5...

Should this be allowed? I just spent 4 matches adapting to a new character I never fought against and after 4 close matches being 2 - 2 with me winning the 4th, opponent switches to someone completely new and I'm thrown off by this and lose...

I feel ranked should lock you into 1 character for the while set.

HAMMER

Noob
Sonic Fox is exceptional talent. He didn't have to use Erron Black against that Kotal Kahn dude. He could've swept him with Alien if he wanted. He wanted to put on a show. I miss S tier Alien. He was fun AF to use.

Maybe he's confident. You don't think that's possible?
naw, like if this was a lesser tournament that didn't matter then maybe. But it was evo, it wouldnt make sense to me to see him do that. I've seen a player in street fighter stick with their secondary to practice with them in a lesser tournament but thats about the only example I can think of regarding a player not using their best character.

HAMMER

Noob
naw, like if this was a lesser tournament that didn't matter then maybe. But it was evo, it wouldnt make sense to me to see him do that. I've seen a player in street fighter stick with their secondary to practice with them in a lesser tournament but thats about the only example I can think of regarding a player not using their best character.
Good thing you and I can't read minds. You can believe your viewpoint, I'll believe mine.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
Sonic is both exceptionally cocky and exceptionally talented it’s possible he put on a show. I think he’s already won big money by then.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
1. It's just like this at tournaments

2. It let's you see different strategies in one set (diversifying your knowledge)

3. Let's you, yourself, try out characters you've been working on and then let's you bring out your actual character if you want to win.

I've been reverse 3-0ing a lot of people with the noob killer jax due to this. It's hilarious.

Sonic is both exceptionally cocky and exceptionally talented it’s possible he put on a show. I think he’s already won big money by then.
Bro it’s EVO. Evo is known as the pinnacle of every fighting game tournament. I can’t believe anybody is insinuating he’s doing it for a show come on now. Did you see this mans face when he lost and it got reset? No person putting on a show would look that worried or celebrate like that after winning.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
Bro it’s EVO. Evo is known as the pinnacle of every fighting game tournament. I can’t believe anybody is insinuating he’s doing it for a show come on now. Did you see this mans face when he lost and it got reset? No person putting on a show would look that worried or celebrate like that after winning.
I’ve done similar things with money on the line. Sonic fox is also a master of the game outside the game, appear weak when you are strong.

Naw it's legit and it only lets you opt to switch if you lose. This is also how most tournaments are done. You also could have picked up a diferent character. If your opponent knows 2 and you only know one, that's his work paying off.
You're character locked if you win the match

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
He def didn't put on a show on purpose lol, Sonicfox is a really talented player but Tekkenmaster def gave him a run for his money in that Grand Finals you could see it on his face he was tilting. Alien was a last minute call but the right one. I've never seen him like that since then though he's more chill nowadays when he loses.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
It can be incredibly frustrating to have a set go to the last game only for the opponent to have to switch to someone completely different in the last game.

But you know, that's why they switch. Because it is frustrating and they want to win. It's a competitive game. There has to be a winner and a loser.

I understand it can be annoying but it's apart of fighting games.